Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

islander
05.10.2013 , 10:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
This footage is from a match this past week. When i get less than 30 meters away from the goal line I get the stunfest of my life. Over a minute of roots and stuns until I can finally score.

Stunball | The Roots Strike Back
Pass the ball to the open receiver. You had two chance within the first 30 seconds. Marauder/Warrior at the 11 second mark, and the same guy is open again at the 27/28 second mark.
Not to mention failing at intercede.

and where is the rest of your fail team? Clearly not clearing out all those guys holding you in place throughout the video. probably off on the side 3 on 1ing some guy who's laughing his butt off at being able to keep three simpletons busy away from the ball.

Seriously, outside of the healer, the rest of your team should be embarrassed at that pathetic display of teamwork. You literally forced your way through their entire team the last 15 second of the clip.

Nothing wrong with the game, only things wrong with your own inability to hit the pass button to the open receiver mid way through the video, and the rest of your team's inability to clear space for you with CC.

Don't blame the game because you can't complete a pass 20 meters away, or conversely, the rest of your non-healing support team sucks at huttball.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

PoliteAssasin
05.10.2013 , 10:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Pass the ball to the open receiver, dimwit. You had two chance within the first 30 seconds. The second you failed at your intercede or whatever. Again, user error.

and where is the rest of your fail team? Clearly not clearing out all those guys holding you in place.

Nothing wrong with the game, only things wrong with your own inability to hit the pass button to the open reciver mid way through the video, and the rest of your team's inability to clear space for you with CC.

Don't blame the game because you are all terrible.
You call him a dimwit, but I guess you're brain is just overloading too much from your higher level of understanding to realize that if he were to pass it off that squishy carnage sentinel would have been put through the exact same hell Myrm was, except he wouldn't have survived. Please try to think over what you post before you post it, and apply a little critical thinking to whats going on in the match before you blindly criticize others, and wind up looking clueless. Then again I guess a pro like you wouldn't have been susceptible to those roots though. POT 5 seems to have the best trolls lately. I'll give you guys that.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 11:00 PM | #23
Pass the ball to the open receiver. You had two chance within the first 30 seconds. Marauder/Warrior at the 11 second mark, and the same guy is open again at the 27/28 second mark.
Not to mention failing at intercede.

and where is the rest of your fail team? Clearly not clearing out all those guys holding you in place throughout the video. probably off on the side 3 on 1ing some guy who's laughing his butt off at being able to keep three simpletons busy away from the ball.

Seriously, outside of the healer, the rest of your team should be embarrassed at that pathetic display of teamwork. You literally forced your way through their entire team the last 15 second of the clip.

Nothing wrong with the game, only things wrong with your own inability to hit the pass button to the open receiver mid way through the video, and the rest of your team's inability to clear space for you with CC.

Don't blame the game because you can't complete a pass 20 meters away, or conversely, the rest of your non-healing support team sucks at huttball.
LMAO someones mad

EDIT: Oh and I was in a 4 man premade. The healer was healing me and the other two dps were at mid waiting to pick the ball up. I dont know how you do it on PIT 5 oh i mean POT 5 but over on Begeren we like to score the ball AND pick it up on reset too

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
POT 5 seems to have the best trolls lately. I'll give you guys that.
He's no copperfield!
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

AdrianDmitruk
05.10.2013 , 11:03 PM | #24
Islander, his healers were behind him. BEHIND. If he'd passed to Mallo instead of interceding to him at the beginning, Mallo would've been violated and poked with sharp pointy objects by the respawn in short order. The healers could not have reached Mallo in time to save him.

By the time he (edit to clarify: Myrmio) gets out of his first stunlock, Mallo was swarmed by the spawn so an interception would've been very likely.

He arguably could've passed to Sabina (full health) at one point, but Sabina dropped down so that pass would've been incomplete. Mallo was at half health with a bunch of enemy leapers in the pit waiting to jump to him had Myrmio passed to him.

Did I mention that I was in vent with him at the time so he KNEW I would be coming into the pit to keep him up?

