The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I just had a run in SM Cademimu with a level 30 Marauder who was mysteriously squishy for a Marauder. He had 2000 (!) less Health than the Sorcerer that was 4 levels below him.

At first he kept Needing all the Cunning pieces that dropped, annoying me immensely (healing as Operative), but I was like "okay w/e" because after a weekend full of non-stop ninjas with horrible excuses, I was too tired to get into an argument.

So I inspected him after awhile, expecting to see he was wearing all green Cunning gear or something and that would explain his terrible DPS and very low Health. Instead, he was wearing full Strength gear... but it was all level 19 or lower, a mix of blues / oranges from Hammer Station and questing greens from Dromund Kaas.

At the Wookiee boss, a pair of level 30 Medium Strength leggings dropped. I was feeling exasperated and michievous, so I Needed on the Strength pants as a tît-for-tat statement. To my :confused:, he Passed on the Strength leggings. After Needing every Cunning drop until that point. Wait... what?

I mentioned this in pchat and he explained "Mine are better". I then tried to Trade him the level 30 Strength leggings, explaining they were much better than the level 19 blue legs he was wearing. He refused to believe me, adamantly insisting his level 19 blue was superior, and kept refusing the trade window until I gave up.

Along the way to Ortal, a level 30 Cunning earpiece dropped. He Needed it immediately, and won it. :(

But at the last boss, a level 30 Strength saber and a level 30 Strength... chest or something, dropped. He Passed on both. I tried to suggest they were upgrades (level 19 lightsaber in both hands, level 19 gear everywhere else) and he again refused, telling me to "leave him alone".

It was a surreal experience.

The one that got me this weekend went like this. Running one if the FPs, I forget now which one, and our healer has to drop shortly after the start. A pain but sith happens so we que to replace and get another healer right away. Shortly after he catches up we start moving again when someone tags me with the blue shield target, presumably to have an easier time following the tank. I grouse about it to my friend who was in group and vent with me. So me says in group to please remove shield icon from the tank as its interfering with my view of the fights. Shortly the icon disappears and we figure all us good. Until the new healer posts "well if your gonna whine about it!". Causing my reply of "Excuse me?".

His answer "That's right! I called you a pu**y!".

So as the vote kick started I said "bye" and he replied

" Go ahead! As a medic I get instant pops!".

"Not with us." I said as the vote kick booted him.

Our next medic was awesome and the run went great from that point on.

vanguard dps that use full auto

l o l

To be fair, since "Full Auto" is a channeled attack it is actually good to use when in high regen and other abiites are on cooldown as it will basically cost you zero ammo at the end of the cast (and in some cases you will have more than when you started the channel).

NOTE: Not defending it's use at 30m range ;). Just clarifying that a VG that uses it is not necessariy bad. :)

I had a kid who was main tank and I was dps, he told me through /wisper to initiate the next pull and then he would mass taunt. I thought nothing of it and pulled. he stood there didn't taunt and let me die and then told the group I was an idiot and called a vote to kick me. It was obvious he orchestrated the whole thing just to get rid of me but i have no idea why. I didn't even bother trying to explain to the team because they were also semi retarded and I no longer wanted to be in that group. they kicked me and before the countdown went off I pulled a big group again so they could wipe one more time for their stupidity.

what is this?....... I dont even.......

I've got quite a few, and since I've done just about every class and role at some point, I've seen a lot.

For example:

:sy_lightside: On my Merc (ordinarily DPS, but I know how to heal too), I was grouped as a healer and one of the DPS asked me not to heal her because she didn't like all the green stuff getting on her clothes

:sy_lightside: A Scrapper Scoundrel who charged into combat with no armor on, not stealthed, after typing various silly battlecries (Directive 7 NM, IIRC). Died in every single pull. (Technically, this was a pre-GF PUG)

:sy_lightside: An Assassin tank who wouldn't guard my Op healer, a Twi'lek, because she was a "filthy alien". I didn't ask for one, he just felt the need to announce it.

