Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

tigerico
12.21.2011 , 02:05 PM | #21
Good info. Thanks

FunkTroll
12.21.2011 , 02:07 PM | #22
well done, cheers!

edit: I want to say that resolve will prevent a BH grapple as well.

astrocyte
12.21.2011 , 02:11 PM | #23
I still don't understand why you shouldn't use your cc breaker for the first sun. Can't you just then ride out your second stun and get immunity at that time, instead?
█||||||||()█Ξ█████████████████████████████)

Aghar
12.21.2011 , 02:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by astrocyte View Post
I still don't understand why you shouldn't use your cc breaker for the first sun. Can't you just then ride out your second stun and get immunity at that time, instead?
against an inexperienced player maybe, but you want to maximize your stun immunity, and a a good player is going to pop everything they can when they lay that second stun on you, so you want to be able to fight back.

astrocyte
12.21.2011 , 02:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aghar View Post
against an inexperienced player maybe, but you want to maximize your stun immunity, and a a good player is going to pop everything they can when they lay that second stun on you, so you want to be able to fight back.
But they could just as easily "pop everything" during the first stun duration.
█||||||||()█Ξ█████████████████████████████)

EternalFinality
12.21.2011 , 02:20 PM | #26
The CC Breaker is on too long a cooldown, and not available to be used "at the right time" in each fight. If it's on cooldown - you're screwed. Even when not on cooldown, you're less screwed in the way you described.

But the CC breaker ability is NOT the solution to the general CC problem. Not with the length of the cooldown it has.

Brullig
12.21.2011 , 02:21 PM | #27
Do all stuns contribute the same amount to the bar?
Do all mezz contribute the same amount to the bar?
How much is contributed by each of these?

Will a full resolve (immunity-level) bar prevent knockbacks?
Do knockbacks contribute to the resolve bar?

DarthOvertone
12.21.2011 , 02:23 PM | #28
Firstly, to the OP...awesome post! That Post should be stickied.

Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
But the CC breaker ability is NOT the solution to the general CC problem. Not with the length of the cooldown it has.
This is true. Even with the Resolve system, assuming it's working as intended, which could very well not be the case, the CC breaker cooldown is too long. The cd needs to be reduced to 45s, or maybe even 30s.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Lymain
12.21.2011 , 02:25 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Brullig View Post
Will a full resolve (immunity-level) bar prevent knockbacks?
Do knockbacks contribute to the resolve bar?
Yes, and yes.

I'm not 100% sure how to answer your other questions - hopefully someone else can.

Aghar
12.21.2011 , 02:26 PM | #30
yes they could but you should already have a defensive cd poped prior to the first cc, if your sitation followed his overview its all about the situation and being aware of your surroundings, sometimes you will want to blow your break on the first stun, but usually you will want to use it on the second stun to maximize your immunity.