Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunnery Commando PvE Guide

Leira_Kheren
05.09.2013 , 02:55 PM | #161
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Doing-It-Right

We already talked about that for a few weeks for mercs. Even if two Underworld SA relics could proc together, every time. The underworld damage proc cerulean nova still beats them. Thus you dont longer need to crack your brain about that... Just go with CN and SA relics...

ArchangelLBC
05.10.2013 , 02:41 AM | #162
I personally just can't get behind the proc damage relics (CN and their ilk). I know on parser they average out to better DPS but honestly given our relatively low hits per GCD (remember mercs get all those off hand hits to get an extra proc) and the fact that a minimal DPS increase over the whole fight is much less important than a large DPS improvement for 30 seconds when you need it (thinking of every soft enrage phase in the game), I'd much rather use a clicky power relic over a CN any day.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

nbayer
05.10.2013 , 07:45 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I personally just can't get behind the proc damage relics (CN and their ilk). I know on parser they average out to better DPS but honestly given our relatively low hits per GCD (remember mercs get all those off hand hits to get an extra proc) and the fact that a minimal DPS increase over the whole fight is much less important than a large DPS improvement for 30 seconds when you need it (thinking of every soft enrage phase in the game), I'd much rather use a clicky power relic over a CN any day.
While I'm sure it's not going to make a huge difference either way. I plan on keeping the damage proc as the constant and swapping the power proc with the power click on fights where there is a burn phase.

I need to do some more testing on it but I have seen a bit of evidence to show that the damage proc is helping to proc the power relic as well making them synergize a bit.

ArchangelLBC
05.10.2013 , 01:17 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
While I'm sure it's not going to make a huge difference either way. I plan on keeping the damage proc as the constant and swapping the power proc with the power click on fights where there is a burn phase.

I need to do some more testing on it but I have seen a bit of evidence to show that the damage proc is helping to proc the power relic as well making them synergize a bit.
I'd like to see that actually. I'd highly consider getting a third relic eventually and actually taking the CN if that's the case. Which, it seems perfectly plausible, and if so you're right that would make them synergize a bit.

-Wnd

jesseleeca
05.12.2013 , 09:12 PM | #165
Slight changes to some impressions. tl;dr: Our dps is just fine when compared to other classes.
30k DR on Kephess is AWESOME!!!
[Prophecy of the Five] <The Crushers>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS/Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 60 Guardian Tank/DPS
Morehots Lvl 60 Scoundrel Healer

ArchangelLBC
05.15.2013 , 12:00 AM | #166
Yes. Yes it is.

-Wnd

SilentKitty
05.16.2013 , 05:07 PM | #167
Wow, what a great thread

I'll swing by here while lvl:ing my trooper. Thanks for putting so much effort into it.

Jue-Bria
05.17.2013 , 04:42 AM | #168
Hi,

I think this thread is really interesting. Thanks to all of you who give me light to almost every doubt that iI had.

I read that you recommend to not raise Critical and leave it to 0. I not understand why. If I'm didn't get it wrong, the critical percentage is the amount of times that a critical impact is done. If I have a 25% 1 of every 4 shots will crit. So would be nice to have at least un 25%, isn't it?

Thanks to all of you.

Cya.

AMightyKnight
05.17.2013 , 05:21 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Jue-Bria View Post
If I'm didn't get it wrong, the critical percentage is the amount of times that a critical impact is done. If I have a 25% 1 of every 4 shots will crit. So would be nice to have at least un 25%, isn't it?
It just means that you have a 25% CHANCE for it to crit. You dont have any guarantees.
Think about it this way: You're randomly drawing one of four different coins out of a bag and put the coin back afterwards. Will you draw one specific coin once if you draw one four times? Possible but not very likely. You always have a chance of 25% percent to draw the specific coin. You might get lucky and draw your coin two, three or even four times. Or you might not draw it at all. Chance doesnt give you a guarantee.
What happens if you draw a coin for thousand times instead of four times? Statistically your odds are pretty good that you'll end up with a draw rate of about 25%.
In SWTOR you need to do the same thing if you want to know if swapping a(nother) crit mod for a power mod would work for you. But obviously no human being could simulate many thousand attack rotations in game. Thatís why Kerens spreadsheet is so helpful. We can just simulate how a minor change affect our dps without the randomness of crit chance by running literary thousands of attacks.

Jue-Bria
05.17.2013 , 05:48 AM | #170
Thanks for you explanation. It's clear as water.

Quote:
In SWTOR you need to do the same thing if you want to know if swapping a(nother) crit mod for a power mod would work for you. But obviously no human being could simulate many thousand attack rotations in game. Thatís why Kerens spreadsheet is so helpful. We can just simulate how a minor change affect our dps without the randomness of crit chance by running literary thousands of attacks.
Where I can get this spreadsheet? I found this Kerens_Arsenal_DPS_v2.0.6.zip but I'm not really sure if the one you are talking about.

Thanks
Cya