Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bloodthirst needs a Global Cooldown

Ifrit
05.14.2013 , 10:57 PM | #1
As it is currently, there is absolutely no reason to use any composition of classes besides 4 marauders for HM operations. Not only is their dps excellent, but with 4 mara's the group can roll "constant" bloodlust to maintain max group dps. The best solution is to put bloodlust on a global cool down for the group analogous to battle rez.

Dacce
05.14.2013 , 11:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
As it is currently, there is absolutely no reason to use any composition of classes besides 4 marauders for HM operations. Not only is their dps excellent, but with 4 mara's the group can roll "constant" bloodlust to maintain max group dps. The best solution is to put bloodlust on a global cool down for the group analogous to battle rez.
That's just ridiculous. its a buff that provides extra damage for 15 seconds. and its on a 2 min CD. how is that continuous / constant rolling bloodlust?
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

SW_display_name
05.14.2013 , 11:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
That's just ridiculous. its a buff that provides extra damage for 15 seconds. and its on a 2 min CD. how is that continuous / constant rolling bloodlust?
Isn't Bloodthirst a 5 minute cooldown?

hobrogaming
05.14.2013 , 11:31 PM | #4
Ya you do a boss without a tank or healer and get back to me.
No, I was not surgically removed from Churb's side. Stop asking me that.

SW_display_name
05.14.2013 , 11:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by hobrogaming View Post
Ya you do a boss without a tank or healer and get back to me.
There are more than 4 players in a HM Operation.

Khevar
05.14.2013 , 11:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
Oh My Goodness! Why, the fact that my raid group is clearing HM S&V without Marauders or Sentinels must be some kind of mistake! We'll delete our toons and re-level from scratch immediately.

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for bringing this to our attention!

/tryagainbuddy

iimagiicii
05.15.2013 , 12:23 AM | #7
some ignorant posts up in here
Back and worse than ever
Cry'sta / Superbeast / Orihime'inoue / Tsu'nade / Ma'dara / Orochi'maru
Jir'aiya / Gregobi

Cr'ysta / Pub'Crysta / Crysta'pub / Gaar'a / O'bito

Erotophobia Legacy

Ifrit
05.15.2013 , 06:37 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Oh My Goodness! Why, the fact that my raid group is clearing HM S&V without Marauders or Sentinels must be some kind of mistake! We'll delete our toons and re-level from scratch immediately.

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for bringing this to our attention!

/tryagainbuddy
It's not the point that you can't clear content without maras. The point is groups are rewarded for bringing 4 of the same exact class and there is nothing to discourage them.

And some of the above posts are very wrong, bloodthirst is a 15% increase to dps and healing for 15 seconds with a 5 min cooldown. I also specified operations which has 8 people, presumably 2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 dps.

oofalong
05.15.2013 , 07:05 AM | #9
The OP is wrong on many levels:
  • The are many fights where having 4 melee DPS makes the fight more challenging such as Zorn & Toth.
  • Marauders suffer from poor AoE even in smash spec compared to other classes, and AoE is very useful for boss adds.
  • While Marauders offer great utility via defensive CDs and proc self heals, there are many other classes that bring other utility such as taunts, other target heals, cleanses, group damage reduction, pulls, etc.

I appreciate you used quotes around constant, but even still at best you would be able to get 60s out of 300s of max DPS due to Bloodthirst - 20% is far from constant. Plus, when a Marauder is affected by another Marauder's buff - Predation or Bloodthirst - they do not build stacks of fury. It is really difficult to do max DPS when you can't use Berserk.
Prophecy of the Five Are you Committed to SWTOR?
Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Read my new and improved relic explanation.
See the best of the best on the Operations Leaderboards
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

DarthFamine
05.15.2013 , 07:26 AM | #10
***?

I don't even

/facepalm
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com