Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

no new flashpoints in expansion

Merovinjin
05.11.2013 , 02:37 PM | #1
really dissappointed with this, i dont really have time to do OPs and most guilds that do them make them boring and like a chore. so some new flashpoints would have been nice, not older ones made harder. there is no variety to the level experience AGAIN.

i levelled by doing quests on makeb and when i got bored i would do a FP or 2, there was nothing new lol just the old flashpoints that you played while at level cap of 50.
Traeton lvl 50 Jugg, Tank.

Battyone
05.11.2013 , 02:44 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Merovinjin View Post
really dissappointed with this, i dont really have time to do OPs and most guilds that do them make them boring and like a chore. so some new flashpoints would have been nice, not older ones made harder. there is no variety to the level experience AGAIN.

i levelled by doing quests on makeb and when i got bored i would do a FP or 2, there was nothing new lol just the old flashpoints that you played while at level cap of 50.
Hit level 55, you get 4 hardmode revamps (Cad, Mando, Athiss, Hammer) that are actually quite a bit different (bonus bosses, new mechanics, more trash) than the leveling versions.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

Krewel
05.11.2013 , 03:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Battyone View Post
Hit level 55, you get 4 hardmode revamps (Cad, Mando, Athiss, Hammer) that are actually quite a bit different (bonus bosses, new mechanics, more trash) than the leveling versions.
lol no, they're the same, except unimaginate bonus boss for each - you press one button and he/it pops up from thin air.

Really disheartening to see no new FP in over a year in this supposedly story-based MMO ._.
Former passionate SWTOR player, now passionately waiting for WoD.

Kitru
05.11.2013 , 03:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Battyone View Post
Actually, the mechanics for the bosses are largely the same (I was quite disappointed by this). The only major differences are that most of the mechanics were made less forgiving (which is what happens when stuff is turned into an HM). The only bosses that actually got a mechanic *added* were Xander and the droid in Cademimu (the droid has to be trapped in the circle rather than just kited and nuked down), General Ortol in Cademimu (the magnetic shackles were added), and Vorgan the Volcano (the shield was added). Every other boss mechanic was present in the story mode version, though most people simply ignored a lot of them while leveling because you, honestly, could.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

zzoorrzz
05.11.2013 , 04:00 PM | #5
Interesting idea for a thread, which brings even more interesting question to my mind - are the real new flashpoints going to be available as CM unlocks only? I'm afraid even that is a possibility irght now. I don't know if somebody from BW ever commented on that though.

Battyone
05.11.2013 , 05:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Actually, the mechanics for the bosses are largely the same (I was quite disappointed by this). The only major differences are that most of the mechanics were made less forgiving (which is what happens when stuff is turned into an HM). The only bosses that actually got a mechanic *added* were Xander and the droid in Cademimu (the droid has to be trapped in the circle rather than just kited and nuked down), General Ortol in Cademimu (the magnetic shackles were added), and Vorgan the Volcano (the shield was added). Every other boss mechanic was present in the story mode version, though most people simply ignored a lot of them while leveling because you, honestly, could.
Matrix in Hammer has a debuff that adds +500% turret damage when he moves from platform to platform, turning a minor inconvenience in story mode into a guaranteed wipe.

Tunneling droid in hammer station you generally didn't _have_ a cleanse yet to clear the tank stacks so it is a different thing for healing.

The others are significantly tighter and you have to do the mechanics right, something that makes the fights totally different from the story mode tank and spanks.

And then theres the trash revamps, trash is no joke until your in 69's...and even then if you're careless some of the pulls will decimate you, it's a lot less forgiving than it is on story mode. There are also more packs added into the FPs, go into Mando Raiders right now and look at the entry hall.

AshlaBoga
05.11.2013 , 05:47 PM | #7
SM and HM Titans of Industry or NiM TFB is probably in 2.2 since Eric said there will be more PvE endgame content introduced in 2.2.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

chuixupu
05.11.2013 , 05:58 PM | #8
I wouldn't count on any of those old datamined flashpoints being in 2.2 just yet. It's possible, but I haven't really seen anything hinting to those flashpoints being close to finished at all, and they may have been scrapped or changed altogether from what they planned. I think there is a high chance that we will get entirely new flashpoints in the coming months, though.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Ansalem
05.11.2013 , 06:23 PM | #9
havent you heard? Bioware considers new content as taking old content and sprucing it up...please see hard mode cad, mand raiders, athiss, hammer station...please see nightmare ev, nightmare kp, nightmare ec...please see upcoming "new" content nightmare tfb nightmare sv nightmare gf...Welcome to swtor where you dont really get anything new they just reskin the same old stuff

Battyone
05.11.2013 , 08:57 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
havent you heard? Bioware considers new content as taking old content and sprucing it up...please see hard mode cad, mand raiders, athiss, hammer station...please see nightmare ev, nightmare kp, nightmare ec...please see upcoming "new" content nightmare tfb nightmare sv nightmare gf...Welcome to swtor where you dont really get anything new they just reskin the same old stuff
Not to pick an insanely stupid thing out of your rant, but you do realize nightmare EV and KP were released with EV and KP right?