[Agent] Need help making a choice on Taris

SW_display_name

I just reached the point on Taris where SIS agent Chance activated my brainwashing to force me to come help him at the hospital. However, he collapsed before he could finish giving the order to save his life.

I take my convo choices as I level a character very seriously; correctly RP'ing my way through the plot is part of the core gameplay for my leveling characters. However, the game constrains you sometimes, making it impossible to stay truly in-character.

Here is my dilemma:

• My Agent has been [Flirting] with Chance since this began, waiting for an opportunity to lull him into a false sense of security and then murder him for revenge.
  • Now she has an opportunity to let him die, but Chance is not conscious. So if my Agent simply lets him die, he will never know she betrayed him.
  • Since she's a pathological sociopath, this means she would gain no pleasure from it — her victims have to be aware of what's happening to provide a pay-off to her betrayals.

The in-character solution is to save Chance right now, both to maintain her cover identity and to provide an opportunity to kill him "properly" at a later time.

This leads to my question: If I save Chance on Taris, will I get an opportunity to kill him again later in the story?

No, you don't. You get an email from him if you save him, but he is effectively out of the game.

In the final mission of act 2, though

You can spare any of the team, and they will make a comeback later on. Or you can kill them outright, seems to be your style.

I'm pretty sure he is aware of what you did if you let him die. At least that's what I remember.

"Can't say it Chance, can you?" :)

Yes, that was very ironic.

He was silent, eyes-closed, looked positively comatose in the "freeze frame" where it was waiting for my input. Then, after waiting 15 minutes for a forum response because I didn't want him to die unconscious... he responds to me as I walk off, wheezing out a last gasp for help. :p

Still, I've had so many convos where I pick the "wrong" thing, the scene suddenly ends and the Mission Complete pop-up happens and I can't go back and fix it... I'm willing to be overcautious sometimes!

And I'd rather not add up how many hours I've spent "Reset"-ing massive chains of events just to fix one dialogue choice... :p

I like seeing threads like this, good to know there's others like me that make sure every response is absolutely perfect. I presume you like to record your cutscenes as well?
I would, but my computer can barely run SWTOR on dirt-minimum settings, attempting to record anything would probably cause the CPU to immediately burst into flames. :( Edited by SW_display_name