Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Swaption
05.10.2013 , 03:48 AM | #111
Maybe he was trying to be nice and not pull threat?
Kgu - Sniper | Kzg - Mercenary | K-g - Marauder

Nkya
05.10.2013 , 04:15 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
So, I just finish the run compensating for them, then put them on Ignore.

Then they start a thread on the forums asking why their DPS queue takes forever.
Or they will queue as Healer...

And you don't want to see a healer jumping on mobs before the tank or even the assigned DPS. The tank struggling for life when trying to fix the mess. I endured this few time.

KenseiMahou
05.10.2013 , 04:21 AM | #113
I did a 50 HM FP with a dps scoundrel in fully modded level 53 strength gear today.

It was glorious. Bet his blaster whip hit like a truck.
I have one of every class and play them all. I give up on this class signature thing.

wishingwell
05.10.2013 , 04:33 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
Or they will queue as Healer...
I have actually seen the opposite -- a healer (Commando) queued as DPS, who kept healing even when the whole group was within 5% of full health and in no danger whatsoever. I've also seen this where a person was apparently trying to dual-box (they didn't admit to it, but it seemed like it) as a tank and healer combo... needless to say it was pretty awful; after several wipes we finally made it to the end and the tank repeatedly ended up facing away from the boss while the "DPS" kept "accidentally" healing.

Lately though I have to say I'd prefer something like this over the impatient attitude I keep encountering in GF. I actually had a level 55 tank wipe the group in Kaon for no reason because of his impatience. Then he cussed about it and barked at people to hurry up when they were trapped in combat due to his boneheaded decisions. I totally understand the desire to push through stuff but sometimes people are idiots about it.

Nkya
05.10.2013 , 04:52 AM | #115
About weird people, the CC (crowd control) maniacs. They want to use the most CC available on any pack, even sometimes on trash. It might have saved some from a wipe, but it usually slow down the whole run. It become annoying when they CC the Strong in the middle of the pack and frown when you use an Area of Effect power to clean the pull breaking their lovely CC before due time.

Battyone
05.10.2013 , 09:05 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
About weird people, the CC (crowd control) maniacs. They want to use the most CC available on any pack, even sometimes on trash. It might have saved some from a wipe, but it usually slow down the whole run. It become annoying when they CC the Strong in the middle of the pack and frown when you use an Area of Effect power to clean the pull breaking their lovely CC before due time.
Well seeing that you can't use CC on bosses, i'd expect CC to be used on trash. And there are a few packs that it is worth throwing CC onto, e.g. in Mando Raiders those 3rd and 4th pulls pack a punch, and as a healer I appreciate the CC getting thrown out.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

SamuelAU
05.10.2013 , 10:03 AM | #117
Vanguards that think they're RDPS...
Gomerik // Lumbridge
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

bigheadbrandon
05.10.2013 , 11:44 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuelAU View Post
Vanguards that think they're RDPS...
vanguard dps that use full auto

l o l

MGNMTTRN
05.10.2013 , 12:15 PM | #119
I know this isn't a group finder problem, but it's the story of a guy that we ended up being stuck with.

My Imp guild used to be the alt guild of a large Republic guild on the Harbinger. Then we picked up a lot of Imperial players who were leaving another Imperial guild, so now my Imp guild just has a few of the original Republic alts and a lot of strong Imperial players.

One of our republic alts recently got to level 51 as a sniper. Most of us are clearing S&V HM; we picked up the republic alt for EV HM to see how he plays. The whole run, we were noticing that we aren't clearing bosses as quickly as we should, despite most of us being way overgeared and overlevelled.

We see cunning Hazmat earpieces and boots drop, and we notice the Sniper greeds them. I also win the cunning ear with a greed roll. We inspect his gear; he has two str/surge/def implants and an aim/defense/acc ear. I tell him "Hey <name>, want this earpiece? It looks like an upgrade for you."

And he responds "No thanks, the one I'm wearing has more endurance."

We just move on and get to the Infernal Council. He picks up his guy right away, but he's the last one to finish, by a long shot. We all gather to watch him and notice that he's not got any procs or buffs from spec at all; he's just firing plain Snipes and Ambushes with 2.5 second casts. He managed to get to level 51 without knowing that it's possible to spec your skill tree.

We could talk to him and try to help him fix his playstyle, but I think the consensus is that no amount of help will ever make him a viable DPS in S&V HM or any top content.

CyberTronX
05.10.2013 , 01:18 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
vanguard dps that use full auto

l o l
Not gonna lie, before I looked up my rotation, every time I got a dps spot (queued both at low levels) I'd sit at range. That went on till about after hammer station, when I looked things up and realized that um no, I really should be in melee Least I figured it out on my own though :P
"The following statement is false: The previous statement is true.
Welcome to our corner of the Universe." - Anonymous Seefra Denizen CY 10210