Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

MichelvanMeerten
05.11.2013 , 12:03 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by wookiwwlover View Post
I am relativly new to lvl55 Merc healing but I always have the most trouble when dps gets trigger happy and pulls before the tank. Happens a lot in pug groups. Sometimes i have issues with a tank that cant hold agro and I get facerolled by a mob of mando dogs. Loving being a healer though it is a good change from dps. Happy to say only wipes caused have been from poor tanking agro management. Have not found any 55 HMs that have rediculous healing needed.
Easy fix. Rambo dps doesn't recieve anymore healing.

If or when 3 people attack 3 different mobs and the loose ones are hitting me, someone is going to die and it's not me or the tank.

Yes they rage at me, no i do not care. They usually shutup and focus fire after each died 2 or 3 times in a row.
This happened frequently when I was geared in Black Hol gear. Now I am in full 69 + some 72 and it doesnt happen anymore but when it does I just let him die.

Gyronamics
05.12.2013 , 05:25 AM | #122
The bouncing frog on hammer station I find slowly draining my resources til I'm pretty low at the end.

Only thing that really bothered me (offspec healing geared in accuracy dps gear ~L69) in the FP
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

tanktest
05.13.2013 , 11:54 AM | #123
I have a question for the OP what was the reason for this post any way ? I'm not calling you out etc I'm glad things are Hard we don't want them to easy. everyone remembers WoTLK , were at max level you could all most pull the full HM at once to the end boss . BY MAXX level I ment MAXX level for WOTLK ,

Which I don't want to see in SWTOR . unless your like 80 and the instances your pulling like that is 45 .

DarthBurton
05.19.2013 , 04:32 AM | #124
The current 55 hc flashpoints should stay as they are, but bioware should implement a nightmare mode for those, who want a bigger challenge and maybe more loot. I would be happy.
Kinara - Sage Lv. 55 - Mídori - Sorcerer Lv. 55 - Dárya - Sage Lv. 55
Kíeran - Sentinel Lv. 55 - Sául - Juggernaut Lv. 49 - Natálya - Guardian Lv. 50
Ayaná - Vanguard Lv. 55 - Murdoҫk - Commando Lv. 51
Nakajima - Scoundrel Lv. 55 - Caitlín - Shadow Lv. 55

AAAAzrael
05.19.2013 , 05:12 AM | #125
New FP's have already become far too easy I'm a shadow tank and I keep killing stuff by myself even if DPS die for some reason. Two runs through Mandalorian Riders yesterday and twice I killed the boss with two dogs before DPS killed the adds. Healer didn't even really need to heal me in that one too, my self heals are mostly more then the boss's damage. The only real issue is if I don't know the healer and DPS showing them positioning and sometimes telling about cleansing (like hammerstation). Also using target mark on turret pulls so everyone kills my target. I'm now in mix of Arcanian and Verpine/Underworld gear and I see healer started DPSing already so we are back to old time pre-2.0. Actually in one of the Mando Riders runs yesterday I think most of the DPS came from scoundrel healer as DPS had terrible gear.
First couple of runs in Dreadguard gear required focus from everyone, but as we were on early access even not guild groups were very good, actually I met some of the best Raiders on the server in those early FP runs and it were most fun FP's. And indeed with tanking stats dropped I was taking ****loads of damage for first couple of runs, but in 10 or so I had full 69 gear and it was no longer an issue. With new damage stats tanks (at elast shadows) can now also kill stuff on trash pulls (or even some boss fights) so it's actually much easier even if DPS die for some reason.
We will still wipe on some occasions if someone makes a huge mistake, but for a good focused group these are far too easy. I can't wait for some NiM and proper challenge.

wookiwwlover
05.19.2013 , 06:37 AM | #126
What is kind of a worry is when the tank and dps dies in a boss fight and me healing a single dps are able too finish off the remaining boss fight with less trouble than me keeping the tank healed.
I am begining to find many tanks lacking in gear lvl for the content or lacking in tanking knowledge. Most of my ignore list is made up of tanks as is my friends list made up with all the great tanks.
It is annoying as a healer sometimes as any wipe is automatically blamed on you.

