Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
05.17.2013 , 11:09 AM | #221
Congrats, you had managed to build up a bit of trust, but it's kind of blown at this point. Good job.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

CosmicKat
05.17.2013 , 11:09 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Fair enough.

Yes the criticism is loud and I guess the point I'm trying to make is that as long as bioware is making lots of cash from these changes, nothing will change.

I get people's point of view but for me I see like arguing against a wall. The wall isn't going to move because everyone else is holding it up.

Here is something people might find interesting about me. I TOO think the kiosk designer station should be free and that dyes should be more accessible.

It is however, not the reason I play the game so I am "ok" with the way they implemented it. Because if my monthly stipend I am ok with using it.
Well just be careful, or thou willst feel the wrath of mine hammer!

Just kidding. There are many regular posters here that I rarely agree with, but they manage to share their opinions in reasonable, respectful, and adult ways. I have zero issue with any of them 99% of the time (everyone goes a bit too far once in a while).

Slurmez
05.17.2013 , 11:10 AM | #223
Anyone who believes a work Hickman says should welcome the life lesson....

Arkerus
05.17.2013 , 11:11 AM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
No a poor choice of wording is, well it might rain then it doesnt, telling people to keep subscribing and they will get the same service as pre f2p and then doing the opposite is lying. its bait and switch.

You crossed the line and possibly broken the law, asa have been informed so we shall see.
I admit I chuckled a little. Shingara, you are quite the character.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Slurmez
05.17.2013 , 11:12 AM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I will just be as honest as I can here, it was a poor choice in wording on our part. I know that players have made decisions around whether to remain a subscriber based on those words which makes it all that much more sensitive. I apologize if you feel that you were misled by what we said in that blog. Since this blog I feel we have been more consistent in our messaging that you can expect things like cosmetic and convenience features (like Appearance Designer) are the types of things we usually place on the Cartel Market.

It has always been our plan that as new content is released,(such as Flashpoints, Operations, in-game events, daily hubs, etc.) that subscribers will get access to these pieces of content. This is unlike a free-2-play player who will need to purchase access to that content. This is why we stated subscribers gained "unlimited" access to that content, because you get that as a part of your subscription.

For Cartel Market items, you have access to purchase all of them, as do F2P players. What sets you folks apart is your monthly stipend which will allow you to purchase those features at no additional cost should you choose. I realize with your stipend, and with all the features we have, you may not be able to get it all at once but you can get it in time as a subscriber.

With that being said we have definitely heard your frustrations around Game Updates and the value you feel as a subscriber. I don't have details today but we are continuing to look at options moving forward to make sure that you don't feel that way.

-eric
like the asstastic eyepiece in the CE vendor store? You guys dont have a clue.

maxetius
05.17.2013 , 11:12 AM | #226
Quote:
here are many regular posters here that I rarely agree with, but they manage to share their opinions in reasonable, respectful, and adult ways.
Then there are the wannabe cults of personality who take one stance and refuse to ever see things another way, challenging posters to defend themselves before ever dare challenging them.

branmakmuffin
05.17.2013 , 11:13 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Came in, posted in an extremely hostile environment when didn't have to, owned up to mistakes made.

Regardless of my personal feelings, Respect and props to you, sir.
Notice that the wording is the ol' "non-apology apology." "We're sorry if you felt misled," not "We're sorry we misled you." And for all my talk of reading that statement as the lawyers-speak that it is, I do believe it was misleading, since most people do no speak Lawyer.

Also note he's being as honest as he can, not just plain honest. Just observations, not criticisms. He has his marching orders (and he wants to keep his job).

Nagadeath
05.17.2013 , 11:13 AM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I will just be as honest as I can here, it was a poor choice in wording on our part. I know that players have made decisions around whether to remain a subscriber based on those words which makes it all that much more sensitive. I apologize if you feel that you were misled by what we said in that blog. Since this blog I feel we have been more consistent in our messaging that you can expect things like cosmetic and convenience features (like Appearance Designer) are the types of things we usually place on the Cartel Market.

It has always been our plan that as new content is released,(such as Flashpoints, Operations, in-game events, daily hubs, etc.) that subscribers will get access to these pieces of content. This is unlike a free-2-play player who will need to purchase access to that content. This is why we stated subscribers gained "unlimited" access to that content, because you get that as a part of your subscription.

For Cartel Market items, you have access to purchase all of them, as do F2P players. What sets you folks apart is your monthly stipend which will allow you to purchase those features at no additional cost should you choose. I realize with your stipend, and with all the features we have, you may not be able to get it all at once but you can get it in time as a subscriber.

With that being said we have definitely heard your frustrations around Game Updates and the value you feel as a subscriber. I don't have details today but we are continuing to look at options moving forward to make sure that you don't feel that way.

-eric
translation: we have altered the deal. pray we do not alter it farther.

Shingara
05.17.2013 , 11:13 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
I admit I chuckled a little. Shingara, you are quite the character.
Laugh it up, the asa wernt laughing when i told them.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

gorstram
05.17.2013 , 11:15 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by shingara View Post
a good question we shall never get an answer to, and now q the defenders, 3 2 1 go.
my god, are you a wizard!?!!