Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow/Assassin Optimal Rotation Analysis

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Shadow/Assassin Optimal Rotation Analysis

dipstik
12.19.2012 , 01:39 PM | #21
what about force breach?

Kitru
12.19.2012 , 02:06 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
what about force breach?
You use Force Breach on or close to CD to maintain the debuff. It's mentioned in KeyboardNinja's post alongside Kinetic Ward upkeep. It's cheap and on a long CD, so it doesn't really come up much (and I actually tend to use it only while Slow Time and Project are on CD since there's a 3 second overlap between Force Breach's CD coming up and the debuff falling off).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

oleost
01.24.2013 , 10:49 PM | #23
One other thing to factor in with the trash-less combination is that you can remove 1 skill point from "Particle Acceleration" and put 1 more skill in "Expertise" So you get a boost from 3% extra damage to 6% damage.

Since I guess the "Focused Insight" isnt any point in putting any points in as tanking specced since you dont have much periodic damaging abbilties?

Omophorus
01.24.2013 , 11:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by oleost View Post
One other thing to factor in with the trash-less combination is that you can remove 1 skill point from "Particle Acceleration" and put 1 more skill in "Expertise" So you get a boost from 3% extra damage to 6% damage.

Since I guess the "Focused Insight" isnt any point in putting any points in as tanking specced since you dont have much periodic damaging abbilties?
Particle Acceleration/Energize is still a better alternative to Expertise/Electric Execution, because the lightsaber charge in tank stance does squat for damage, and you WILL wind up occasionally using Thrash, Lacerate, and certainly Assassinate in the normal course of tanking.

And no, there's absolutely no point in deviating from the standard 10 points in the Balance/Madness tree.
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

DarthSpekulatius
05.16.2013 , 01:45 AM | #25
ah sry wrong thread

grufftech
05.21.2013 , 04:27 PM | #26
Has this changed any with the release of 2.0/2.1?
Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

Kitru
05.21.2013 , 04:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by grufftech View Post
Has this changed any with the release of 2.0/2.1?
Yes. The cost reduction on Project and the ability to shield F/T + K/E attacks along with the cost reduction and increased CD on Slow Time means that Shadows have a *lot* more Force than before. As such, you'll have plenty of Force to use on Double Strike and Shadow Strike (w/ Shadow Wrap), which are great because they increase your damage/threat *and* will speed up your Project use thanks to the PA CD reset.

Your best priority is going to be Force Breach (for Debuff)>TkT w/ HSx3>Slow Time>Project>Shadow Strike w/ SW>Double Strike>Saber Strike. Depending on your personal preference, Spinning Strike should either be right after Force Breach or right before Shadow Strike. I put Spinning Strike after FB since it has an almost negligible effect on my self healing while providing a substantial increase to my damage/threat.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Gnimish
05.22.2013 , 02:35 PM | #28
Kitru just wanted to say thanks. Iv read lots of your posts and threads and seems like i can always take something away that makes me better. So Thanks