:sy_lightside: On my first HM on my Jugg tank, there was a fairly well-geared smash marauder in the group who would randomly AFK for 5-10 min at a time, then inexplicably leap into the middle of a pull and kill everything, wash, rinse, and repeat, all without saying a word.

:sy_lightside: This is a catch-all, but there are a number of people who seem to want to ERP with my Sorc healer, and want to spend the better part of the FP propositioning me in whispers.

I had a kid who was main tank and I was dps, he told me through /wisper to initiate the next pull and then he would mass taunt. I thought nothing of it and pulled. he stood there didn't taunt and let me die and then told the group I was an idiot and called a vote to kick me. It was obvious he orchestrated the whole thing just to get rid of me but i have no idea why. ...

Wow. Just wow. Just reading about this, even though it didn't happen to me, raises my hackles and makes me a bit angry.

This moves beyond rudeness into something else entirely.

one just now before logging out: directive 7. approaching the gate of the factory i ask: bonus? a guy says yes..so i move near the first comm-whatever and wait for my group. the mighty tank simplly runs in the first pull at the entrance without giving use a single look and wipes before i can get to him. then leaves.

:sy_lightside: On my Merc (ordinarily DPS, but I know how to heal too), I was grouped as a healer and one of the DPS asked me not to heal her because she didn't like all the green stuff getting on her clothes

Oh my gods! That is so awesome. Thank you so much for sharing that. From now on, I'm going to do the same in every flashpoint I join from now on.

Yesterday in Colicoid war-game FP on my sniper.

We cleared first phase, and proceed down the tunnel where the first 4 droids are. 2nd dps turned on the dps droid lying near with scavenging (or was it slicing - i dunno). We ccd one droid and proceed to kill other but the tanks hp seemed to be going down slowly but constantly (he was 42 and good geared for that flashpoint), he used his cooldowns and started shouting for heals but fell dead short after - we killed the droids anyway and heres what healer said :

"I'm sorry, i was healing the droid, he is nice dps."

But the thing i see more often and bothers me alot on my tank are healers equipped with old Recruit level pvp gear in 55 HM's. Sigh...

To be honest, using force lightning while tanking still feels EXTREMELY weird to me and I dislike using it. It's almost the same for me with ravage, or if you want to take a WoW reference, when my warrior's slam was a .5 second cast. Using a casted ability on a melee class just feels _awkward_.

I've been forcing myself to FL on a 3stack as much as I can, but in 4man HM's you really, really don't need to use an optimal rotation to hold threat, and I wouldn't expect someone to either. As long as you're doing your job fairly well, I really don't care what buttons you press in what order.

Back to OT: Today I got a group of 3 sorcs (I was on my 'sin tanking). All 3 were specced lightning, and all 3 were off healing me whenever I got to half health or so. Was an extremely fun group actually. Massive amounts of aoe on the field and silly single target meant we downed everything extremely quickly with barely any need to heal, save for bosses. Honestly, watching 3 thundering blasts hit something at once is just funny.

But the thing i see more often and bothers me alot on my tank are healers equipped with old Recruit level pvp gear in 55 HM's. Sigh...

Hey now, I'm not gonna lie, my 55 sin tank just got a replacement for her recruit earpiece in a 55HM. Only piece I had that needed replacing still, mind you, but I believe I still had it because I kept getting better stuff needed off me by dps/healers.

Edited by CyberTronX

I was GF'd twice with a particular Mara on JC who would run with a perpetual stack of 30 Fury. After the 2nd time, he was added to my ignore list on all my toons.

