Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[BUG] Shackles - ETA on fix? Please?


wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
05.11.2013 , 05:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhalvir View Post
You can remove Cadimimu from your choices of FPs to que for, then you don't go there.
You don't get the commendations if you do that.

canuckly's Avatar


canuckly
05.11.2013 , 03:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
You don't get the commendations if you do that.
so get yours comms then take it out of the rotation

alpatalik's Avatar


alpatalik
05.12.2013 , 05:57 AM | #13
This boss keep bugging over and over again. Tries from last night:
#1 http://youtu.be/lEObHYeM7c4
#2 http://youtu.be/tOZMW3VccHg
#3 http://youtu.be/vwazQLcDbew
#4 http://youtu.be/kLj52J5D2iE

So basically our Jugg tank had it with this bug and switched to his Sin tank so that we can kill the boss:
http://youtu.be/uDYK-Z2LsIw

Why add a mechanic that bugs this much without testing or just remove it or make a better mechanic? Like perma snare during the fight or something better?

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
05.12.2013 , 11:51 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by canuckly View Post
so get yours comms then take it out of the rotation
lolwut

TheOne's Avatar


TheOne
05.12.2013 , 12:20 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiisabear View Post
I don't mind this "bug" and I don't want it to change. It is easily overcome. Mashing the same buttons and rotations over and over again gets old. A mildly complicated mechanic in a Hardmode FP is a pleasant change.


1. The demands on healing, dps, and mitigation for this fight are very low.
a. I've never seen anyone die from anything but the rocket exhaust (or the entire rest of the group dying from the rocket exhaust and the boss slowly whittling the last player standing down).
b. It isn't necessary to have two dps, I don't even think it is necessary to have one dps, but I am not sure. (Just because I have never seen him enrage doesn't me he never does)

2. Because the dps demand is so low you have an extra player that can be put on shackle patrol, when I am tanking I direct a melee dps or a poorly geared dps to do this and to not bother with doing any dps.

3. Because the healing demand is so low the healer can be back-up shackle patrol (mostly for situations where the player on shackle patrol gets shackled)

4. Other than when you have to unshackle someone you do not need to move very often ( the rocket exhaust does not change places at intervals of less than 30 seconds)
a. Once the tank is in place with his back against the wall nobody NEEDS to move until the exhaust moves to the sector they are in
b. some abilities that break the root have a shorter cooldown than time between the rocket exhaust movement so you can actually completely ignore the shackles with some group compositions as long the healer and one other player have such an ability and enough brainpower to hit that button when the rocket exhaust demands they move ( i.e. Troopers Hold the Line on a 30 second cooldown which also helps you to get to the new sector faster with the speed boost )

Your dead on here , everyone needs to have backs to the wall , and SPREAD OUT for christ sakes!!! Melee use ranged abilities then EASE INTO DPSING , if you zerg rush him with melee he will shackle. Melee stay 5m and after rotation BACK OFF!! In several groups I've witnessed melee just zerg right into him, tanks that kite him around like wild chickens , and healers that don't know to break the shackles. People , you have to stand still , spread out , and take it easy with this fight. You follow this method the FP becomes very easy .......

TheOne's Avatar


TheOne
05.12.2013 , 12:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by alpatalik View Post
This boss keep bugging over and over again. Tries from last night:
#1 http://youtu.be/lEObHYeM7c4
#2 http://youtu.be/tOZMW3VccHg
#3 http://youtu.be/vwazQLcDbew
#4 http://youtu.be/kLj52J5D2iE

So basically our Jugg tank had it with this bug and switched to his Sin tank so that we can kill the boss:
http://youtu.be/uDYK-Z2LsIw

Why add a mechanic that bugs this much without testing or just remove it or make a better mechanic? Like perma snare during the fight or something better?


Oh my , what the hell was that lol? The reason ya'll wiped a million times is because a) you didn't spread out b) melee zerg'd and the boss knocked back the whole group (lol) c) the tank kited d) your backs were not facing the wall e) melee stayed clumped up around the boss (need 5m or more between players)
horrible run , and very disorganized.

alpatalik's Avatar


alpatalik
05.12.2013 , 01:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Oh my , what the hell was that lol? The reason ya'll wiped a million times is because a) you didn't spread out b) melee zerg'd and the boss knocked back the whole group (lol) c) the tank kited d) your backs were not facing the wall e) melee stayed clumped up around the boss (need 5m or more between players)
horrible run , and very disorganized.
I was merc. Shackles are meaningless to me.. We don't need to spread a lot, it doesn't matter that we all get knock back. We can kill the boss even when he shackles 3 people at times; only if shackles don't bug.

note: I've already got the 25 times hm achievement on this boss.

You can see that we killed him just by changing tank to Sin thereby bypassing shackle-bug: http://youtu.be/uDYK-Z2LsIw

note: tank is the same person. he just switched to his sin tank so that we can finish the instance after bugs.

Bug is a bug. Don't defend it troll.

TheOne's Avatar


TheOne
05.12.2013 , 02:24 PM | #18
If you done it 25 times you should know by now that the boss aoe shackles anyone within 5m, why would you cluster around the boss like that? Don't kite the boss , spread out , melee within 5m back off, healer breaks shackle.
You guys zerg'd the hell out of him , didn't spread out (merc was right on top of the boss lol) .

alpatalik's Avatar


alpatalik
05.12.2013 , 03:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
If you done it 25 times you should know by now that the boss aoe shackles anyone within 5m, why would you cluster around the boss like that? Don't kite the boss , spread out , melee within 5m back off, healer breaks shackle.
You guys zerg'd the hell out of him , didn't spread out (merc was right on top of the boss lol) .
it doesn't matter that it shackles us. we can remove the shackle. we focus on faster kill. it doesn't matter how many times the boss shackles as long as the shackles don't keep bugging.

Astaldoath's Avatar


Astaldoath
05.13.2013 , 02:04 AM | #20
So the majority of people once again are, fck you, we dont give a ****, its bugged but deal with it.

Not like we are the people paying for the game to stay up. Sorry but the customer is right, if it was a bug that gave players an unfair advantage bioware would have the whole dev team fixing it, but when its a bug that ruins the game they could give a **** less. You people are the reason so much is wrong with the world, oh too bad just deal with it, get arrested wrongfully who cares deal with it as long as it dont happen to me, get hit by a car who cares deal with it we dont give a ****.

Ive never seen a game with more of a lack of customer care than this ****. Its pathetic, everyones attitude is who cares deal with it, its a ******** bug and needs fixed or the cooldown on our breaks need drasically reduced during this flashpoint, to like 30 seconds or so instead of 2 minutes, there thats an easy fix for it.

Lower cooldown during fight or give an item that breaks shackles will a lower cooldown that would be even easier.

Pathetic and sickening