Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Not Your Ordinary - PvP Videos

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Not Your Ordinary - PvP Videos

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
05.11.2013 , 02:51 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Sometimes I wonder if the people who do rated are limited to 10% of their normal power while playing unrated WZ, because otherwise the leaderboard might explode from their sheer power.
No, going from rateds to regs is a lesson in humility. A reality check. We have a guild on our server who likes to act as if they're the top pvp guild. Yet all they do is fight the same team that isn't as coordinated as they are, over and over again. They won't step foot into regs, becuase when they do they usually get destroyed, especially when premading. They're not used to unknown factors or variety in skill, only limited exposure fighting players who do the same rotation, so to speak, again and again.

Basically when you're so used to only fighting in one set condition for a long period of time, you forget how to fight in conditions that are always changing.

Symptoms you've arrived at this point include:

-Not queueing in regs in fear of losing to those deemed inferior, but acting as if the reason is because you're more advanced than them at pvp.

-Using terms like "leet" and "pro" when describing oneself.

- Bragging about rating as if its indicative of skill

- Challenging other players with your ranked team, rather than an individual basis. For example, player A kills player B in a warzone.

Player B: You can't beat me, get 8 people and queue for ranked lets go!
Player A: Why can't you fight me alone?
Player B: Yeah you noob I'm so leet I can beat you, you so scared rawr!

This behavior is evident throughout this thread, it can be observed in the players who continually troll the OP.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Roysten's Avatar


Roysten
05.11.2013 , 06:21 AM | #162
I recently resubbed after taking a break at 1.2 to check things out, and have been pleasantly surprised by the general standard of pvp pugging.

Stealth play has been confusing me though, I keep ending up in groups with lurkers who stalk the map contributing almost nothing. The o.p.'s vids. at least offer me a glimpse of what's going on in these players heads.
In fact watching them was so frustrating that they have inspired me to dust off my big fat Assassin and take him out for a spin.

Polymerize's Avatar


Polymerize
05.11.2013 , 09:58 AM | #163
Currently working on some annotations and possibly commentary for the time frame that I had mentioned.

Polymerize's Avatar


Polymerize
05.11.2013 , 11:38 AM | #164
Put a few notes into the match w/ the Casual Premade.

First time using annotations. It is really clunky.

It does not look good with the video but that is not the point so try to deal with it, lol. It is hard to elaborate on each and every moment; not enough space to type - lots of words cover up the video.

Future videos will have better annotations; I am learning. I hope my thought process during the video is a tad more clear, although it is hard to display even with annotations.

Xerain's Avatar


Xerain
05.11.2013 , 02:57 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
Been busy with real life. Ill elaborate on the 1-minute clip and respond to some posts tmrw.

I don't support this thread any longer. Too many douchebags have apparently subscribed to it, bleeding their bullsh*t everywhere.

You talk about rated this and rated that. I've already said that rateds are garbage in the sense that the level of gameplay does not reach even a modicum of what I'd be able to exhibit by forming a rated team so tell me more about how special you are if you participate in rateds and Ill you more about how I could care less.
Are you saying you suck so much that if you made a rated team it would just get destroyed because I bet that's what will happen.

Form your team up and queue and go see how rateds go for you man. Do 10 games and get a rating lets see how well you do. I want to see how well you do at a higher level of play.

Xerain's Avatar


Xerain
05.11.2013 , 03:02 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
No, going from rateds to regs is a lesson in humility. A reality check. We have a guild on our server who likes to act as if they're the top pvp guild. Yet all they do is fight the same team that isn't as coordinated as they are, over and over again. They won't step foot into regs, becuase when they do they usually get destroyed, especially when premading. They're not used to unknown factors or variety in skill, only limited exposure fighting players who do the same rotation, so to speak, again and again.

Basically when you're so used to only fighting in one set condition for a long period of time, you forget how to fight in conditions that are always changing.

Symptoms you've arrived at this point include:

-Not queueing in regs in fear of losing to those deemed inferior, but acting as if the reason is because you're more advanced than them at pvp.

-Using terms like "leet" and "pro" when describing oneself.

- Bragging about rating as if its indicative of skill

- Challenging other players with your ranked team, rather than an individual basis. For example, player A kills player B in a warzone.

Player B: You can't beat me, get 8 people and queue for ranked lets go!
Player A: Why can't you fight me alone?
Player B: Yeah you noob I'm so leet I can beat you, you so scared rawr!

This behavior is evident throughout this thread, it can be observed in the players who continually troll the OP.
Lol what? Most of the rated players I know when it regs all they do is TDM anyways and winning and losing is never a problem.

