Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do they even listen to our suggestions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do they even listen to our suggestions?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

05.16.2013 , 08:31 AM | #31
Mmos weren't like this... Before you eould have gotten new stuff with expansions and everyone was cool, not pay for every single new thing, now in 2.2 i can see it: "want to log in? 50cc!!!" ... I mean, c'mon people, when did we start to agree with this...
"An elegant weapon. It was a symbol as well. Anyone can use a blaster or a fusioncutteróbut to use a lightsaber well was a mark of someone a cut above the ordinary."

05.16.2013 , 08:40 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Xords View Post
now in 2.2 i can see it: "want to log in? 50cc!!!"
This kind of silly exaggeration discredits anything you are trying to express IMO.

On Topoic:

Yeah, they do listen to suggestions. There is a lot in this game today that originated from player suggestions.

The flaw in the OP's thinking process is believing/feeling that listening to suggestions = all suggestions implemented. Come on, you know that is unrealistic.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

05.16.2013 , 08:47 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Selethar View Post
I have 1 minor and 1 major issue with 2.0.

Minor: Existing character adjustments, minus the new hair / eyes/ whatever, should have a credit cost as well as a cartel coin cost. Changing race should still cost only cartel coins. Race unlocks are fine as well since they can be sold on GTN for credits.

Major: Random gambling pack dyes. This is the real kick in the backside out of this whole patch. At a minimum, all packs should be able to be reverse engineered. This random garbage crosses the line.
this may not be the place to state this but GW 2's dye system is awesome , mostly free or gained through PLAYING the game. Albeit, I do not like the game, it is one of the few plus's the y have. SWTOR's implementation was pure BS and the transparency of their greed is obnoxious.

05.16.2013 , 09:46 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Xords View Post
I just want what I was promised, I wasn't the one that promised cathar as free in 1.3 than after an year u have to unlock it... And alot of more things
EA never promised the Cathar as free, they have always said it would be a cartel coins purchase, it was other people who said it would be free. (They only promised the Cathar for definate after Cartel coins was launched)

If you have a different memory, then please provide a link or post the quote saying it was free, EA don't delete any of their press releases.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

05.16.2013 , 09:47 AM | #35
I love promises that never existed.

05.16.2013 , 09:51 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Ten_Ton_Hammer View Post
I love promises that never existed.
I know right?

It's the internet version of candy I guess.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

05.16.2013 , 10:07 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I know right?

It's the internet version of candy I guess.
You just made me want to watch predator 2 btw love you too.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge.

05.17.2013 , 08:37 AM | #38 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by instinks View Post
Are we even sure they listen to what we suggest? really....because they asked us on the Aussie serves what we would move to the Asia Pacific servers? or to merge all Aussie servers? The majority choses to merge the Aussie servers...did they decide to do this?! They decided to move us Asia Pacific servers.

There have been plenty of complaints going about the cartel that getting any better?! they just charge us for an expansion which has a few new levels and a bit more of a story, and then afterwards bring out another race and character customization.....which we must pay for...again!

What is the point of these forums when they don't even listen to us?
The very simple answer to this question is that yes, we absolutely listen to player feedback! However, the answer is technically a lot more complicated than that.

I think sometimes players on the forums wish that the process was just as simple as "I want X thing to be like Y" and that we can simply just change it to Y. Unfortunately it is a lot more complex, but I think this could be a good post to give some insights into what player feedback looks like on our side.

It happens very often internally where we, the community team, will raise issues to the development team that we have seen from player feedback. This is anything from a bug to just a general amount of criticism on a certain feature. What we help to provide is player feedback in as constructive a way as possible. This way it will give the developers perspective on how you folks are reacting to a system, both the good and the bad, and what you think can be changed to improve it.

This is where it gets complex, we provided player feedback, but that is just one small component of everything that goes into when a decision is made. From there, our developers can then grab metrics to see if the player feedback is supported through data. As a random, made up example:

"Players are complaining that the Assassin skill "I kill stuff" is worthless and no one uses it, it needs to be replaced."

Our developers could pull skill information on every Assassin in our game and validate what % of players are using that skill, or not using it. With data and feedback in hand, the developers also have to consider a few other components, how will it affect the company (if it is tied to monetization), how much development time will it take, if we use development time for this change will it affect something else? In this example if the developers see, using data, that 93% of all Assassins use "I kill stuff" than we can see that most likely it is just a perception issue that the skill isn't good. However, it doesn't mean the player feedback is wrong, it just means that we have two pieces of the decision making process that don't agree and more research is needed.

It should also be stated that sometimes there is feedback or ideas that come to us via player feedback that we ourselves love. However from the development side they are very difficult, time consuming, or simply just not possible. Sometimes this can be even be for things that appear like very simple changes to our game when in fact they are quite the opposite!

One of our roles as a community team is to pass on your feedback and to act as your voice in these discussions. What is important to understand is that player feedback is just one of many components that go into each decision. I also would note: remember that something like the forums are actually just one small component of player feedback. The community of our game is the forums, social media, and the many, many other players in-game who don't talk about SWTOR on either of those mediums.

I hope that gives a bit of insight into what happens with player feedback when it is received. I know it can be frustrating to feel like your feedback isn't always listened to but I assure you that your voice has a seat at the table.

Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

05.17.2013 , 08:39 AM | #39
I guess players in general sound like a very faint whisper then on most topics.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

05.17.2013 , 08:45 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
I guess players in general sound like a very faint whisper then on most topics.
Yup they never listen, no one requested these features that are there now:
01.01.2013 , 05:35 PM | #1
Dear BioWare,

Here's three things I'd pay cold, hard, real-life cash money for right now...

1. Account Storage
2. Extra Character Slot
3. Guild Name Change

I'm sure others have similar requests and some nice variations to this list. I don't think any of these are technically that hard either. Please consider them and I thank you for listening.

Faithfully yours,
It's funny all 3 of these suggestions have been added now, must be a coincidence.