Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do Commandos stack up healing wise in PvE endgame?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
How do Commandos stack up healing wise in PvE endgame?

eventidephoenix
05.06.2013 , 09:18 AM | #11
can anyone point me to a good commando healing guide? I'm raising one now as I'm a little bored of sage healing lol

Kickimanjaro
05.12.2013 , 07:38 AM | #12
I am a Combat Medic who up until recently had only healed since launch (I started DPSing to fill in for someone in a Flashpoint and liked it a lot so now I play it from time to time). In my experience, we are best combined with a Sage in raids as our single-target potential, combined with the Sage's great AOE heals, produce great synergy. Often, I am healing the tanks while the Sage heals the DPS, and we rarely have problems (unless I mess up with my ammo, then all hell starts to break loose).

Recently, I had the pleasure of healing along side another Commando in a raid for the first time in a couple months (I mainly raid with my guild and am one of the only Combat Medics) and I have to say when you double up the Trauma Probe the result is pretty damn nice. The main-tank's health was very easy to manage which left us with a lot more room to heal the DPS and off-tank.

Then again, I think Scoundrels are just better than us...but I don't have much experience with them to say for sure. Regardless of how our class compares, I find it enjoyable and plan to continue playing it (with some more DPS here and there as I learn how that goes).

Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
can anyone point me to a good commando healing guide? I'm raising one now as I'm a little bored of sage healing lol
If you have not already, check out SpaniardInfinity's excellent PVP Combat Medic guide, Frontline Medicine: Combat Medic PVP Strategies and Tips. Much of the core of that guide also applies to PVE, just remember that you will be primarily healing the tanks (so give them your trauma probe).
Kickimanjaro / Erinaceous / Stimfiend / Stüxnet / Áyrenn / Snipertoon
<Galactic Forces> on Jedi Covenant

Haggardbr
05.13.2013 , 02:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kickimanjaro View Post
Recently, I had the pleasure of healing along side another Commando in a raid ...
I guess I know which raid you're talking about!!! *point to my commando's name in signature*

You did a great job that day tbh!
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel