Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some help requested

CrazyOldMystic
05.15.2013 , 08:50 AM | #1
So it seems all my pvp warhero gear got turned into pve gear somehow. Not sure how, but I am not one to complain, sense pve fps are still very fresh to me. Anyways the stats are identical to campaign armor of that variation. Should I be doing level 55 hardmode fps then, or stick to the 50 hardmode fps?

MichelvanMeerten
05.15.2013 , 03:46 PM | #2
As i dont pvp I can tell you 1 thing. I hate people in a FP wearing full PvP gear and thinking they can own shiz there. PvP with PvP gear and PvE with PvE gear. That said if you have 55 pvp gear it shouldnt be to much problem doing decent dps in FP. Operations however is a different matter. One I will not get into knowing I will enrage half the forum here.

Memo-
05.16.2013 , 07:46 AM | #3
Disregard what the poster above said, he has no clue. :P

Yes, in one post-2.0 patch all War Hero and Elite War Hero gear (bar relics) was changed to contain no expertise, so 61 pvp became 61 pve and so forth. You can easilly run 55 HM FP's with a mix of 61 and 63, if you know your class and the instance - might be good to try them with a guild group first. 50 HM FP's drop 61 gear, and lv50 HM Operations drop 63 - if you want to get them before proceeding forward.

55 HM FP's drop 69 gear, which is the second-to-best tier at the moment. 72 drops in HM 55 Operations. There is also a midway gear set, 66 (lv 53) that you can get for Basic Commendations, which in turn you get by running Makeb quests.

You could probably run the lv55 SM Operations (Darvannis & Asation) without breaking a sweat in 61/63 as well.

And, finally: wearing PvP-gear in PvE-instances isn't an instant no-no. Before 2.0, if someone rolled in full min-maxed Elite War Hero, he would do much, MUCH, better than someone in stock Black Hole. If you know what you're doing with your class AND your gear, there isn't any reason why you couldn't go to S&V HM in PvP-gear. Of course, a min-maxed PvE-set will always be better, but the point here is that stock-pieces are always horrid.
    Delarah - Sentinel | Luccia - Sage | Ethawn - ScoundrelStilva - Vanguard | Tenori - Guardian | Weimar - Shadow 
 Maliris - Sniper | Jauhe - Marauder | Všli - PTFaris - Merc | Sopraano - Assa | Rai'chu - Sorc
The Lihavuori Legacy | <Lice-Ridden Banthas><Bantha's Backside> | Tomb of Freedon Nadd