Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game won't run after hiting play on the launcher.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game won't run after hiting play on the launcher.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ahnog
05.14.2013 , 09:28 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jorojus View Post
Had this same issue, it takes a long time but eventually the game will load. But its certainly not how its supposed to be.

As long as the blue thingy is turning, dont panic. Just wait.
I'm not even getting the loading screen.
Ahnog
Hokey religions can't replace a good blaster at your side

Sheebie
05.14.2013 , 09:28 AM | #22
Had this same issue, it takes a long time but eventually the game will load. But its certainly not how its supposed to be.

Most are not even getting to that stage, the TWO swtor.exe processes just shut down in task manager.

Eronat
05.14.2013 , 09:29 AM | #23

this post is about client not loading at all. process dies as soon as you hit the play button. Loading times .... different post

dewayne
05.14.2013 , 09:29 AM | #24
in the same boat. tried the usual nothing
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

ImmortalSelene
05.14.2013 , 09:30 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheebie View Post
Most are not even getting to that stage, the TWO swtor.exe processes just shut down in task manager.
I'm on that list, Sheebie.

Eronat
05.14.2013 , 09:32 AM | #26
haha , a friend of mine said the game while loading eats up to 30% of his 8core cpu. No wonder my dual core just dies when pressing play Good job !

Kolskeggur
05.14.2013 , 09:32 AM | #27
I patched without a hitch, clicked play... Stuck at loading screen. Tried closing it down through Task Manager twice and restart, to no avail. Can't say I'm impressed.
"No battle plan survives contact with the enemy." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

sybilmoonbeam
05.14.2013 , 09:33 AM | #28
Also having this issue. Additionally I can't even log in now, because the launcher just has the "Launcher is being updated" red banner over it. I've already downloaded the whole patch :\
Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed.

Beesodd
05.14.2013 , 09:33 AM | #29 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

There appear to be 2 separate issues here. For players who are getting a load screen, please wait, and this should drop of after 7-10 minutes (this is not ideal of course, and we're looking into why there's such a wait).

If you're getting no game screen at all, do you get a flash before everything disappears? Also, please check your Reliability Monitor to see if there's any reference to a game crash within that time frame. To do so open the search box and enter "view reliability history". In the tool that appears, search for a red "X" with a reference to swtor.exe, and include that info in a reply.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Eronat
05.14.2013 , 09:35 AM | #30
i just posted the log from my launcher. There is no flash. Processes just die. Friend of mine said launcer now eats 30% of his 8core cpu. If it's a memory related issue then it seems logic my dual core won't even start the game ^^