Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stat priority/soft caps

ArchangelLBC
05.15.2013 , 01:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
with all 4 buffs, ive got 2309 aim, which gives 461.7 bonus damage. 461.7/2309 =.2

i dont think the 9% changes the amount of bonus damage per point of aim; its locked in at .2
however, the 9% talent and 5% buff change the amount each aug gives. so 32 aim is actually 32*1.14 = 36.48 which is 36.48*.2 = 7.296 bonus damage per aug. 14 augs = 102.14
vs overkill which gives 32*.23 = 7.36 bonus damage per aug. 14 augs = 103.04

basically the same i guess, like you said. hmm, seems i have wasted a significant amount of creds. bummer lol

edit: durr i did different math but got the same numbers as you rofl

Yeah I phrased that poorly. Effectively every stat point of aim you get adds .228 Bonus Damage. This is because every point of aim you add is actually 1.14 points of aim from having the sage buff and talent. You are correct that you still get .2 Bonus damage per point of aim.

Your final conclusions are correct though =) As you see, considering every point of aim from gear as .228 bonus damage, while not factually quite accurate, is nevertheless useful for these kinds of calculations (basically you skip the step of figuring out how much aim you actually have).

Anyway, my bad on being a bit unclear on how I phrased it. I've just been thinking 1 aim = .228 bonus damage from so long for practicality that I just kind of rattled that off.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn
05.22.2013 , 10:27 PM | #22
just if anyone is wondering, with a full set of 32/20 aim augs, my crit increased 1.3%. i really hate this new DR........
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Sylvane
05.23.2013 , 02:27 PM | #23
In BiS gear you want 3327 aim, 395 accuracy rating, 395 surge rating, 0 crit/alacrity rating, and 1423 power for the optimal set up.
JC
Sylvand-(Mando)<RG> / «ommander(Merc) <COBRA>
Sylvane-(Sorcerer) <COBRA>
Xšmot-(Jugg) <IBG>
Brohawk-(Sentinel)<RG> / Monkťy-(Marauder)<N2G>

cashogy_reborn
05.23.2013 , 05:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylvane View Post
In BiS gear you want 3327 aim, 395 accuracy rating, 395 surge rating, 0 crit/alacrity rating, and 1423 power for the optimal set up.
for PvE. PvP is different.

ive tried replacing 2 sets of power/surge mod/enh for crit/surge. moved my crit from 21.xx to 24.xx and my power from 755 to 719. could just be placebo effect, but i *felt* like i was getting better burst in PvP. maybe im crazy. sucks having such low crit, no crit = no burst.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Sylvane
05.23.2013 , 08:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
for PvE. PvP is different.

ive tried replacing 2 sets of power/surge mod/enh for crit/surge. moved my crit from 21.xx to 24.xx and my power from 755 to 719. could just be placebo effect, but i *felt* like i was getting better burst in PvP. maybe im crazy. sucks having such low crit, no crit = no burst.
Yeah i didnt see the pvp part that was my bad, wasnt paying attention.
JC
Sylvand-(Mando)<RG> / «ommander(Merc) <COBRA>
Sylvane-(Sorcerer) <COBRA>
Xšmot-(Jugg) <IBG>
Brohawk-(Sentinel)<RG> / Monkťy-(Marauder)<N2G>