Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toys - we already paid for them. Bought them as they were. We should not pay twice!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Toys - we already paid for them. Bought them as they were. We should not pay twice!

Alec_Fortescue
05.14.2013 , 10:54 AM | #1
This is not cool. I am not buying anymore of the lies of the kind "We're not going to change the way items are because players are used to them and like them. They might not be happy with the change." Sorry but those items, the toys, were like this 6-7 months. We were free to send them over to alts and enjoy them while leveling or just playing with other characters. Nobody cared. Everyone was happy. Nobody asked for a change. Why do I need to pay for an item which I already paid for (cartel packs) after MONTHS of having it? Why?

You're saying that you are not going to change things as they were and players are used to them that way. And suddenly you're pulling out ninja-change nobody suspected.

This is just LOW.

We already paid hard $ for the toys we had. We should not pay twice enjoy them the way we used to in the past 7 months!

This is a quote from Eric Musco regarding an armor set which perfectly applies to this situation and Bioware is not being honest with us:
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Glower
05.14.2013 , 10:55 AM | #2
/signed
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

SithEBM
05.14.2013 , 11:01 AM | #3
This patch is terrible. At least scamper was fixed.

Lostpenguins
05.14.2013 , 11:02 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
You're saying that you are not going to change things as they were and players are used to them that way. And suddenly you're pulling out ninja-change nobody suspected.
I suspected this would happen. If they didn't change these, than any new toys would be unfairly worse.

I continue to see your anger on these vanity issues and it really baffles me. Seriously, you're blowing this way too out of proportion when you can send your alt the same toy that costs probably 50k credits for something they will have permanently in the game.

Are you seriously creating 12 alts on a server and leveling them up all the time and need to have all your toys flying around you? I somehow doubt that. If it's really true, then pony up the credz, but, as stated before, it wouldn't be fair for someone to get a toy post 2.1 that's stuck to one character while someone else can transfer their toy, freely.

Feztonio
05.14.2013 , 11:14 AM | #5
lolz expecting me to purchase cartel coins with real money when I have a subscription to get a shi*ty race which I couldn't care less about anyways. 2.1 doesn't exist for me as I don't care about any of the content and BW/EA thinks I'm going to pay additional real money to use it.

I'm already on the fence about giving up on SWTOR though, so if 2.2 or 2.3 also expects me to pay again for any additional content on top of my sub I'll probably just not pay for it or my sub etiher.

2.1 is a non issue for me content wise, but if this is a shift to where subscribers get nothing except a couple more action bars and getting to infinite wz's instead of the weekly cap then subscriptions don't really return much for the 15 dollar investment
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Alec_Fortescue
05.14.2013 , 11:16 AM | #6
You might not care but plenty of others who, like me, bought those items as they were do care. We spent real money and they got ninja-changed suddenly and now we are forced to pay if we want to use them the way we used them.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Moemoeng
05.14.2013 , 11:19 AM | #7
/signed

Never seen such an awfull patch for a great game!

uziforyou
05.14.2013 , 11:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
You might not care but plenty of others who, like me, bought those items as they were do care. We spent real money and they got ninja-changed suddenly and now we are forced to pay if we want to use them the way we used them.
This is a legitimate concern.

The whole "I subscribe so I deserve to pay for nothing else in the game" is not.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

ninjonxb
05.14.2013 , 11:23 AM | #9
FOr me. I can see the anger and the people that like/indifferent about the change.

Before 2.1 came out I was hoping that the toys would somehow be included in the Collections tab. However I was unsure how exactly they would do it.

I was thinking there may be some way to choose to bind it to you and then it is in collections. But this would probably be annoying from a usability issue.

So It is annoying that it is now bound. BUt on the other hand, once you pay(yeah, sucks but we did have warning) you now have this item on all of your characters.
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

Arlon_Nabarlly
05.14.2013 , 11:25 AM | #10
I don't understand what the rage is about here. You want it on more than one toon shouldn't you have to pay for it? If I buy a TV for my living room I don't magically get a duplicate for the bedroom unless I buy one. The fact that we only have to buy twice to get it infinate number of times is awesome. Stop the qq
/rant