Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will you address Operative stun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When will you address Operative stun?

Dawginole
05.11.2013 , 02:19 AM | #1
You increased damage in wz's in 2.0 by 60% and did not reduce stun duration. Ops mainly, and another class or two are stun locking with one stun and burning down players with 30k health before they ever come out of stun.

At some point your unbalanced game becomes unenjoyable for even the most hardcore of us to keep queuing.

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
You're teaching how to min/max a marauder, yet you can't beat a concealment operative? That just doesn't add up. As the above poster said, looks like you need to learn to counter the class.
Obviously you've never even died once in wz's and your breakers are always off CD. So I wasn't referencing the BAMF WZ Achievement winners like yourself.

Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
It's really weird, I think it's glitched somehow.

On my operative, sometimes I can stunlock people with knockdown + stun, then burn them down to 30% hp, other times, can't stunlock them at all. This is including when they break cc the first time.

On the receiving end, on my operative, I can usually break free, instantly stand up without issue.

On my sniper/gunslinger, for some reason no matter when I break cc, the animation of me standing up is still playing before I regain control to do anything.

Never been burned down from 100-0% hp during a stunlock though. Though, I've done it to others, before 2.0, likely people in recruit gear, since they only had 13k hp.

Had one really Really hilarious experience a long time ago. I was in voidstar, stealthed up to the first door as attackers, saw 1 jugg guarding (14k hp), then saw a sin stealthed next to him. I quickly opened up on the jugg, finished him before he could stand up, saw the sin sorta flinch/move slightly, then target me, but I just stealthed out normally before he even attacked. Then I opened up on him, killed him, then planted. good times.

Haven't had that easy of a job since 2.0 though, since now all the health pools are like 25-45k hp.
Hey, look! A rational, thoughtful post! Thank you for that!
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Tankqull
05.11.2013 , 02:29 AM | #2
learn your enemys, no class is able to kill you within one stun. none!

both stealther need under best circumstances 6-8 GCD to take someone down = 9-12 sec you´ll need to use several stuns to cover that time. if you are unable to use your stunbreaker in that time you are either out of luck as it is on cooldown, your enemy shows his skill by choosing the right target, or you are not as skilled as you think ´cause you didnt find your stun breaker.

/thread

PoliteAssasin
05.11.2013 , 02:34 AM | #3
You're teaching how to min/max a marauder, yet you can't beat a concealment operative? That just doesn't add up. As the above poster said, looks like you need to learn to counter the class.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Xarimath
05.11.2013 , 02:53 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
This one,
Master Jariel Silverwing - Jedi Sentinel
Server : THE PROGENITOR
I support Cross Server PvP http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=686530

tacito
05.11.2013 , 03:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
You increased damage in wz's in 2.0 by 60% and did not reduce stun duration. Ops mainly, and another class or two are stun locking with one stun and burning down players with 30k health before they ever come out of stun.

At some point your unbalanced game becomes unenjoyable for even the most hardcore of us to keep queuing.
Okay, let's first state your main complains:
  • Operative is using one stun
  • Within the duration of that one stun, they subtract 30k health from your character, thus killing you

Now we're of course not talking about undergeared and soft targets, so the operative has 60% damage increase and his target (you) has 37.5% damage decrease.

Since the operative can't even hope to deal 30k damage without Hidden Strike, let's also assume that he's using both the knockdown stun and his regular stun on you, for a total stun duration of 5.5 seconds.

Now, let's first calculate your damage reduction against his damage increase. 1.6 * 0.625 = 1

So your damage reduction effectively cancels his damage increase, and he deals as much damage to you as if neither of you had any expertise. Effective health before any class effects is thus still 30k.

Now let's look at the time. 5.5 seconds of you being stunned, starting with a Hidden Strike/Acid Blade combo. To keep you stunned continously, he needs to immediately follow up on that with Debilitate. Basically neglectable damage, a base GCD of 1.5 seconds, 2.5 seconds of stun remaining. Those 2.5 seconds are enough for 2 abilites, neither of which can be another Hidden Strike, due to cooldown.

All in all, to burst you down within those 5.5 seconds, with Hidden Strike/Acid Blade, Debilitate, Explosive Probe and Backstab (highest possible damage abilities within the time), he needs to deal 30k damage. This is... unlikely. To say the least. Basically, he needs to crit for around 9k with every ability, with Acid Blade dealing the remaining damage.

jillun
05.11.2013 , 05:34 AM | #6

You play a Mara and you are complaining about operatives? <delete>

JouerTue
05.11.2013 , 05:39 AM | #7
i've still to get killed by an op/scoundrel burst from full health..another thing is if they catch you wounded or with stun breaker on cd..if you pop it when you are not at full resolve or on flash grenade(which breaks on damage) you deserve to die..

Soapland
05.11.2013 , 05:40 AM | #8

Yes ops and sins can be devastating to classes like sorcs/sages. But please stop talking about this 60% damage increase in wzs as if it's a problem. Damage reduction was increased to match damage boost, so this is a non-issue, wear your pvp gear to pvp.
ELÍZABETH --- Sage
SCHLONGBIRD --- Sentinel
yuc (**** class)

Seireeni
05.11.2013 , 05:41 AM | #9
I did this with my scrapper scoundrel before 2.0 if I was lucky and do it in 2.0 if I am lucky.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

SomeJagoff
05.11.2013 , 06:06 AM | #10

It's really weird, I think it's glitched somehow.

On my operative, sometimes I can stunlock people with knockdown + stun, then burn them down to 30% hp, other times, can't stunlock them at all. This is including when they break cc the first time.

On the receiving end, on my operative, I can usually break free, instantly stand up without issue.

On my sniper/gunslinger, for some reason no matter when I break cc, the animation of me standing up is still playing before I regain control to do anything.

Never been burned down from 100-0% hp during a stunlock though. Though, I've done it to others, before 2.0, likely people in recruit gear, since they only had 13k hp.

Had one really Really hilarious experience a long time ago. I was in voidstar, stealthed up to the first door as attackers, saw 1 jugg guarding (14k hp), then saw a sin stealthed next to him. I quickly opened up on the jugg, finished him before he could stand up, saw the sin sorta flinch/move slightly, then target me, but I just stealthed out normally before he even attacked. Then I opened up on him, killed him, then planted. good times.

Haven't had that easy of a job since 2.0 though, since now all the health pools are like 25-45k hp.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G