Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change species overpriced?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ninjonxb
05.14.2013 , 02:09 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by JoraSin View Post
So if the price I see in the cartel market for the Cathar species unlock i.e 600cc, is the price already discounted (my sub account) then WHY is the same Cathar species unlock on my premium (unsubbed) account STILL 600cc.
The unlock itself is not discounted. The cost of changing species (that you already have unlocked) is what is discounted.

Kadin
05.14.2013 , 02:10 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JoraSin View Post
So if the price I see in the cartel market for the Cathar species unlock i.e 600cc, is the price already discounted (my sub account) then WHY is the same Cathar species unlock on my premium (unsubbed) account STILL 600cc.
The discount being referred to is the ability change your species... not the purchase of the species itself.

Amyas
05.14.2013 , 02:11 PM | #33
It should cost credits this whole patch is a crappy EA money grab
Space should be more than a mini game! Star Wars not ground wars!

JoraSin
05.14.2013 , 02:12 PM | #34
Ok thanks for the info, having a bit of a duh moment there.

Kadin
05.14.2013 , 02:13 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Amyas View Post
It should cost credits this whole patch is a crappy EA money grab
Are you implying that other MMOs allow you to change your character mid-game at no cost? I know many of the big ones do not...

Jepic
05.14.2013 , 02:14 PM | #36
I still think that 800 cartel coins or especially 1200 coins is HORRIBLY overpriced for such a cosmetic thing. it doesnt change much on your character except just your caracters face really. subscribers only get like 500-600 cartel coins a month and with the cathar unlock being 600 coins as is its impossible for people to change to cathar or even change species off of one month of being subbed leaving us with the choice of giving EA more money buy directly buying cartel coins (no way) or waiting many many months for the 500-600 coins per month to stack up so we can change our species.

ninjonxb
05.14.2013 , 02:16 PM | #37
Just as a comparison. The species change is $25 for WoW https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...e-change-faq#4

This price is a little more then changing every option for your character except changing the race. Which is basically what you are doing....

Pjats
05.14.2013 , 02:17 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
They said it was 600 for cathar, 800 for change, no mention that was limited to subscribers, and its obvious they have changed it to a higher price because its still not exactly 800 with the discount.
Ok. And what is this then? We got the prices from here:
http://www.gamingface.com/interview-...-2-1-in-swtor/
Quote:
The cost to change your Species is 800 CC for Subscribers.
Quote: Originally Posted by MattPucevich View Post
Your advancements of black acute evoke purple parallel - rejoice in the resonant orange parallel! Surely continued evolutions of grey obtuse will bring joy-understandings and attenuation of syntactic yellow concave!

EricMusco
05.14.2013 , 02:18 PM | #39 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
So why did you say it was 800 cc before.
This is actually kind of interesting. Our plan, as we stated before, was for the cost for subscribers to be 800cc. Not to get all "programmy" but basically the math of applying a % discount from 1200 got pretty complicated and was working out to fractions, etc. Those are kind of a bad thing when it comes to spending "even" amounts of coins.

Our plan was to apply a 33.3% discount for subscribers which would have hit right around 800, but as stated above, the math didn't work out. So instead we moved it up to 34% to get in the players favor, which gives you slightly off (but whole) number of 792.

Hope that makes a bit more sense!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Benfynyn
05.14.2013 , 02:20 PM | #40
Do you have to unlock it first on your account and then change species? Or can you just change species on one of your alts if you have no interest in rolling any future alts as Cathar?
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.