Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bloodthirst needs a Global Cooldown

sithaztec
05.15.2013 , 07:41 AM | #11
This complaint feels like it should be in the PVP forum, where every class is OP and stuns are impossible to break.

wainot-keel
05.15.2013 , 08:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
It's not the point that you can't clear content without maras. The point is groups are rewarded for bringing 4 of the same exact class and there is nothing to discourage them.

And some of the above posts are very wrong, bloodthirst is a 15% increase to dps and healing for 15 seconds with a 5 min cooldown. I also specified operations which has 8 people, presumably 2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 dps.
Also, an operation group could be rewarded by bringing 4 snipers and 2 operatives heals for total of 6 Orbital Strikes every minute. That thing does obscene damage to everything. Who cares if you make your group like that ?

The_Rye_Guy
05.15.2013 , 08:52 AM | #13
In an Operations setting, Marauders are superior to every other melee dps. You are actually rewarded for having all of your melee dps being Marauders. Class balance should be rewarded not punished.
Boat - Operative, Healer
Yacht - Operative, Healer
Ryeguy - Sith Marauder

Lostpenguins
05.15.2013 , 09:00 AM | #14
Okay, Marauder 1 I want you to CC Flame, Marauder 2 CC Gun, Marauder 3 CC Shield, Marauder 4 CC Lightning...

Oh wait...

The_Rye_Guy
05.15.2013 , 09:02 AM | #15
Because trash is hard right?
Boat - Operative, Healer
Yacht - Operative, Healer
Ryeguy - Sith Marauder

sithaztec
05.15.2013 , 09:16 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Rye_Guy View Post
It actually is in the HM, NiM Ops runs.

Korse
05.15.2013 , 09:21 AM | #17
This thread is akin to something I've been posting about for months. Marauder is easily the dominant melee class. I cannot think of a single fight where you cannot take 4 marauders who have an ungodly amount of cooldowns, most noticeably being able to roll Bloodthirst with 20% uptime.

What advantage can you think of to bringing any of the other melee dps classes?

Powertechs have... Pull, Taunt, and Stealth Scan -- lose
Operatives have Vanish, Cleanse (Tech/Physical), Infiltrate, Exfiltrate -- lose
Assassins can Vanish, Taunt, Phasewalk, Overcharge Saber, Force Speed -- lose
Juggernauts have Taunt, Push, Intercede -- lose

Korse
05.15.2013 , 09:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sithaztec View Post
It actually is in the HM, NiM Ops runs.
If trash is hard for you, you probably need as many bloodthirsts as possible. This thread is more about class balance and less about crutches.

Grimsblood
05.15.2013 , 09:40 AM | #19
For some odd reason I feel the need to reply........but I know I shouldn't because a lot of people are ignorant and the trolls will come out. However, I just can't resist...................

If you are in an 8 man operation and you bring 4 Marauders, you are going to nerf the bejesus out of their damage if you think you will roll Bloodthirst/Inspiration back to back. No Centering/Fury build up --> No Forced Crits --> Damage loss.

Now let's move on to something else, if we are going to go the OP route and wonder why we don't stack a specific class we should look at Slingers/Snipers. See, if you run 4 Slingers/Snipers in FULL Engineering/Saboteur you will do MORE damage then marauders on any medium to large boss. Not to mention.....trash is a friggin joke. Heh, the other night in 16 man HM TFB I had about 16k dps on a trash pull..............please match that with bloodthirst. Oh yeah, on a training dummy I sustain 3.2k dps without breaking a sweat or trying to time things perfectly.....or even getting lucky.

How about the benefits of bringing all ranged dps? Don't you think that outweighs the melee? Oh yeah and you can't forget the shield that gives a flat 20% damage reduction for all underneath it...............

TL;DR OP........you are ignorant to think that Bloodthirst is the only reason to bring and damage class to a raid. You should look into other classes and ACTUALLY understand how they function and what damage they do. Raids are all about balance and individual performance.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

Lostpenguins
05.15.2013 , 09:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Rye_Guy View Post
Because bosses are hard? And from our healers P.O.V - the trash is harder in S&V then the bosses. We've downed HM S&V w/out marauders, so clearly Marauders are not needed.

However, I do agree that Marauders bring the most utility for a melee dps class, but the other 3 melee classes bring the utility of being able to respec to another role... something a Marauder cannot do.
Quote: Originally Posted by Korse View Post
If trash is hard for you, you probably need as many bloodthirsts as possible. This thread is more about class balance and less about crutches.
I'm cool with all the dps classes doing comparable dps (that's the way it should be). But it isn't fair to demand more dps utility for any of the other melee dps classes when Marauders cannot respec into another roll (if it's needed).
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
If you are in an 8 man operation and you bring 4 Marauders, you are going to nerf the bejesus out of their damage if you think you will roll Bloodthirst/Inspiration back to back. No Centering/Fury build up --> No Forced Crits --> Damage loss.
Not true. The first one is the only one hurt by that. The 2nd through 4th can use BT at 30 stacks of fury and then pop Frenzy-Berserk. That's what we've done in our raids when we have 2 Marauders.