Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where's all this talk of 40k+ HP coming from?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Where's all this talk of 40k+ HP coming from?

Taleek
04.26.2013 , 10:08 AM | #1
I keep seeing people post on the forums that a min/maxed tank in 2.0 is going to have like 40k+ HP and I'm really not sure where all this talk is coming from. Is it even possible to get that much endurance, and if so, why would you want to?
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Never_Hesitate
04.26.2013 , 10:12 AM | #2
it's easily possible but imo that's far from min/maxed.
The tanks with 40k hp (i have 35k at the moment and have thrown out a lot of endurance) have neglected all other tank stats to maximize their endurance

(i'm currently only talking about the juggernaut, the assa should be able to get his stats up and have that much life)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

veyl
04.26.2013 , 10:13 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Taleek View Post
I keep seeing people post on the forums that a min/maxed tank in 2.0 is going to have like 40k+ HP and I'm really not sure where all this talk is coming from. Is it even possible to get that much endurance, and if so, why would you want to?
Stacking endurance augs, they can probably make it, but that would sacrifice a lot of mitigation as a trade off.

Taleek
04.26.2013 , 10:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
it's easily possible but imo that's far from min/maxed.
The tanks with 40k hp (i have 35k at the moment and have thrown out a lot of endurance) have neglected all other tank stats to maximize their endurance
That's what I thought, thanks. So these people are silly like I thought :P
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Atramar
04.26.2013 , 10:14 AM | #5
could you please post links to those topics?
fully HP augmented for endurance and maxed endurance but minimal tank stats doesnt count
unless you only want to go pvp 'extra healers hp pool'
14 endu augments = 32 endu * 14 = 448 extra endurance, so briefly, when tank normally would have 36k hp, he will get about 41k

don't judge tank by his hp!
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Panzerfire
04.26.2013 , 10:24 AM | #6
It's hard to say since tanks will jump up in health as they get the high endurance 69 gear and then drop down a bit with the 72 gear. I think that you can do all the new content with 35k as long as you use the correct cooldowns, of yours you can have 1 high health tank and 1 high mitigation tank in your raid but lets hope that content won't evolve into that.

KeyboardNinja
04.26.2013 , 03:54 PM | #7
I'm already in the mid-36k range with my HP as a mitigation-itemized shadow tank. Part of this comes from the fact that shadows use the 31B mods, which gives us a lot more endurance than the other tanks in our best-in-slot builds. Once I'm fully geared up, it wouldn't surprise me if I was over 38k HP. 40k would almost certainly require augmenting for endurance, which would be a mistake.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

Grumpftard
04.26.2013 , 03:55 PM | #8
Granted, I am currently a ways from being properly min/max'd on my Sin.
But at the rate in which things are going, it's looking like a properly min/max'd Sin will probably be in the neighborhood of about 38k.
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

Ranasi
04.27.2013 , 11:14 AM | #9
Yea my Shadow in mostly 69s with 2 piece of 66 gear has 37k HP. so i could see 40K + being doable with all 69s and a few endurance augments + datacrons (fleet and maceb too). Also including the large increase in endurance stims got going from exotec to nano, its entirely doable.

Padheannis
05.10.2013 , 06:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
Stacking endurance augs, they can probably make it, but that would sacrifice a lot of mitigation as a trade off.

On my Juggernaut tank, I have 18% defense, 38% shield and 38% absorb. I have an armor rating of 9478, and after i get into my rotation, im at 52% damage reduction. I am currently not augmented at all (actually in Vanilla swtor augments for shield/absorb.) Im fairly close to fully modded out in 72 armor/mod/enhancements. Having said this, with my fortitude stim on, im at 39,548 hp. The other tank in our raid (sin tank, pretty much equally geared and better itemized) has 41,824 hp with a fortitude stim on. On the PTS, my juggernaut had almost 41k hp and our sin tank had almost 43k hp, and neither of us had a single augment nor were we even close to properly itemized.

I realize that my shield/absorb is fairly low, but im going to be augmenting for those stats, you get entirely enough Endurance from the mods. I also have yet to get the +10 Endurance datacron from Makeb