Did he happen to be in Carnage spec?

two weeks ago I was playing my 20something sorc healer in a FP.

we killed something and it dropped a customizable chest piece (looks like the ones agents wear on the creation screen). Our Jugg tank "needs" on it (didn't matter, no one in the group used cunning), equips it as is, and continues on to the main boss.

by some miracle, i kept him and the group alive. i rechecked him before we broke, and it was still all cunning and no strength

Ah, just remembered one of my favorites:

I tanked a run of SM Boarding Party about a month ago on my Powertech. There was another Powertech in the group, queued as Damage. Pyrotech spec.

I noticed I was having an impossible time holding aggro — no matter what I did, this PT DPS would rip it off within seconds. I've never had trouble holding aggro before, ever! What's going on?? I checked my Cylinder... nope, Ion Gas, I didn't mess up.

So I noticed Combustible Gas on the targets — maybe PT Pyro DPS was made overpowered in 2.0? Maybe Combustible Gas is bugged and doing insane damage or something?

I started paying more attention to this PT Pyro DPS, trying to figure out what was going on. I noticed she never entered melee range, never even 10 meter range. The entire run, she literally did not fire a single Flame Burst or Rocket Punch. Instead, she stood at 30 meters and fired Unload on cooldown and filled with Rapid Shots and Missile Blasts.

That should be pretty bad DPS output, right? So why is she ripping threat off me?

I noticed she kept irritatingly Grappling all my targets over to her. At first I thought she was just being a lazy DPS, getting them into range for her close-range attacks. But then I checked the log and realized her Rocket Punch / Flame Burst total was exactly zero. Why was she Grappling stuff off me if she wasn't even using close-range attacks??

What I eventually realized was that she was standing at 30 meters and literally just pressing every single button that lit up.

Meaning, her Powertech Pyro "rotation" consisted of:

• Unload on cooldown
  • Explosive Dart on cooldown (breaking CC constantly)
  • Flame Thrower on cooldown (despite not hitting anything with it, and cancelling the channel immediately)
  • Energy Shield on cooldown (despite not being attacked)
  • Kolto Overload on cooldown (despite not being attacked)
  • Hydraulic Overrides on cooldown (for no reason, because it lit up)
  • Chaff Flare on cooldown (even when not aggro'd, because it lit up)
  • Grapple on cooldown
  • Neural Dart (taunt) on cooldown
  • AoE taunt on cooldown
  • Missile Blast until she overheated

It was... indescribable to watch. It remains one of the most absolutely bizarre things I have ever seen in Group Finder.

I did a pug EV a little while ago, on my assassin tank. Got to Gharj without trouble even though we had a lot of first-timers. But now, when I was starting to explain the tactics, 1 dps (probably accidentally) aggroed the boss. The other tank was there for the first time and had 7k less hp, so I thought that okay, I'll tank this. I tanked the boss to face away from the group while 1 of the healers gave a really fast overview on the fight, mostly just "when the platform starts to sink, move to the next one". Platform started to sink. We moved. Expect the offtank.

Okay, everybody does mistakes, I thought. He got a combat-revive and was back at the fight - and I really fast learned to hope that he wasn't. Suddenly, boss turned to face the ops group. I had a little ***-moment, we didn't have any ridicously great-geared dps and I had guarded the one that was best-geared, how did I lose aggro? But soon I noticed the little taunt icon on the boss - and it wasn't my taunt. The offtank, who was standing with the dps, had taunted the boss. I taunted it back and told him not to taunt the boss to face the ops group. But he kept doing it. He was told by other people to stop doing it. He still kept doing it. Actually, one time, I was tanking the boss to face away and he taunted. I taunted the boss back. Then he aoe taunted, and I had to aoe taunt to get the boss to face the right direction. It was like the boss had a new mechanic, a minion who kept forcing the boss to attack the group.

We ended up losing some of our dps (not sure if it was because of this tank or because they didn't know the tactics or what, I was kind of busy to pay attention to where our dps lost their hp the most) and the boss enraged when he had something like 5% hp.

Had myself an interesting run of Mandalorian Raiders HM on my Shadow tank earlier this afternoon.

