Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PVP Tank Gearing in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
PVP Tank Gearing in 2.0

steave's Avatar


steave
04.30.2013 , 10:28 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by NotoriousJay View Post
Are these still the ideal stats for PvP? I'm curious as to whether or not these have changed along with the PvE stats.
The PVE stats changed due to getting data on S&V HM. That has no impact on PVP.

chompi's Avatar


chompi
05.02.2013 , 12:03 AM | #32
Hello

I am a shadow tank who playes both pve and pvp.

When it comes to pve and i need to choose between endurance and mitigation, there is not much doubt for me that i choose mitigation. So in pve gear full 69 augmented i'm standing around 2100 points and around 37.5 k hp. Until i can further optimize.

In pvp gear full partizan not augmented i am standing around 1200 points with 2018 expertise. What i wonder do i choose the same path like in pve or i stack endurance with the new purple 66 augments what will bring me above 39k hp.

Would love to have your opinion on this subject.

And KBN , me and the rest of the tanks in our guild very thankful for your efforts and appreciated it a lot.

Zoom_VI's Avatar


Zoom_VI
05.02.2013 , 04:19 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRampage View Post
so, you saying conqeror with absorb and conqueror with def is no no, but if one of them is arkanian or underworld, than it is working?
No no no
Both the defense and absorb relic regardless of PvP or pve , conq or partisan will stack together they do not share a icd but they proc from different effects

All pve relics do not work at all in PvP - they will never proc in any PvP zone

Conq + partisan if the same exact type will stack but not double partisan or double conq

For tanks having two relics that boost the same stat is detrimental even with separate ICDs
Because unlike power relic defense and absorb relics are effected by deminishing returns, Ex: if two absorb relics proc at the same time the second relic's boost is wasted because of how far your absorb rating is pushed into the DR curve
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
"the most intersting PvPer on the server..."

TheRampage's Avatar


TheRampage
05.03.2013 , 10:55 AM | #34
Just to clarify myself - I'm using conqueror with absorb and arcanian with def - they dont share CD, they pop randomly, sometimes one after another, sometimes both in virtualy the same time.
Raph‚el - Vanguard
Cŗstiel - Mercenary

Zoom_VI's Avatar


Zoom_VI
05.06.2013 , 03:28 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRampage View Post
Just to clarify myself - I'm using conqueror with absorb and arcanian with def - they dont share CD, they pop randomly, sometimes one after another, sometimes both in virtualy the same time.
Step away from the arkanian relic, those relics are a trick
ALL PVE relics will NOT proc in PvP combat. EVER
Just read the discription it clearly states that it will not procs in PvP

Also if you read those descriptions you will notice that they proc from different sources
Def procs from being attacked
Absorb procs from shielding an attack

If you have a DoT on you that dot might proc your def relic because it is attacking you, however it will not proc the absorb relic because dots are not shield able.
Def and absorb relics can be active at same time however this is unlikely in PvP situations due to the nature of defensive stats in PvP.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
"the most intersting PvPer on the server..."

TheRampage's Avatar


TheRampage
05.06.2013 , 05:35 PM | #36
Oh, I dont use that in PVP, just in pve

In pvp i use partisian + conqueror. This is my set for pvp.
Raph‚el - Vanguard
Cŗstiel - Mercenary

Mordarion's Avatar


Mordarion
05.16.2013 , 01:27 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRampage View Post
Oh, I dont use that in PVP, just in pve

In pvp i use partisian + conqueror. This is my set for pvp.
But which relics specifically?

My alt is a shadow tank and I basically PvP full time but I am learning what gear is best so any help is appreciated .
THE RELENTLESS
- JEDI GUARDIAN | JEDI SHADOW -

- Guild Website -

syneti's Avatar


syneti
10.02.2013 , 06:14 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
If you have a DoT on you that dot might proc your def relic because it is attacking you, however it will not proc the absorb relic because dots are not shield able.
Def and absorb relics can be active at same time however this is unlikely in PvP situations due to the nature of defensive stats in PvP.
Ok I know this is a dead thread, but just wanted to point out you actually do shield dots and can block them. This was one of the changes in 2.0 which is why in pve shield absorb was more beneficial because you can now shield all forms of damage.

Zoom_VI's Avatar


Zoom_VI
10.03.2013 , 09:46 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by syneti View Post
Ok I know this is a dead thread, but just wanted to point out you actually do shield dots and can block them. This was one of the changes in 2.0 which is why in pve shield absorb was more beneficial because you can now shield all forms of damage.
Actually not quite, shield can now shield all kinetic and energy attacks. The vast majority of dots in pvp are internal or elemental dots. (there are exceptions, but the majority of the hard hitting ones are I/e)
So for practical purposes you can assume that you can't shield dots.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
"the most intersting PvPer on the server..."

Pilgrim_Grey's Avatar


Pilgrim_Grey
10.29.2013 , 08:58 PM | #40
Anyone have thoughts on preferable relics for PVP? I figured the defense proc is a no brainer, but I was thinking the proc that gives you an absorb shield would be preferable to the one that gives you extra absorb AFTER you shield an attack. But maybe I'm thinking about how it would work out worse. I basically see the one as a guaranteed amount of damage being absorbed if I'm getting hit, whereas a higher absorb rating means I have to shield the next few attacks to get something out of it.

Now, the fortunate redoubt relic (think that's the one that gives you a small shield) only procs every 40 seconds, so maybe that's too much of a drawback? I'd appreciate any thoughts people had.