Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?

Dawginole

We're used to you altering reality to match your agenda

You are getting exceedling good with the use of irony CK... gotta give you that.

Here you are, yet again.. discussing me instead of the topic. Is it infatuation, or are you just stalking me?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realy are grabbing at straws arnt you, do you work for ea or something.

First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Do you see that word thats highlighted.

Look vewy carefuwwy at the pwacement of the word "future."

You are getting exceedling good with the use of irony CK... gotta give you that.

Here you are, yet again.. discussing me instead of the topic. Is it infatuation, or are you just stalking me?

It's neither infatuation or stalking to call out your nonsense time and time again.

Couple thoughts on this...

First being this is not "Content" in my mind and I don't think it was being presented as content. I think the whole collections thing was a farce/rip off of the legacy idea that went south and into CM land of "pay me more".

While I 150% agree the CM is a complete rip-off and prices are just crazy - it's COSMETICS...

SUB's got a discount (Crappy one), but still something out of the deal. I'm more ticked about the inability to use in game credits to change my toon style and instead need to fork out real cash. Not going to happen, but thanks for trying BW team.

Bottom Line: No content. Prices are too high. People will pay in RL money. Move along. :)

Edited by dscount

We're used to you altering reality to match your agenda but you're now altering time too? Awesome.

The complaints about the CM have been going in since the CM began, which is far more than one or two weeks. Most of the complaints about the game have been the same ones since launch.

The forums do not represent in game data. I guarantee you that in game data will state this patch has been a success.

That's called reality. And Andryah is right, this is a worthless self entitled soapbox thread that deserves less than no attention from the devs.

And CK, I've called you out more than once on things you have been flat wrong about so I wouldn't try to claim Andryah is altering reality if I were you.

Edited by Arkerus

The attention span of the habitual complainer in MMOs (all MMOs, all complainers) is about one week, two tops (if nothing better comes along to complain about). Then they lose interest and go find their next chew toy.

Why is it that EVERY flipping defender of Bioware feels they have the right to continually hurl insults at people with differing opinions? You absolutely lose your debate on substance, so you all rely on name calling and insults...how pathetic.

Because I don't care. I will call people self entitled soap boxers if its true. I call it creative use of the English language.

You can restate false things forever; doesn't make them true. Nor does it get the forums closer to your apparent goal of doing nothing but discussing hood toggles.

Have fun with it, though! :D

Neither. I have a very low tolerance for spin and for bullying, those are things I react to, not any person or persons.

Why is it that EVERY flipping defender of Bioware feels they have the right to continually hurl insults at people with differing opinions? You absolutely lose your debate on substance, so you all rely on name calling and insults...how pathetic.

Personally, I try not to. I DEFINITELY need to work on my self-control, because I can easily be coerced into insult-hurling. I will absolutely try to defend the game when people make assertions like, "This isn't worth $15 to anyone, you should remove the sub completely and make the game fully P2W." That isn't helping anyone, it isn't being constructive, and it is a slap in the face to anyone who subscribes and is fine with the price-point.

Often times, though -- people who are upset with portions of the game throw insults the second someone disagrees with them. I think both sides get too worked up over a lot of it, and I've no idea why. Stupid psychology. :cool:

You can restate false things forever; doesn't make them true. Nor does it get the forums closer to your apparent goal of doing nothing but discussing hood toggles.

Have fun with it, though! :D

Was that supposed to be irony? I'm not sure if I have ever discussed a hood toggle.

You have to understand, from my POV, I've seen it all before. Lots of talk, lots of whining and criticism, no rational discussion. Nothing changes around here so I've just made the best of it.

Personally, I love the forums. I reminds me just how far some people are removed from reality.

E.g. Folks who hate the CM and drop 100s of dollars on it, then post 15 paragraphs about why it sucks.

Edited by Arkerus

The forums do not represent in game data. I guarantee you that in game data will state this patch has been a success.

That's called reality. And Andryah is right, this is a worthless self entitled soapbox thread that deserves less than no attention from the devs.

And CK, I've called you out more than once on things you have been flat wrong about so I wouldn't try to claim Andryah is altering reality if I were you.

I'll agree with your first statement. The monetary success of this patch is something none of us can know one way or the other. Personally, I've never seen a patch derided in /General as much as this one. No, I'm not one of them deriding it, just my personal opinion that inside the game is not the place to spout off.

I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.

I'll agree with your first statement. The monetary success of this patch is something none of us can know one way or the other. Personally, I've never seen a patch derided in /General as much as this one. No, I'm not one of them deriding it, just my personal opinion that inside the game is not the place to spout off.

I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.

Fair enough.

Yes the criticism is loud and I guess the point I'm trying to make is that as long as bioware is making lots of cash from these changes, nothing will change.

I get people's point of view but for me I see like arguing against a wall. The wall isn't going to move because everyone else is holding it up.

Here is something people might find interesting about me. I TOO think the kiosk designer station should be free and that dyes should be more accessible.

It is however, not the reason I play the game so I am "ok" with the way they implemented it. Because of my monthly stipend I am ok with using it.

