Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninjas getting worse

XAtrophi
05.12.2013 , 12:13 AM | #1
Atleast on the harbinger, 3 groups ive been in today people have been need rolling on everything(including greens).
as 2 of them i just left since i was tanking and noone in the group really said anything, but the 3rd i was dps and really didnt want to wait in the queue again also the other 2 members were vocal about it aswell,
It seems some of these "Ninjas" dont feel they are being greedy he even offered to give anything if anyone needed it.

I know its been said but there needs to be a system that lets you only need on it if its your main stat since we apparently cant trust people to be courteous about it, especially since you can trade loot even if someone "Needs" for companion the winner can just give them the item sure its an extra step and gamers are lazy but i think we can manage....maybe.

MagikFingerz
05.12.2013 , 01:24 AM | #2
I agree completely.

+1

Avorniel
05.12.2013 , 02:34 AM | #3
I have found the same on my Server,I tend to just voice my annoyance and then if they do it again just leave the group and place the person on ignore.
I am making sure at the moment that my Sorcerer is well geared with mods pre level 55 so if someone does need on an item for my class It doesn't cause me any issues,what will happen when I hit 55 will be another story,but I have found with my Gunslinger that ninja looting isn't as bad if it happens at all in lvl 55 FP's.
But this issue always rears it's ugly head when the game is based around gear and has a need/greed system.You would of thought that bw or any new mmo company knows the issues this type of system causes,it's a pity they just didn't add in a system like they have GW2 even though GW2 came out after swtor it isn't a new idea. or follow FF online where they take the armour drops out of the game totally and you have to make your armour,can't see that going down to well in this game but ya get my drift there are other options .

I found that in GW2 they removed the 3 major ranting issues :-

1.Loot ninja's we all have our own gear drop no one can ninja it or even see it
2 Node pinching always was a major headache in EQ2 people camping nodes for raws etc ,everyone can harvest the same node at the same time.
3. Stealing kill updates even if someone else hits the same mob you are going for as long as you hit it you will get exp and quest update(only minor annoyance is players tagging mobs then running off)

Take theses out of the game and grouping,leveling,harvest becomes less stress full and enjoyable,not saying this game should be like GW2 or any other mmo,but the ideas they came up with to solve some heated issues was a welcome change.
I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev

SW_display_name
05.12.2013 , 04:01 AM | #4
I had a lot of this going on this weekend too. Something in the water?

Highlights include:
  • Assassin Needing all Cunning gear, because "I need it for a friend lol" (every time)
  • Mercenary Needing all Cunning gear, because "i nee ddit for companion,they .have to reach get head" (yes, that's an exact quote; no, I don't know)
  • Marauder Needing ... literally everything, and claiming "Sorry, I hit the wrong button" every time then saying "Sorry I'm F2P I can't fix it :( really sorry" then quickly canceling when I tested it and opened a Secure Trade with him... multiple times
  • Sorcerer Needing a Cunning vibroknife, because "uhhhhh, I use offhands too ... don't be a jerk"
  • Sniper Needing a Blaster Pistol, because "It has a barrel upgrade", then furiously raging when the Powertech tank Needs the Sniper Rifle that drops later, because "It has a barrel upgrade, man!"
  • Juggernaut Needing a Heavy Aim chest, "for Vette", followed by an Aim Shield Generator, "for Vette"
  • Assassin tank wielding a single-bladed Strength lightsaber ("it was better than my other one"), Needs a Strength earpiece (but loses, then says in chat: "FFFFUUUUUUU i really wanted that!!") and then later Needs a Heavy Strength chest and, when questioned by the Juggernaut DPS, responds with: "oh I'm sorry little man, did you not win the gear you wanted?"

saatana
05.12.2013 , 06:18 AM | #5
Itīs because people can change threir names for free next tuesday and they donīt have to care about their reputation for one bit now.
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Tatile
05.12.2013 , 06:45 AM | #6
In the past I've also read of people (though, they were nice people talking about themselves) that thought that because it said "Greed", Greed was the bad role and they didn't want to seem greedy, so they hit Need. Which has predictable results

I don't remember if the Need vs. Greed system is explained in SWTOR, but then, even if it was, people wouldn't read it. It's rather a pity that companies are having to code their games in such a way as to diminish the detrimental effects of some arse who thinks he's being funny.

And no, I don't have any good "bell-end needing on Cunning gear while a Juggy" stories.

ToMyMa
05.12.2013 , 07:31 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by saatana View Post
Itīs because people can change threir names for free next tuesday and they donīt have to care about their reputation for one bit now.
Yeah, I know, but if you have someone ignored, then it will still ignore the person, even though he changed name? I hope so, but I'll just stick to my name

(Because I don't PvE, therefore no reputation to worry about there)
Elite Warlord Tanvir
Techfreak
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

AutoCocker
05.12.2013 , 08:23 AM | #8
Even with name changes the person should still be on your ignore list. Well at least it works that way for friends list. Devs changed a friend of mines name and he was still on my friends list just with the new name.

And also especially if your a tank always put people like that on ignore. This way they don't get a que pop with you and they may have to wait a bit longer for que pops as well due to being on peoples ignore lists.

Avorniel
05.12.2013 , 08:27 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by saatana View Post
God I hope it doesn't reset my Ignore list due to a name change..would be nice to get some sort of dev response to this
I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev

GeckoOBac
05.12.2013 , 11:48 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Avorniel View Post
God I hope it doesn't reset my Ignore list due to a name change..would be nice to get some sort of dev response to this
It won't. Worked the same for friendlists when there were server merges.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger