Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toys - we already paid for them. Bought them as they were. We should not pay twice!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Toys - we already paid for them. Bought them as they were. We should not pay twice!

Alec_Fortescue
05.14.2013 , 11:48 AM | #21
I just have spare few million credits to buy myself few gold-quality toys from gtn.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Lostpenguins
05.14.2013 , 11:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I just have spare few million credits to buy myself few gold-quality toys from gtn.
What "toys" did you readily use between your two toons?

And, still, this goes back to perspective. You need to gain some because you're making this a bigger deal than it really is. Sorry if you believed they wouldn't change your old toys, but that doesn't mean "everyone" as you originally posted.

Benfynyn
05.14.2013 , 12:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Look of an item is very different of functionality of an item. Once again, this goes back to fairness. It isn't fair to punish new purchasers of toys.
I'm not on either side of this debate. Don't really care that they made this change. I was just trying to illustrate in part why some people feel that this was a sudden and unexpected change specifically based on the comments regarding changing the look of items and the desire to not upset some players.

But since you quoted and replied to me I'll comment on your remarks. Not changing the items wouldn't be punishing the new purchasers but changing the items is definitely punishing those that have already purchased them. Simply apply the change to future toys that haven't been brought into the game and leave the existing toys as a separate category. That way anyone buying them knows prior to acquiring them what the limitations are.

I mean, if you're interested in fairness at all you have to accept that this would be a better solution.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Elear
05.14.2013 , 12:14 PM | #24
Next step, they'll make all legacy pers apply only to first character logged in after patch, and then allow you to buy them again on all characters of pay cheap cheap price of 1k CC per perk to unlock it premanently on all chars.

Lostpenguins
05.14.2013 , 12:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfynyn View Post
Not changing the items wouldn't be punishing the new purchasers but changing the items is definitely punishing those that have already purchased them. Simply apply the change to future toys that haven't been brought into the game and leave the existing toys as a separate category. That way anyone buying them knows prior to acquiring them what the limitations are.
Fair enough. I'll take it back. "Punish" is the wrong word. But, still unfair. I could see them doing what you suggested and that would be fine as well, but I have a feeling it's a little bit harder to add in more coding or to go back and database tag all those with a new field. Much easier to globally change all toys. I really believe that the amount of work to make that change > a few people upset because they have a lack of perspective on the matter.

Yeah, this whole patch irks me. I would really like fir basic barbershop features (tatoos, earrings, hair, etc.) to cost in-game credz. I would like for them to make dyes not a lottery. I would like for them to have made 2 slots for dyes: primary and secondary so you wouldn't need to create all of these extra dyes with primary and secondary colors that's exponentially more in scope. Yeah I would like if those dyes were crafter only for the rare ones (like white or black) and the more common ones to be purchased via a vendor.

But I generally feel that people are getting way too upset about this patch. I really think that things will calm down in a month. Keep calm and carry on.

Arlon_Nabarlly
05.14.2013 , 12:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
You bought a television from Sony. Suddenly after six months Sony sends some guys over to your place who are saying that you can keep the TV but they're going to change it so you can watch only one channel. You'll get an option of switching channels if you'll pay extra $. That's what happened here. You're ridiculous if you're fine with it. Andryah no. 2
So if I'm reading this right your talking about some of the items that weren't bound that are now. Before you bounced them around? I guess, I see what you're saying now, but still, isn't it better to just be able to clone it ALL your characters if you like it so much? How much is the unlock?

Also the point of just buying others on the GTN is a good point too as another way around. Most of those 'toys' you're talking about don't sell for more than 1k on GTN anyway.
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

Alec_Fortescue
05.14.2013 , 01:10 PM | #27
I seriously don't give a crap about 2.1 as an extra cartel market patch but that ninja change is just seriously lowly. Either reduce the prices on toys in the collections or return them to the way they were. The way we paid for.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Arlon_Nabarlly
05.14.2013 , 01:35 PM | #28
Redacted, that was mean and I'm not trying to be a be a jerk.
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

Cleet_Xia
05.14.2013 , 02:46 PM | #29
Wish I'd seen this before I started my own thread about it...

Yes... this is crap.

We paid for those items. The features of those items were
1) That they did not bind.
2) That we could resell them later if we chose to
3) That we could mail lthem freely between our characters and friends

Now we're expected to pay for the privelage of transferring them to another of our own characters, and we can't resell them?

I won't be buying anymore cartel market toys.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Alec_Fortescue
05.14.2013 , 02:49 PM | #30
same for me. But hold on, there is a comprise Bioware can easily implement. They did it for Cartel Market certificates.

MAKE TOYS BOUND TO LEGACY. That way they will still get bound but we won't be able to resell / borrow them to other players. They will be available to our legacy but we'd pay if we want to unlock them on another server.