Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no acknowledgement of overpowered heals?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why no acknowledgement of overpowered heals?

MajinUltima
05.15.2013 , 01:09 PM | #1
Healers have completely dominated PVP since ~1.2 or 1.3 (not so much Commando/Merc).

Any PVP is a damn nightmare right now. Premades stack heavy healers and win by virtue of healing being completely overpowered, causing a lot of misplaced complaining about premades. Healing outstrips damage by a MINIMUM of 2:1, often 3:1. This is just a simple fact. The occssional high damage numbers are almost exclusively AOE inflation and people being ignored in vain attempts to kill nearby healers.

This completely ruins all Warzones, except Huttball where positioning and high ground control are a bigger factor than straight confrontations, usually.

Civil War and Novare - Get ANY minor advantage and auto-win. Once the healer-heavy team establishes a 2-cap, winning becomes impossible for the other team. There is literally no way, barring the healer team simply not watching the turret, for the other team to turn the game around. Everything dies so slowly such that, even if you COULD win the engagement... respawning healers prevent any chance of doing so.

Voidstar - Turtle the first doors with your unkillable team. Again, as long as the door is not simply left empty, there is no way for the attacking team to down the door.

Hypergates - With the trend in play, as long as your pylon isn't sniped, the healing team will win. They can easily get more kills and orbs due to dominating victories in midfield. There is again literally no way to turn the match around unless they just leave their pylon empty.

The PVP of this game used to be fun... USED TO BE. I love this game, and the warzones. But, with patch after patch of healers being completely unbeatably dominant, I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to play or keep a sub active.

It's like they want to ruin every enjoyable aspect of the game systematically just to make sure it dies off completely and generates no more revenue.

Ashuranrx
05.15.2013 , 01:21 PM | #2
Not true. Heals and damage are balanced. I had games where the opposing team has 3 healers and 1 tank and 4 DPS, and my team has 7 DPS and 1 tank, and we completely obliterated the opposing team because our DPS were superb.

If you lose a game to healers that means the DPS on your team was badly lacking.

Contrary to popular belief, playing a good DPS is just as hard as playing a good tank or a good healer. Carnage Marauder is the best healer killing spec, yet how often do you see Carnage in WZs? And how often you see a good Carnage in WZs?

Part of playing a good DPS is to learn how to focus fire, but most people don't do it. Heals are not OP, just that DPS need to learn to play better.

MajinUltima
05.15.2013 , 01:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashuranrx View Post
Part of playing a good DPS is to learn how to focus fire, but most people don't do it. Heals are not OP, just that DPS need to learn to play better.
That's just not the case, if you're killing healers, it's often because THEY are playing badly or not evasively enough, especially Scoundrel/Operative whose probe/medpac FAR outdoes mobile damage of all ranged specs and many melee specs. If all you're doing is chasing a healer who is constantly running, LOSing, etc, then you aren't doing damage or taking objectives, which means you aren't achieving anything productive.

The worst part is, it isn't even optional. If you chase them, you're not achieving anything. If you DON'T chase them, they freecast. It's a literal lose-lose situation that becomes worse the more players are involved.

A sniper or marauder can theoretically stack enough cooldowns and burst abilities to take one down, but that's a completely inane way to justify healing as "balanced". "Well 2 of the 18 dps specs in the game could theoretically burst down a healer with no cooldowns of their own who sits there and takes it, so healing is balanced." Completely insane.

Stacked healers makes things more difficult. Have 2-3 people chasing 1 healer, and said healer is themself being healed extensively by the other un-focused healers.

Warzone results consistently show healers above dps, often by very large margins. What people overlook is that dps values are INFLATED by a lot of wasted cleaves, AOEs, DOTs, that never endanger someone and don't kill anyone and are easily meditated off. It's VERY easy to spam Corrosive Grenades and Shrap Bombs to inflate damage numbers while achieving nothing whatsoever.

Healing, however, is UNDERstated in the results, where overhealing and unused absorbs aren't included. This actually means that the true output of healers is even HIGHER than results typically reflect. So not only is it mathematically FAR easier to achieve high healing numbers, those numbers are actually understated, whereas a lot of damage numbers are inflated and overstated. The margin between healing and dps is considerably higher than scorescreens will ever reflect. If you see 1 million healing to 500k damage, the true discrepancy is more like 1.2 million to 400k, or even wider.

This is a simple observerable mathematical fact.

Zajfien
05.15.2013 , 01:45 PM | #4
Sound like another im goin to cry cuz i cant jist easy kill the healer...
omg healer isnt insta dead... op.. op.. op... nerf.. boohooo

LaVall
05.15.2013 , 01:49 PM | #5
A typical warzone for my operative these days is 250k damage (just from using orbital strike on the node on cooldown), taking 500k damage, 0 deaths, and 1.5 million in healing. The match is usually 20+ minutes long because nobody on either team dies. Yeah, healing isn't OP right now at all
Ardevall - 55 Combat Sentinel
Lamissa - 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Nyemrite - 55 Madness Sorcerer
Ultanum - 55 Vengeance Juggernaut

Natharon
05.15.2013 , 01:55 PM | #6
This metrosexual is right! Whenever a team brings a healer into a warzone they gain a near insurmountable advantage! Especially if the other team does not have one!
♠The Natharon Legacy♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<WAR>

Zajfien
05.15.2013 , 01:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVall View Post
A typical warzone for my operative these days is 250k damage (just from using orbital strike on the node on cooldown), taking 500k damage, 0 deaths, and 1.5 million in healing. The match is usually 20+ minutes long because nobody on either team dies. Yeah, healing isn't OP right now at all
If thats all you are takin for dmg the other team isnt doin their job. I want in some those.

Natharon
05.15.2013 , 01:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinUltima View Post
A sniper or marauder can theoretically stack enough cooldowns and burst abilities to take one down, but that's a completely inane way to justify healing as "balanced".
This is a simple observerable mathematical fact.
So if 1 player could in theory kill a healer who is doing everything he can to stay alive with everything he can to kill that healer, that isn't balanced?

You are right the post was inane.
♠The Natharon Legacy♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<WAR>

LaVall
05.15.2013 , 01:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zajfien View Post
If thats all you are takin for dmg the other team isnt doin their job. I want in some those.
Well the damage is nicely split between me and the other 2 healers.
Ardevall - 55 Combat Sentinel
Lamissa - 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Nyemrite - 55 Madness Sorcerer
Ultanum - 55 Vengeance Juggernaut

Zajfien
05.15.2013 , 02:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVall View Post
Well the damage is nicely split between me and the other 2 healers.
nice. I love team heals. Watch my back i'll watch yours