But hey, let's not let this interfere with Islander's Monday morning quarterbacking. Monday morning quarterbacking is FUN!
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher | Darrien-Veng Juggernaut
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 11:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Islander, his healers were behind him. BEHIND. If he'd passed to Mallo instead of interceding to him at the beginning, Mallo would've been violated and poked with sharp pointy objects by the respawn in short order. The healers could not have reached Mallo in time to save him.

By the time he gets out of his first stunlock, Mallo was swarmed by the spawn so an interception would've been very likely.

He arguably could've passed to Sabina (full health) at one point, but Sabina dropped down so that pass would've been incomplete. Mallo was at half health with a bunch of enemy leapers in the pit waiting to jump to him had Myrmio passed to him.

Did I mention that I was in vent with him at the time so he KNEW I would be coming into the pit to keep him up?

But hey, let's not let this interfere with Islander's Monday morning quarterbacking. Monday morning quarterbacking is FUN!
some people are armchair generals, others are armchair coaches

islander
05.10.2013 , 11:06 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
You call him a dimwit, but I guess you're brain is just overloading too much from your higher level of understanding to realize that if he were to pass it off that squishy carnage sentinel would have been put through the exact same hell Myrm was, except he wouldn't have survived. Please try to think over what you post before you post it, and apply a little critical thinking to whats going on in the match before you blindly criticize others, and wind up looking clueless. Then again I guess a pro like you wouldn't have been susceptible to those roots though. POT 5 seems to have the best trolls lately. I'll give you guys that.
Carnage sentinel? Funny, I thought you were Imperials.

Still, that squishy marauder has, for all I know, predation, undying rage, and his cc breaker all available. Doesn't exempt him from being roped by a trooper back into the pit. Yeah, he'd be screwed then. Otherwise, he scores if he's not terrible.

Of course, if he doesn't - and you KNOW this somehow, then yeah, passing would be pointless.

PoliteAssasin
05.10.2013 , 11:09 PM | #27

Still, that squishy marauder has, for all I know, predation, undying rage, and his cc breaker all available. Doesn't exempt him from being roped by a trooper back into the pit. Yeah, he'd be screwed then. Otherwise, he scores if he's not terrible.

Of course, if he doesn't - and you KNOW this somehow, then yeah, passing would be pointless.
I played pub side the majority of my dual wielding days, and recently moved imp side. Get the terminology mixed up, sue me. Hopefully a pro like you would get the point, but I'm beginning to think thats too far of an assumption for me to make.

Predation, undying rage, and cc breakers would not have saved that marauder who was barely hanging on to his life as it is. Did you not watch the video to see what the tank was put through? How many times his resolve bar was whited? He used his CC breaker, and that didn't help him. Again, post something actually constructive and relevant to the video rather than troll please.

^ and LOL well put Andy.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

islander
05.10.2013 , 11:10 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post

By the time he (edit to clarify: Myrmio) gets out of his first stunlock, Mallo was swarmed by the spawn so an interception would've been very likely.

Yeah, not sure what Sabina was thinking when he dropped down, but hey, mistakes happen, we all make them.

and no, obviously if the guy is certain he's going to be safe with the ball no matter what, of COURSE you keep it then.

Monday morning QBing is almost as fun as QQing about CC's in this game

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 11:11 PM | #29

I'm sorry maybe next time I should ask him in ops chat if he has all of those available CC breaker will work on one stun/root, what will he do next? Predation doesn't free you from stuns/roots. Undying rage would have given him 5 seconds of immunity. I had to tank that ball for over a minute. I know people think maras/sents are OP but they really aren't.

anything else coach?

PoliteAssasin
05.10.2013 , 11:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
I'm sorry maybe next time I should ask him in ops chat if he has all of those available CC breaker will work on one stun/root, what will he do next? Predation doesn't free you from stuns/roots. Undying rage would have given him 5 seconds of immunity. I had to tank that ball for over a minute. I know people think maras/sents are OP but they really aren't.

anything else coach?

POT 5 players have "leet" marauders who can pop guarded for 1 minute.