What was that post I quoted also about people leaving regs right away or half the teams being full of people with like 23k hp currently. Yeah so competitive guys. so competitive in regs.

Polymerize's Avatar


Polymerize
05.11.2013 , 03:12 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Lol what? Most of the rated players I know when it regs all they do is TDM anyways and winning and losing is never a problem.

What was that post I quoted also about people leaving regs right away or half the teams being full of people with like 23k hp currently. Yeah so competitive guys. so competitive in regs.
Already mentioned that none of the games I've recorded have been against bad players. Your point is moot.

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
05.11.2013 , 03:13 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
No, going from rateds to regs is a lesson in humility. A reality check. We have a guild on our server who likes to act as if they're the top pvp guild. Yet all they do is fight the same team that isn't as coordinated as they are, over and over again. They won't step foot into regs, becuase when they do they usually get destroyed, especially when premading. They're not used to unknown factors or variety in skill, only limited exposure fighting players who do the same rotation, so to speak, again and again.

Basically when you're so used to only fighting in one set condition for a long period of time, you forget how to fight in conditions that are always changing.

Symptoms you've arrived at this point include:

-Not queueing in regs in fear of losing to those deemed inferior, but acting as if the reason is because you're more advanced than them at pvp.

-Using terms like "leet" and "pro" when describing oneself.

- Bragging about rating as if its indicative of skill

- Challenging other players with your ranked team, rather than an individual basis. For example, player A kills player B in a warzone.

Player B: You can't beat me, get 8 people and queue for ranked lets go!
Player A: Why can't you fight me alone?
Player B: Yeah you noob I'm so leet I can beat you, you so scared rawr!

This behavior is evident throughout this thread, it can be observed in the players who continually troll the OP.
I've found that people who obviously do rated don't even do that good in unrated unless they're running some particularly hard to counter formations for the average PUG, like double smashers. In fact if you go with the heavy heals, that's easily countered becuase a bad player can still heal decent too when he's guarded so the PUG isn't really too worried about being outclassed there. Invariably the rated players tend to ignore there are 4 other guys on their side and just let them die, and wonder why they get pummeled 8 on 4 when they have never healed anyone that doesn't have the same guildtag. Of course at this point the rated players rationalize that it's clearly because those 4 guys sucked and just died, never mind that there are often no healers in those 4, nor should there be one if the premade have say 2 healers out of their 4 (not an unusual formation).

Of course this is also self-fulfilling. If I only heal the guys with the same guildtag/premade as I do obviously those guys will almost always have better performance than other guys due to the fact I'm healing them. But right now, it's hard for any player to contribute the worth of 2 players even in idealized situation (e.g. Smasher on Voidstar versus 2 medicore DPS, the latter will still usually win). While you certainly shouldn't expect your PUG teammates to be awesome, letting them die immediately is a sure way to lose because nobody can fight 4on8 and even have a chance at winning.

Polymerize's Avatar


Polymerize
05.11.2013 , 03:16 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Are you saying you suck so much that if you made a rated team it would just get destroyed because I bet that's what will happen.

Form your team up and queue and go see how rateds go for you man. Do 10 games and get a rating lets see how well you do. I want to see how well you do at a higher level of play.
If Overdoser starts playing again I will try to get a Rated team going. Otherwise, nah. He's the only person in the game, that I know; who knows how to play the game at the highest of levels.

Polymerize's Avatar


Polymerize
05.11.2013 , 03:19 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
I've found that people who obviously do rated don't even do that good in unrated unless they're running some particularly hard to counter formations for the average PUG, like double smashers. In fact if you go with the heavy heals, that's easily countered becuase a bad player can still heal decent too when he's guarded so the PUG isn't really too worried about being outclassed there. Invariably the rated players tend to ignore there are 4 other guys on their side and just let them die, and wonder why they get pummeled 8 on 4 when they have never healed anyone that doesn't have the same guildtag. Of course at this point the rated players rationalize that it's clearly because those 4 guys sucked and just died, never mind that there are often no healers in those 4, nor should there be one if the premade have say 2 healers out of their 4 (not an unusual formation).

Of course this is also self-fulfilling. If I only heal the guys with the same guildtag/premade as I do obviously those guys will almost always have better performance than other guys due to the fact I'm healing them. But right now, it's hard for any player to contribute the worth of 2 players even in idealized situation (e.g. Smasher on Voidstar versus 2 medicore DPS, the latter will still usually win). While you certainly shouldn't expect your PUG teammates to be awesome, letting them die immediately is a sure way to lose because nobody can fight 4on8 and even have a chance at winning.
When I see you post, I ignore it. Stop please.