Edited by Arkerus

I feel like anyone who took this statement

"Starting this Fall, there will be two ways to enjoy the game. First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge."

and interpreted it as "Subscribers will receive all future content ever produced for swtor at no additional charge" and actually believed it is incredibly, inconceivably naive, ESPECIALLY considering the company behind the game. Since when is EA in the business of giving expansions and new content out for free?

A lot has happened to the game since then. The production team has been reduced and changed. People have been fired or quit. An MMO is constantly shifting and changing and things are always subject to change.

Maybe at the time the statement was made they had a larger sub base and felt like, yeah, they could support the game off the income of x number of subscribers.

Or maybe they decided to scrap the original plan when paid subscribers were fleeing like rats off a burning ship.

Edited by Ten_Ton_Hammer

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I will just be as honest as I can here, it was a poor choice in wording on our part. I know that players have made decisions around whether to remain a subscriber based on those words which makes it all that much more sensitive. I apologize if you feel that you were misled by what we said in that blog. Since this blog I feel we have been more consistent in our messaging that you can expect things like cosmetic and convenience features (like Appearance Designer) are the types of things we usually place on the Cartel Market.

It has always been our plan that as new content is released,(such as Flashpoints, Operations, in-game events, daily hubs, etc.) that subscribers will get access to these pieces of content. This is unlike a free-2-play player who will need to purchase access to that content. This is why we stated subscribers gained "unlimited" access to that content, because you get that as a part of your subscription.

For Cartel Market items, you have access to purchase all of them, as do F2P players. What sets you folks apart is your monthly stipend which will allow you to purchase those features at no additional cost should you choose. I realize with your stipend, and with all the features we have, you may not be able to get it all at once but you can get it in time as a subscriber.

With that being said we have definitely heard your frustrations around Game Updates and the value you feel as a subscriber. I don't have details today but we are continuing to look at options moving forward to make sure that you don't feel that way.

-eric

Hey folks,

I will just be as honest as I can here, it was a poor choice in wording on our part. I know that players have made decisions around whether to remain a subscriber based on those words which makes it all that much more sensitive. I apologize if you feel that you were misled by what we said in that blog. Since this blog I feel we have been more consistent in our messaging that you can expect things like cosmetic and convenience features (like Appearance Designer) are the types of things we usually place on the Cartel Market.

It has always been our plan that as new content is released,(such as Flashpoints, Operations, in-game events, daily hubs, etc.) that subscribers will get access to these pieces of content. This is unlike a free-2-play player who will need to purchase access to that content. This is why we stated subscribers gained "unlimited" access to that content, because you get that as a part of your subscription.

For Cartel Market items, you have access to purchase all of them, as do F2P players. What sets you folks apart is your monthly stipend which will allow you to purchase those features at no additional cost should you choose. I realize with your stipend, and with all the features we have, you may not be able to get it all at once but you can get it in time as a subscriber.

With that being said we have definitely heard your frustrations around Game Updates and the value you feel as a subscriber. I don't have details today but we are continuing to look at options moving forward to make sure that you don't feel that way.

-eric

Lol.

I literally just posted in the other thread it was a "poor choice of words". Strange how that works out.

Maybe at the time the statement was made they had a larger sub base and felt like, yeah, they could support the game off the income of x number of subscribers.

Or maybe they decided to scrap the original plan when paid subscribers were fleeing like rats off a burning ship.

maybe you're right. maybe they changed their plan. do we have to pay cartel coins to get them to tell us that?

Hey folks,

-eric

Came in, posted in an extremely hostile environment when didn't have to, owned up to mistakes made.

Regardless of my personal feelings, Respect and props to you, sir.

Hey folks,

-eric

No a poor choice of wording is, well it might rain then it doesnt, telling people to keep subscribing and they will get the same service as pre f2p and then doing the opposite is lying. its bait and switch. Its fraud.

You crossed the line and possibly broken the law, asa have been informed so we shall see.

If you are truly sorry give out refunds for subs not yet used and cartel coins in account not given via subs loyalty scheme.

Edited by Shingara

Fair enough.

Yes the criticism is loud and I guess the point I'm trying to make is that as long as bioware is making lots of cash from these changes, nothing will change.

I get people's point of view but for me I see like arguing against a wall. The wall isn't going to move because everyone else is holding it up.

Here is something people might find interesting about me. I TOO think the kiosk designer station should be free and that dyes should be more accessible.

It is however, not the reason I play the game so I am "ok" with the way they implemented it. Because if my monthly stipend I am ok with using it.

Well just be careful, or thou willst feel the wrath of mine hammer!

Just kidding. There are many regular posters here that I rarely agree with, but they manage to share their opinions in reasonable, respectful, and adult ways. I have zero issue with any of them 99% of the time (everyone goes a bit too far once in a while).

No a poor choice of wording is, well it might rain then it doesnt, telling people to keep subscribing and they will get the same service as pre f2p and then doing the opposite is lying. its bait and switch.

You crossed the line and possibly broken the law, asa have been informed so we shall see.

I admit I chuckled a little. Shingara, you are quite the character.

Hey folks,

-eric

like the asstastic eyepiece in the CE vendor store? You guys dont have a clue.