Shadows seem a bit squishy on 2.0, at least compared to the Guardian, so I tend to pull a bit more carefully and with more generous use of cooldowns. We had a DPS dropping out at the start, nothing unusual, and clearing the way proceeded as it normally would. Along the way our healer started asking to be guarded - a request I generally don't pay attention to. In hard modes I prefer to keep aggro on myself and with only a 66 hilt I therefore guard the hardest hitting DPS.

So we come up on one of the nastier pulls. The one where you go through a door, a strong mob will come running at you (which can be pulled separately), and the mobs on the next pull will spawn adds from a blast door on the left. Much as it usually happens, a DPS manages to pull both the running strong mob and the group behind. I AoE taunt, pop Deflection, throw Slow Time and proceed to spam Force Breach and Whirling Blow. I die. Afterwards our healer tells us she won't be healing me until she's guarded. Sounding an awful lot like an ultimatum effectively holding the party hostage until she gets her way. I simply reply that I won't be guarding a healer in a 55 HM.

I try the pull again, pretty much same approach. Now guarding the 31k HP Sentinel that joined us as a replacement for the dropout from earlier. Receiving no heals whatsoever. The inevitable vote kick of the healer fails, leaving me no choice but to abandon the run and sticking the healer and both DPS on ignore.

I wonder what might have happened had I kept at it until the first boss, Braxx the Bloodhound...

Worst one I ran accros recently was in a GF run of athiss hm. Before we even starting the flashpoint the tank asked us to votekick him because he didn't like athiss, but didn't want to get the 15 min lockout you get by leaving a group at the start...

Leveling up one of my alts (Lightning Sorcerer) I queued into Collicoid as damage. When we're waiting for the healer to load in, the other damage (Marauder) who happened to be group leader, started the first event. We wipe horribly, three times, before all of us died together and it reset.

After some scolding by the rest of the group, we head to the second set of turrets, and realize he's already there, jumps in, and we spend 10 seconds or so catching up. No problem though, it's easy enough.

We loot and the guy Needs on a cunning piece (healer is Operative). He's F2P and can't trade it.

So the first pack of mobs is those 4 tough elites with a ton of health. He just runs into the middle of them while the healer was still typing about the Need he rolled. He dies instantly, and the tank goes down quick. As they are dogpiling onto me, I notice the marauder running BACK into them again.

We wipe like three more times (unable to votekick him while in combat) before I manage to yoink him back as he's charging down long enough to get out of combat and votekick him.

Was the weirdest thing I've ever seen, and some ingenious trolling.

I got into two bad runs yesterday myself. When it rains it pours...

First one was a HM LI, trying to get the daily done for the 10 basic coms on my sentinel. I'm level 55, healer is 54, other rdps is 55, tank is level 50 with only 14k health, mostly tionese gear and green relics/earpieces. He dies on the first sub boss and on one of the totally avoidable trash pulls before the first boss. I proceed to drop group.

Later, I get HM Hammer Station with a naked vanguard (see http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=634823 for more details) who wipes our group twice before we can vote kick him. Healer pulls out tanking companion and we proceed until we get to the droid group with the two elites/two strongs. As I CC one of the elites, the healer DC's and we wipe. 5 minutes later the healer is still DC'd. Drop group again.

Full moon or patch day, take your pick. :o

I've got quite a few, and since I've done just about every class and role at some point, I've seen a lot.

For example:

Sounds like a good role-player to me.

Along the way our healer started asking to be guarded - a request I generally don't pay attention to. In hard modes I prefer to keep aggro on myself and with only a 66 hilt I therefore guard the hardest hitting DPS.

Actually in those new L55 FP's if you don't guard the healer and don't CC in general something tends to go for the healer. Healer aggro is much higher then it used to be and if the healer doesn't use his/her aggro dump it becomes really tricky with larger groups. Not that it's not doable, but I found that actually it makes sense to guard healers at times.