Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

EternalFinality
12.21.2011 , 02:29 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Aghar View Post
yes they could but you should already have a defensive cd poped prior to the first cc
What if your opponent is actually perceptive and DOESN'T use their first cc right away? What then? You can't force them to cc you while your defensive cds are up.

Luroc
12.21.2011 , 02:36 PM | #32
A+, would read again.

Brullig
12.21.2011 , 02:41 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Lymain View Post
Yes, and yes.

I'm not 100% sure how to answer your other questions - hopefully someone else can.
I think it's safe to say that anything that builds resolve on the target will be prevented by a full resolve bar.

The remaining big question that needs some research is how much each different class of CC contributes to resolve, and whether all CCs of the same class contribute the same amount or if it's tied to another factor such as duration of the CC effect.

Felene
12.21.2011 , 02:47 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Brullig View Post
Do all stuns contribute the same amount to the bar?
Do all mezz contribute the same amount to the bar?
How much is contributed by each of these?

Will a full resolve (immunity-level) bar prevent knockbacks?
Do knockbacks contribute to the resolve bar?
All stun fill up 1/2 bar and all mezz fill up 3/4 of the bar, same for Knockback.

Once resolve bar is white the only cc that still can effect is snare and/or the last stun player take.

lzelten
12.21.2011 , 02:50 PM | #35
Thanks for the informative post. I agree this should be stickied.

Kobeer
12.21.2011 , 03:23 PM | #36
Fantastic guide, thank you!

Felene
12.21.2011 , 04:53 PM | #37
Bump.

Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
What if your opponent is actually perceptive and DOESN'T use their first cc right away? What then? You can't force them to cc you while your defensive cds are up.
There is no best tactic in pvp, we can theorycraft about what the opponent is going to do to counter the max resolve tactic but there are too many possibility when a human being is playing and not a AI.

Melee vs melee, melee vs range, range vs range and tank/dps/heal roll difference plus different class ability.

What then?

L2P. Know your class and their class.

Tomeru
12.21.2011 , 05:39 PM | #38
Great information there. Thanks.

One question though, since I didn't notice any mention of it in your post. Does the resolve bar stay at half forever when one CC is used, or does it deplete slowly?

Felene
12.21.2011 , 05:44 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomeru View Post
Great information there. Thanks.

One question though, since I didn't notice any mention of it in your post. Does the resolve bar stay at half forever when one CC is used, or does it deplete slowly?
Stay at half until player death or area change.

Obbu
12.21.2011 , 05:54 PM | #40
Fantastic guide - deserves sticky.