Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let's talk Hammer Station...

FalmeseReb
12.21.2011 , 02:19 PM | #21
There are 3 major flashpoint chains. There's Essless/BT, Foundry/Maelstrom, and False emperor. These are the full length, story mode flashpoints. Some people don't care too much for these kinds of flashpoints. So they made the ones that are lighter on the story like hammer station, athiss, etc etc.
Fyoro Falm, Kettemoor Rebels, SWG
"would you like a taste of my Trauger Gas?" -OE-/Mnky ftw

Mesley McCallister, Antigua Brits, PotBS

Albytaps
12.21.2011 , 02:21 PM | #22
When I first ran Hammer, I also noticed it had no story cutscenes but I wasn't bothered by it. I thought it was a fun flashpoint and quick enough to not be a burden. We got some good loot and we were all happy.

OP is being a drama queen.
THE 8-BIT COALITION
A MATURE GAMERS' GUILD

Lukashisuphola
12.21.2011 , 03:27 PM | #23
Have to first say that its not about that they don't have "dramatic" choices and what not, but that they have nothing at all just mindless killing which was pretty much promised there would not be, they even explicitly said there would be NO grinding and its all very story driven especily the class quests and flashpoints, not to mention he was right that they hooked many in with showing some of the best parts and telling about the best ones.
-->So I totaly agree that Hammer and the few others need to be fixed, and include somethings, a couple decent scenes of whats really going on, who the bosses are, maybe a couple times to coment on something or do/cause something, and maybe just like little events and or "random encounters" (which would be totaly awesome and make running them 10xs like some I guess like to do even more awesome) etc..

I do think the OP(original poster) kind of became a drama queen in his first post no offence dude.. but relax... as there are some that have story and the fact a fair amount of the game still has story in it and does not need to rely entirely on flashpoints to give you them obviously and this game will polish like crazy for long time and add more change a bit etc...

As to those say QQ with , "I get tired of the story and want to run it 100xs" well thats good for you, please go back to Everquest/WoW/DnD/etc....... and do dungeons or something... because there is really no need to do them 100xs or even 10xs sorry to tell you and because they require least a small group I am sure there will almost always be a little difference in the diaoulge and choices made which is quite entertaining.
Anything is possible, just not probable.

hadoken
12.21.2011 , 03:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by FalmeseReb View Post
There are 3 major flashpoint chains. There's Essless/BT, Foundry/Maelstrom, and False emperor. These are the full length, story mode flashpoints. Some people don't care too much for these kinds of flashpoints. So they made the ones that are lighter on the story like hammer station, athiss, etc etc.
Yea I think people don't realize that the 3 production quality flashpoints have been in the game/beta for a loooong time. All these new ones were thrown in within the last 2 months.

Herbertllew
12.21.2011 , 03:59 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by knotwrite View Post
I'll admit, it was refreshing to have bosses that actually had interesting mechanics that you had to handle (I tank, so it can get boring quickly if bosses are easy).

However, it was inescusably devoid of story. Lack of story is the whole reason I quit WoW.

Pretty much got to agree with this. Hammer Station was a huge letdown after The Esseles. Unfortunately, the next 2 instances have almost no conversation to them, either.

Herbertllew
12.21.2011 , 04:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Yea I think people don't realize that the 3 production quality flashpoints have been in the game/beta for a loooong time. All these new ones were thrown in within the last 2 months.
Well, if this is the case, then BioWare has a real problem if they're expecting to turn out content that meets the bar they set with The Esseles and other story-mode content. It's just an enormous letdown to go do a boring, WoW style, 4-pulls-boss-4 pulls-boss-5 pulls-last boss instance after doing story stuff.

Meet your own high standards, BioWare.

wargonglok
12.21.2011 , 04:04 PM | #27
Bioware stated that thery would make very story intensive flashpoints for the story-lovers (me), and very combat oriented kill everyone flashpoints, for those who don't really like story.

Slydermv
12.21.2011 , 04:44 PM | #28
So Bioware gave the players options of a few story driven flashpoints, and a few solely combat oriented flashpoints and QQ?

They are all optional content. If you don't like one set of combat oriented flashpoints, don't do them and level. If you don't like the story ones, don't do them and level.

But please, for the love of god... stop with all the tears.

knotwrite
12.21.2011 , 05:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Slydermv View Post
So Bioware gave the players options of a few story driven flashpoints, and a few solely combat oriented flashpoints and QQ?

They are all optional content. If you don't like one set of combat oriented flashpoints, don't do them and level. If you don't like the story ones, don't do them and level.

But please, for the love of god... stop with all the tears.

I'm not paying $15 a month to skip content.

I stopped playing WoW because I managed to finally open my eyes that Blizzard had tried so hard to keep shut and realized that most of what I was doing just wasn't enjoyable.

Farming mats to make money wasn't fun, but you had to do it to get enchants/gems.

Grinding the same 2 heroics (ZA/ZF) to hit the Valor cap for the week so you could get some gear wasn't fun.

Playing through unique instances in which my character has deep impacts on the outcome of a situation is, and that's what I believed SWtoR was going to be like, but it seems Bioware has pulled the old switcheroo on us all.

I'm done paying for a game that forces me to do things that aren't fun, especially with so many amazing games on the market this season. MW3, BF3, AC:R, Skyrim, Arkham City, the list goes on.

Fdzzaigl
12.21.2011 , 05:59 PM | #30
Hammer station is one of those flashpoints in "classic dungeon style" they added to fill in gaps, you can see this pretty clearly.

However, although I agree that one is kind of easy and uninteresting. It does get better for this kind of flashpoint.

Athiss only does marginally better.
Mandalorian raiders is a lot more interesting.
Cademimu is much more interesting due to setting (the whole revolution thing going on).
Taral V is again more story-driven.

It does improve, and HS is a good way to get you introduced to things.