Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

XML Config corrupt; cant install

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irojoz
05.13.2013 , 08:42 AM | #1
So I uninstalled the game because i was doing a cleaning of unwanted files on my PC. I recently was having performance issues with SWTOR, so this morning i decided to uninstall the game, to see if a reinstall would help. Now when i pop in my hard copy, less than a second into the installer it says XML configuration corrupt, and then closes down the installer. Help?

Bronholz
05.13.2013 , 09:19 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings irojoz,

Thanks for contacting us.

I'd like you to try installing from the downloadable version, you can start this by going here.

Thank you.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

irojoz
05.13.2013 , 09:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings irojoz,

Thanks for contacting us.

I'd like you to try installing from the downloadable version, you can start this by going here.

Thank you.
The same error message still pops up when i try to install using the downloadable version

Bronholz
05.13.2013 , 09:31 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for that.

Please can you try the steps discussed in this thread, to see if they assist with the issue.

Thank you.

irojoz
05.13.2013 , 10:20 AM | #5
Thanks for that.

Please can you try the steps discussed in this thread, to see if they assist with the issue.

Thank you.
Sadly i did try running the installer with the files in a separate location, but the installer just wont start when i did that.
Is this the end of SWTOR on this computer?

Bronholz
05.13.2013 , 10:50 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thank you for trying those steps.

Sounds like something may have gone wrong when you were cleaning out your files, which could be causing these issues.

We would recommend making sure that you have downloaded and installed all updates from Windows Update. You can find this through the control panel, check for and install all available updates, including optional ones.

You can also try the System File Checker to see if it can locate and fix the files that are causing this.

Thanks.

irojoz
05.13.2013 , 07:16 PM | #7
Thank you for trying those steps.

Sounds like something may have gone wrong when you were cleaning out your files, which could be causing these issues.

We would recommend making sure that you have downloaded and installed all updates from Windows Update. You can find this through the control panel, check for and install all available updates, including optional ones.

You can also try the System File Checker to see if it can locate and fix the files that are causing this.

Thanks.
yea i couldnt figure it out.

irojoz
05.16.2013 , 08:49 AM | #8
anyone have any ideas?

darkdoctor
05.19.2013 , 09:15 AM | #9
Hi, I having the same issue, uninstall game and then try to reinstall but when I put the dvd in my computer stop
Proud Collector's Edition Owner
Main Sith Character - Imperial Agent
Main Republic Character - Smuggler
Cant Wait to play

AlrikFassbauer
05.20.2013 , 10:20 AM | #10
Try to download and install the XML package from Microsoft.