Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aim or Power augments for PvE Combat Medic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Aim or Power augments for PvE Combat Medic?

05.08.2013 , 06:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
Force Might/Unnatural Might increases Bonus Healing by 5%, not Power. In other words, it's closer to 17 Bonus Healing per point of Aim vs 18 for Power.
Congratulations you just said exactly what I said. Clearly you did not read past the first sentence.
Affliction Guild Master Affliction Guild Website
Omnipøtent - Carnage Marauder
Omnipresent - Medicine Operative
Omniscient - Darkness Assassin

05.10.2013 , 06:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Talonwk View Post
Congratulations you just said exactly what I said. Clearly you did not read past the first sentence.
Not exactly. Aim contributes to bonus healing as well, so they both get boosted by the same %.

Assuming the numbers written some posts above, the advantage power has over aim in bonus healing goes from 4.7 to 4.9, not 9:
(76.2*1.05) - (71.5*1.05)= 4.935.

In a pool of (easily obtainable) 900 healing power that's a +0.55% improvement, which translates to less than that in terms of additional healing done.

For a healer, surge around 70% base shouldn't be a problem, and now ALL heals have a +15% surge bonus, meaning that the bare minimum multiplier is 85% (though I think 90% and higher should be well within reach even without leaving alacrity out). On average, that 1.19% crit chance translates to an overall healing improvement of +1.0115%, which increases for any point of multiplier you get over 85%.

So aim augments will grant about twice as much healing output bonus than power, albeit dependent on randomness. In the end, even though aim is definitely superior, as far as math goes, the difference is so small that the pure randomness of any encounter will make the point moot.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

05.10.2013 , 05:04 PM | #13
For anyone who's keen on seeing the backing math, I wrote a bit about this in the DPS forums: post

The most surge you can get without augments is +77%, or 1.92 multiplier on crits after specced surge.

With 720 points in surge, you'd want all aim augs and about 104 points in crit. With less points in surge, you want to approach 52 crit, but aim augs are still superior to power augs.