Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*protest for bolster removal*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
*protest for bolster removal*

PINKPARAKEET
05.11.2013 , 12:40 AM | #321
Bolster is pointless...
I hardly notice a difference from people coming in with pve gear to what it was like coming in with recruit
A set of PVP gear doesn't even take long at all to grind anyways, which is why I was confused as to why bolster was such a big deal when it came out

Isislol
05.11.2013 , 01:28 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by comps View Post
This thread reminds me of the old 'when will they merge servers' threads we saw about a year ago. Subscribers weren't interested in playing an mmo by themselves and thus voiced their concerns. EA/Bioware didn't act on it till they lost half of their subs because they didn't want to look bad for that quarter or whatever the excuse was.

Now the majority of the pvp'ers are losing interest in this failed attempt to appeal to the pve'ers, ftp'ers, and people that want this game to be a first person shooter with this bolster experiment. Many subs are waiting to see if they bite the bullet and scrap lvl 55 bolster. I just hope they realize people will look elsewhere pretty soon if bolster isn't removed.
This ^^^^

SomeJagoff
05.11.2013 , 01:53 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by PINKPARAKEET View Post
Bolster is pointless...
I hardly notice a difference from people coming in with pve gear to what it was like coming in with recruit
A set of PVP gear doesn't even take long at all to grind anyways, which is why I was confused as to why bolster was such a big deal when it came out
lol yeah, saw some guy in full 72s or close to it in pvp, had like 1500 expertise and 2000 max weapon damage, hardly a handicap due to bolster. He got top damage too.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

Xeraz
05.11.2013 , 10:36 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
lol yeah, saw some guy in full 72s or close to it in pvp, had like 1500 expertise and 2000 max weapon damage, hardly a handicap due to bolster. He got top damage too.
That's cause pve gear is still BiS for pvp.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

SwiftDuck
05.12.2013 , 12:19 AM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Clearly you don't know how stupid you look, though.

And you're proof that believing in something false makes you actually think it is true.

Funny that skill matters in PvP right now. At this very moment -- I've NEVER seen PvP as balanced as it is. Does that mean they should stop working on it? Absolutely not. But 99% of games I've been in recently have actually been 50/50 and difficult fights.

Pre-2.0 -- I knew within the first 5 minutes who would win. Because being hit by smash once shouldn't kill me.
LOL i dont know what game you have been playing but pvp is far from skill now. Someone who can come in with 55 blues will rape ANYONE with anykind of pvp gear. Because of bolster.

SwiftDuck
05.12.2013 , 12:24 AM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
What you need to be doing is grinding for pve gear, because right now it is better than pvp gear.
This is a huge problem. WHy is there even PVP gear if PVE gear is better in warzones..at this point pvp gear is good for open world pvp but in a PVE server....really? So stupid.

Velcus
05.12.2013 , 02:51 AM | #327
/signed

Hmille
05.12.2013 , 03:07 AM | #328
/signed
bolster is a joke

Arox
05.12.2013 , 03:10 AM | #329
Bolster only serves to give people who havent leveled up or earned pvp gear an advantage.

/signed

Xeraz
05.12.2013 , 11:47 AM | #330
I hate bolster
"Who I am is not important, my message is."