Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seeker droid and Macrobinocular missions

AndrewAlberts
05.11.2013 , 09:37 AM | #1
Is it just me, or does adding a heroic mission after a consistently single player quest chain seem a tad unnecessary, not to mention cheap? I get it, it's an MMO, but would it hurt BioWare to be consistent?

Darkdust
05.12.2013 , 07:53 PM | #2
The heroics that cap the seeker droid and macrobinocular quest series are fantastic. I think it makes total sense to have the actual exploration parts (e.g. scanning) only require a single player, but then have those lead you to combat scenarios requiring a "strike team".

Mowermanx
05.12.2013 , 08:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkdust View Post
The heroics that cap the seeker droid and macrobinocular quest series are fantastic. I think it makes total sense to have the actual exploration parts (e.g. scanning) only require a single player, but then have those lead you to combat scenarios requiring a "strike team".
While they are fantastic, the decision to make them H4's was a poor one in my opinion.
The first few weeks had thousands going through it and LFG spam was so constant, it was pretty easy to get it done. Fast forward to now, and those LFG are drying up, and can now be many days to get into a group for them, and what about a few months time? it will be close to impossible to get a group for, you may have to spam the fleet for weeks on end, but one thing is certain, it is much more difficult as time goes by, and that is poor design.
I think the answer is to make the heroics repeatable weekly with 5 elite comms as reward, that will make it enticing enough for some to want to do it, and help the people as they come along to this part of the mission to be able to do it.

grallmate
05.12.2013 , 08:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
While they are fantastic, the decision to make them H4's was a poor one in my opinion.
The first few weeks had thousands going through it and LFG spam was so constant, it was pretty easy to get it done. Fast forward to now, and those LFG are drying up, and can now be many days to get into a group for them, and what about a few months time? it will be close to impossible to get a group for, you may have to spam the fleet for weeks on end, but one thing is certain, it is much more difficult as time goes by, and that is poor design.
I think the answer is to make the heroics repeatable weekly with 5 elite comms as reward, that will make it enticing enough for some to want to do it, and help the people as they come along to this part of the mission to be able to do it.
This is the same issue that happened with HK was released. For the first few weeks it was pretty easy to find the components since lots of people were searching and a lot of ground was covered really quickly. After a month or two it became a long slog to find them on your own. The issue is slightly different but remains that it is more difficult and tedious to do these as time goes on.

For the Seeker droid finale you can at least out gear it as the mechanics don't actually require 4 people, it could even be retuned to a H2+ in a couple of months when interest is low. The Shroud on the other hand needs 4 players to hit consoles at multiple points so retuning it isn't really feasible. If you added a couple of extra bosses and turned it into a 50/55 FP though, I'd do that multiple times and you could just GF it. It's already halfway there.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Darkdust
05.12.2013 , 09:02 PM | #5
Or you could join a guild and ask your friends to help.

uniz
05.13.2013 , 04:26 AM | #6
im stuck at the solo mario brothers jumping one. need a game pad as lag + key board = unplayable content.

Roughneck
05.13.2013 , 09:20 AM | #7
If they make the quest repeatable more players would do it.

And its not the first time they made quests that ends into group content. Just remember the Ilum quests which leads to 2 FP's: The Battle of Ilum and The False Emperor.

Also on Republic side doing the Balmorra bonus quest there is a option for killing some Sith which is also Heroic 4
Embrace the Dark Side:

Chars: Kor'anor: LVL 55 Lighting Sorcerer: http://http://www.torhead.com/skill-...rrdRbcorsZfM.3

wainot-keel
05.13.2013 , 09:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkdust View Post
Or you could join a guild and ask your friends to help.
Who said they weren't in guild ?

It's a heroic that's only available at a specific stage of that questline and not repeatable. Without the help of group finder no matter how big your guild is, the chances to get a group are really low. I still havent done them. Spamming on fleet and on gchat this last week was an excercise in futility.
I wonder how many of those who've done this on their mains, will be arsed to do it a 2nd , 3rd time, etc with their alts. This will only get worse

tanerb
05.13.2013 , 09:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
If they make the quest repeatable more players would do it.

And its not the first time they made quests that ends into group content. Just remember the Ilum quests which leads to 2 FP's: The Battle of Ilum and The False Emperor.

Also on Republic side doing the Balmorra bonus quest there is a option for killing some Sith which is also Heroic 4
It took me entire Saturday and half of Sunday to find a group to do Battle of Ilium and FE this weekend. But isn't that much easier because of the group finder? A lot of people join group finder with all options selected

Darkdust
05.13.2013 , 05:50 PM | #10
For GF, this may depend on server and role, of course.

But unless I'm missing something, even if you have completed the Seeker Droid heroic yourself, you can still enter a phase owned by a group member doing the quest to help them out. In my mind, that's largely the purpose of guilds, at least ones that do a lot of PVE content.