Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*protest for bolster removal*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
*protest for bolster removal*

islander
05.10.2013 , 11:20 AM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by VaioStreams View Post
really? nothing? so either you're someone who is really bad and relies on their gear or you actually have no idea what you're talking about. hard work is learning and understanding your class. Lazy is gear reliant. I hate to inform you, but you're that lazy one.
Wow, you really believe that, don't you. I guess if you believe something false long enough, it becomes truth.
You really have no idea how stupid you look right now...do you?
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

BalphoWan
05.10.2013 , 11:27 AM | #312
/signed

Bolster sucks.

psybernetic
05.10.2013 , 12:17 PM | #313
I can see arguments for taking it out of ranked, but rather than remove it from everything else, fix it. Bolster is an excellent concept that just needs the kinks worked out so that it works as intended.
Psychedelic ViolenceXCrime of Visual Shock
Spice must flow.
Vorbis voce Imperatoris loquitur.
Nocturnus sum.

Kilora
05.10.2013 , 12:46 PM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Wow, you really believe that, don't you. I guess if you believe something false long enough, it becomes truth.
You really have no idea how stupid you look right now...do you?
Clearly you don't know how stupid you look, though.

And you're proof that believing in something false makes you actually think it is true.

Funny that skill matters in PvP right now. At this very moment -- I've NEVER seen PvP as balanced as it is. Does that mean they should stop working on it? Absolutely not. But 99% of games I've been in recently have actually been 50/50 and difficult fights.

Pre-2.0 -- I knew within the first 5 minutes who would win. Because being hit by smash once shouldn't kill me.

Technohic
05.10.2013 , 12:51 PM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post

And you're proof that believing in something false makes you actually think it is true.

Funny that skill matters in PvP right now. At this very moment -- I've NEVER seen PvP as balanced as it is. Does that mean they should stop working on it? Absolutely not. But 99% of games I've been in recently have actually been 50/50 and difficult fights.

Pre-2.0 -- I knew within the first 5 minutes who would win. Because being hit by smash once shouldn't kill me.
Wait. i thought he was talking about people wrongly thinking PvP was about skil in sub-55 (or sub-50 pre 2.0) due to no gear imbalance? In that case; he is absolutely right in both versions as they both have AT LEAST the same gear disparity if someone games the system right. The only difference is; in max level PvP, at least everyone has all their abilities, which can't be said sub-max.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

August_moon
05.10.2013 , 01:18 PM | #316
/signed

Remove it from 55 WZs. With bolster PVP died for me.
I'm waiting for TESO...

Jadescythe
05.10.2013 , 01:23 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post

Claims sub 55 PvP takes skill

Not sure if trolling, or seriously misguided...
I have opinions and stuff

islander
05.10.2013 , 01:25 PM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Claims sub 55 PvP takes skill

Not sure if trolling, or seriously misguided...
I'm thinking seriously misguided, but who knows. I could be getting trolled too. When I think about all of the "pvp heroes" who intentionally don't level cap to beat on the weaker levels though...
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Xeraz
05.10.2013 , 06:56 PM | #319
How dare this fall off the first page.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

HaLeX
05.10.2013 , 11:13 PM | #320
Pvp just blows now. I have zero incentive to grind out wz's because the gear means nothing. The pvp in this game is starting to feel like a mini raid. I'm playing an alt atm hoping things get better, but I'm not sure how long that will keep me busy. Pre 55 is still ok, but 55 is just not very good.
Stannis of House Baratheon, First of His Name, The One True King!!!
Lord of Dragonstone - Warrior of Light - Master of Ships (formerly)
King of The Andals and The First(claimant) Protector of the Realm (claimant)
GatorNation GatorCountry POT5