Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adwynyth
05.10.2013 , 02:27 AM | #3161
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Adwynyth, Watcher Two does say that Imperial Intelligence does encourage bonding. Love that you worked in her name. Love that the four of them can enjoy some down time between crises.
Thankee! Those ladies work hard...they have to play hard sometimes, too. Nyr had a hell of a time getting away from the men (and homicidal AIs) long enough for a "girls' night out".

Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
@ Adwynyth: "Eyeribbon" I love the name. It sounds so much prettier than "mask" or "band'. I know it was a minor detail in the story, but I thought it was a clever invention. I have to agree with Watcher Two/Keeper--it's weird enough for a blind person to be applying eyeshadow to eyes that aren't there, even weirder to be doing it "looking" at a wall.
Well, instead of an elaborate thing or a pair of faux-sunglasses, I envisioned just a shimmery piece of fabric, just wide enough and opaque enough to do the job, but dainty enough to look entirely feminine, especially when tied around the back of the head with a bow.

And her reasons for wearing makeup are entirely valid to her, and the style works too. After all, with her usual mask, she does look like she's wearing stylishly brief sunglasses.

Quote: Originally Posted by marissalf View Post
Adwynyth, Eeee! Girl time with the agent crew <3 And you captured their personalities so well.
Thankee! That's what I aim for, first and foremost: am I capturing the character? Good to know they're at least recognizable.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

bright_ephemera
05.10.2013 , 06:21 AM | #3162
marissalf, that was utterly wonderful. I love Vector's voice. In your story, I mean. That sly humor and then the awesome support and everything.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
05.10.2013 , 09:07 AM | #3163
Week of 5/10/2013
Planes, Trains, and Thrantamobiles - It's a big galaxy out there and we all have to get around somehow. Our characters encounter ticketing, hyperspace calculations, docking fees, late-running rides and more on ships, banthas, landspeeders, thrantas, troop transports, tauntauns, and/or whatever improvised modes of transportation they can get. Write about your character's transportation experience.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
05.10.2013 , 10:28 AM | #3164
Wynston’s Transportation, set sometime during Act 1. 300 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

YoshiRaphElan
05.10.2013 , 01:13 PM | #3165
Prompt - Planes, Trains, and Thrantamobiles
Title - One of Those Days
Class - Smuggler
No spoilers

Spoiler

Tatile
05.10.2013 , 04:19 PM | #3166
Yoshi, you have to admit, he did kind of deserve that.

Bright - Wynston with 18 hours and nothing to do? I'd be worried, but he's probably trying to figure out the hyperspace routes of Watcher Two's curves. Also, Nalenne's shoes, I was reminded of these at the end.

Irish - Really like your Rylee, confident, a bit mischievous, not afraid to speak her mind and very caring. And, bless, the little story! Those two do seem to be rather infatuated

Marissalf - Kinka does seem to have had some long, great suffering in her past. It's nice that she and Vector can have some happiness <3

irishfino
05.10.2013 , 10:10 PM | #3167
Replies!
Spoiler

Story!

NotLP: First Impressions
Characters: Geltie and Rylee
Spoilers as to who the End-game boss is.

Odds of Hope
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

marissalf
05.11.2013 , 08:52 AM | #3168
marissalf, that was utterly wonderful. I love Vector's voice. In your story, I mean. That sly humor and then the awesome support and everything.
Thank you! The agent has a lot of demons in her past, and Vector’s such a calming influence for her. I hate to think how she’d react if something happened to him. (Though that might make a good What If? some time.)

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Marissalf - Kinka does seem to have had some long, great suffering in her past. It's nice that she and Vector can have some happiness <3
The poor girl needed something nice in her life. She does have some darkness there, which I will totally get to writing...eventually.

Yoshi, That’s gotta hurt, Dankin getting busted for speeding, considering all the other nefarious things smugglers get involved in. And it’s no surprise Corso would be in heaven in a place like that.

Bright, Love the banter between Wynston and Watcher Two. I get the impression he’d be able to wear her down eventually if he really wanted to.

Irishfino, I loved this! It was nice to see Rylee’s evolving impression of Geltie, from skepticism to infatuation to this point where she’s got faith in him that comes from genuine affection rather than because she’s part of his cult. The whole thing was just so lovely and romantic.

bright_ephemera
05.11.2013 , 09:42 AM | #3169
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Also, Nalenne's shoes, I was reminded of these at the end.
Headcanon accepted!

Quote: Originally Posted by marissalf View Post
Bright, Love the banter between Wynston and Watcher Two. I get the impression he’d be able to wear her down eventually if he really wanted to.
In my headcanon he never does. The over-the-top advances and cold responses started when she was just another beautiful but racist supervisor with an incurable superiority complex who deserved to be nudged out of her royal comfort zone and he was just an uppity unwashed alien who needed to be put in his place; as mutual respect was earned the verbal dynamic just never changed and it was understood that the physical dynamic would never change, either. (She does, for all that she respects and eventually likes him, find him thoroughly physically unattractive.) It’s the most platonic sexual harassment situation Wynston’s ever gotten himself into, and oddly enough, he likes it.

Now, Transportation: Tauntaun Roundup. Assorted characters react to some point on Hoth where they’re obliged to use tauntaun mounts.

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

YoshiRaphElan
05.11.2013 , 10:05 AM | #3170
Nalenne
Wheeeeeeee!
Yes.