Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no acknowledgement of overpowered heals?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why no acknowledgement of overpowered heals?

MotorCityMan
05.18.2013 , 12:13 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Zohkar View Post
But as a healer, I get some ok matchs, alot of bad matchs, and only having 13 wins and 70 loses in the last 3 weeks makes me feel disheartened to play a imperial. But I'll try till I can't take it and then take a few more months off from pvp and focus back on pve. Carreer wins 442, carreer loses 2831, got to love solo queing as a pug.
This is reflective of my experience.

Savej
05.18.2013 , 12:20 AM | #192
PVP is getting more like a football game where the offensive ball never gets past the 50 yd line. Or a 1-0 baseball game after 11 innings. Who likes that?

Jorojus
05.18.2013 , 12:22 AM | #193
If pre-mades stack healers its just because they are in a trolling mood. If you can't handle 2 healers in an enemy team you are doing something wrong. I am talking about 90 procent of normal warzones. Not ranked.

I like how the OP says that if you kill a healer he is doing something bad. But if you can't kill the healer it means you never do something bad ? HA HA HA
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech Moderated swtor forum opening in 2014.
Wea_relegion_swtor

foxmob
05.18.2013 , 12:30 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
PVP is getting more like a football game where the offensive ball never gets past the 50 yd line. Or a 1-0 baseball game after 11 innings. Who likes that?
uh...that's probably a good baseball game to watch, and probably a lot quicker than an 11-6 game. but I know what you mean.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Astarica
05.18.2013 , 12:43 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
uh...that's probably a good baseball game to watch, and probably a lot quicker than an 11-6 game. but I know what you mean.
Some PvP matches are like the Yankees versus Red Sox games now. You can think of Force Barrier and Vanish as the commercial breaks, and Force Speed and Scamper as a timeout.

JouerTue
05.18.2013 , 12:57 AM | #196
i find some balance came out after a month..you can see the same amount of damage and heals and a decent number of kills(i can have more than 30 in tank spec)
bad players are bad and if you cannot focus healers and interrupt the right ability l2p

JP_Legatus
05.18.2013 , 01:42 AM | #197
Highest overall recorded damage in 2.0 to date is 2.6m (link). Highest recorded healing is 4.3m.
Highest recorded dps is 2589, highest hps is 2907 (link).

These are the only numbers I'm aware of, and it shows quite obviously that healing is higher.
Yes healers can still be killed with proper focus/swapping and use of cc, but the healing is still over the damage by a significant margin.
Plaje - 65 PVP Assassin
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Jorojus
05.18.2013 , 01:45 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Highest overall recorded damage in 2.0 to date is 2.6m (link). Highest recorded healing is 4.3m.
Highest recorded dps is 2589, highest hps is 2907 (link).

These are the only numbers I'm aware of, and it shows quite obviously that healing is higher.
Yes healers can still be killed with proper focus/swapping and use of cc, but the healing is still over the damage by a significant margin.
Aren't there healers in both "teams" ? Are you one of those guys that can't kill a healer 1 vs 1 ?
The Progenitor
Wea_relegion_swtor

BambulaGTS
05.18.2013 , 02:00 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Jorojus View Post
Aren't there healers in both "teams" ? Are you one of those guys that can't kill a healer 1 vs 1 ?
You so cute bro.

I would say normally in the most mmos one could kill healer 1 on 1 in 2 situations:

1. One is some burtsy devil stunlocking class (classy roguish archetypes).
2. In a very long battle healer go out of resource and dies. But this situation needs damage dealer to be able to make good pressure to not let healer to do damage moves only heals, cause obviously healer will outlast damage dealer, and of course it should be possible to dry healer of resource (passively with making him heal non stop and actively using mana drains etc.).

In swtor, at least in patch 2.0 we got again situation with infinite resource healers. And people suddenly start thinking of OPness.

What changed in heal power departament? Nothing, but now they just always have force - energy. Heat/ammo? May be, may be can be dried, but needs more than 1 on 1 situation.

Jorojus
05.18.2013 , 02:04 AM | #200
I guess if the developers decide that healers shouldn't be able to killed 1 on 1 its like that. The way the game is atm I think its like that but not sure, maybe you'll have to ask them?

What I am trying to say is that teams are always balanced if you have everything "perfect".

Ofc in pugs warzone no 2 players are the same, so 99 procent of the whine on this forum is irrelevant.

Look at me all going carebear today
The Progenitor
Wea_relegion_swtor