Had a lvl55 Maruader abuse me the other night for the wipes on Hammer Station bonus boss, cause it is not like him only having 800 max "buffed" damage stat and blue/green gear had anything to do with it. Even my full healer specced merc has 1350 max damage stat. Fight went so long i ended up running into heat management issues as i tried to keep tank alive through the boss enrage. So this "dps" Maruader abuses me then drops group, we reque and within 5mins pick up a new dps. Killed the boss first try in half the time as before.

Gonna keep on running healer merc and am currently leveling up a Sin Tank.

Kitru
05.19.2013 , 09:32 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
We will still wipe on some occasions if someone makes a huge mistake, but for a good focused group these are far too easy. I can't wait for some NiM and proper challenge.
Your entire post can be best summed up by saying, "When we were appropriate geared for the content, it was hard and fun. Now that we're overgeared, it's no longer hard and fun." *That's the entire point of gearing up". Complaining that it's too easy because you're a tier and a half above what it's actually designed for is like complaining that NiM KP/EV was too easy and should have been buffed up whenever everyone was running around in BH gear pretty much as soon as they hit 50. The content is designed for a specific level of gear. If you're geared above that, you really don't have the right to complain about it being too easy.

Now, you *could* make the argument that we need new tier 2 FPs, but that's a bit different than NiM FPs, especially since they've pretty much demonstrated with LI that they want tier 2 FPs (which drop Ops gear, functionally) to be set up as something of a mini-operation so they are pretty much required to be mechanically intensive. There are a number of things they could tweak with the current and old FPs to make them tier 2 viable (ex: on the Beastmaster in Mando Raiders, have all of the enemies apply a stacking DoT like the DG in TfB do so that you are *forced* to do some target swapping, and, because all of the enemies have threat drops, it could be done without any alt-tanks; conversely, have the dogs generate an increasing damage buff over the course of the fight until they spend 10 consecutive seconds in the boss's bonus damage aura and have the buffs stack so that you have to choose between major spikes and consistently high damage), but just cranking up the numbers (like was done with KP and EV) doesn't really solve anything since they'll *still* be too easy at some point (i.e. when you no longer need the gear that drops from them) since they're not mechanically challenging. The hardness of most of the NiM modes wasn't in the numbers: it was in the unforgiving mechanics.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

AAAAzrael
05.19.2013 , 10:33 AM | #128
You are right of course. But I do not think you need super-unforgiving mechanics that kill the whole group if one person makes a mistake (like EC HM/NiM) to make FP's challenging. I do not also need to have gear drop that is actually useful to me to do FP's I can do them for fun or to play for other people. I am just trying to say we need FP's that are still challenging to people who do ops and have gear from them. As we can't do more ops due to lockouts. Of course you can say we need to make ourselves ALT's and many people do, but at some point they are all going to be overgeared as well. In my case full 69 gear (apart form MH of course) was about two evenings of doing FP's - from your standpoint I do not have reason to do them any more on this character.

entropicdecay
05.19.2013 , 10:55 PM | #129
Didn't read much of the thread, but my friend & I duoed Hammer Station and Cademimu wearing full PvP gear (so only 63-65 stuff) using a companion tank equipped with crafted... Scoundrel healer, Commando DPS, companion tank and dps.

Some of the bosses like the first in Hammer and the Wookie in Cademimu were pretty intense healing but not too hard. Most of the 55 HM bosses don't actually do much damage and are insanely easy to heal as long as you avoid their mechanics (scorch etc in hammer, first and last bosses in Cad...)
---------------------------------------------
Khrin, dirty rotten scoundrel of MDN

Toweleeeie
05.20.2013 , 03:26 AM | #130
I can heal them on my sage in 61s. It's very easy once u know the cleanses. Stop trying to make this game easier the it already is. I remember when me and my guild hit 50 and we did Esseles on HM and got our *********** **** rocked.
Can I has more Sandbox?