Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frontline Medicine: Combat Medic PVP Strategies and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Frontline Medicine: Combat Medic PVP Strategies and Tips

Kickimanjaro
04.03.2013 , 12:57 PM | #31
It occurred to me that I never thanked you for this thread as it helped teach me how to play the Combat Medic that I enjoy so much.

Thanks
Kickimanjaro / Erinaceous / Stimfiend / Stüxnet / Áyrenn / Snipertoon
<Galactic Forces> on Jedi Covenant

Liwilliams
05.06.2013 , 03:54 PM | #32
Quote:
Alacrity - this is a misunderstood stat. As of Update 1.3, all alacrity does (for a healer) is reduce the time needed to channel or activate an ability. It DOES NOT lower your GCD nor does it cause your HoTs to tick more frequently. Stacking too much alacrity actually hurts your ammo regeneration, since you channel faster than you can regenerate!
Is this still true? New to the game, and unsure what all stats do. However, I thought I heard something about this being changed in 2.0.

Thanks!

And thank you so much for the guide. Unbelievably informative!

SpaniardInfinity
05.10.2013 , 07:14 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Liwilliams View Post
Is this still true? New to the game, and unsure what all stats do. However, I thought I heard something about this being changed in 2.0.

Thanks!

And thank you so much for the guide. Unbelievably informative!
You would be correct. Alacrity now lowers your GCD, your channel time, and increases your regeneration rate at the same %. So if you have enough alacrity for a 5% faster channel, your GCD is 5% shorter and you regenerate 5% more ammo in all of the ranges (but the regeneration is less significant in the lower ranges due to the lower numbers).

Hope that helps!

EDIT: The Guide has now been completely updated for 2.0.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

PerinnAybara
08.02.2013 , 07:56 AM | #34
Good guide and all that Jazz. Just wanted to say I like to keep kolto shell on my tank as opposed to myself. One of our highest hps heals.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

SpaniardInfinity
08.12.2013 , 10:29 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
Good guide and all that Jazz. Just wanted to say I like to keep kolto shell on my tank as opposed to myself. One of our highest hps heals.
True, but it in my opinion it depends on your tank and co-healers.

If you've got a good tank and another healer on your team, all you'll realistically need to do is toss the tank one heal every so often (in combination with the other healer) and they're good to go. So at that point, I usually keep Trauma Probe/Kolto Shell on whoever is taking more damage -- myself (usually) or the other healer.

And I know it may sound blasphemous -- but I like having Trauma Probe on my self for Frontline Medic. No, it won't save your life in a 1v3 but that extra tick of Trauma Probe by just managing my ammo with Hammershot can help take the edge off. (To me, the difference is clear. When I do duels without Frontline Medic I die in under 30 seconds. When I do them with Frontline Medic, I can usually get two Reactive Shields off meaning I can last more than 2 minutes against the same DPS. Obviously this is limited to 1v1s or light DPS 1v2s, but these do come up time to time in PVP. Besides, you have to put the two points there, might as well use it).
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

TheSupaCoopa
10.23.2013 , 03:14 PM | #36
Are you able to make a PvE guide? I really enjoy playing as a Commando, and WZ's aren't really my style(I just can't stand the imbalanced classes)
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Plicitous
10.27.2013 , 12:01 PM | #37
Just wanted to drop in and say how much I appreciate you taking the time to put this together. I just made the transition to Combat Medic and this guide is invaluable.

K_osss
11.04.2013 , 10:54 AM | #38
Darn impressive write up SpaniardInfinity, thanks! I've played mostly JK but have a commando and this guide is a great primer for me!

vadess
03.16.2014 , 07:17 PM | #39
I'm curious: When do commandos get Hammer Shot? Is it in the medic tree?
Have 7 days subscription, and a free character transfer on me: http://www.swtor.com/r/yM6Njk

Oxidsed
03.18.2014 , 08:37 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
I'm curious: When do commandos get Hammer Shot? Is it in the medic tree?
Hammer shot is a base ability you get at Level 1. Combat Support Cell is what gives your hammershot the abilitiy to heal allies. You get it at L14, it is an ability, it is not a talent. This is the cell that should be equipped at all times if you are healing and putting points in the medic tree.
Should be spamming hammer shot inbetween other skills whenever you are not doing anything else, it is free, but lowest priority ability.