Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have G13 Gamepad... should I get Razor Naga Mouse for Healing Efficiently?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Have G13 Gamepad... should I get Razor Naga Mouse for Healing Efficiently?

Atheana
12.21.2011 , 12:27 PM | #11
I use a Naga. The bottom rows are the standard 1 to =(12), the next ones up are SHIFT+1 to SHIFT+12. The right side bar is number hot keyed to ALT+1 - ALT+12 for heals and self buffs and the left side bar is CTRL+1 - CTRL+12 for those abilities. Click Scroll Wheel is to look behind you, and the two "Button 4/5" on the left mouse bottom are for auto run/stop. I also hot keyed the marks using CTRL+Button4/CTRL+Button5, SHIFT+Button4/SHIFT+Button5, ALT+Button4/ALT+Button5.

If you find a way to fill every slot with something, skills, heals, stims, buffs, marks, armor switch, weapon switch you'll have 48 boxes. You can bind all 48 to the Naga with the standard row 1-12, CTRL+1 - CTRL+12, SHIFT+1 - SHIFT+12, ALT+1 - ALT+12.

Once you get used to using your thumb to press all 12 of the buttons, it's a cakewalk. Started using with Aion. Now I can't imagine playing a MMO w/o my Naga.

dende
12.21.2011 , 12:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Atheana View Post
I use a Naga. The bottom rows are the standard 1 to =(12), the next ones up are SHIFT+1 to SHIFT+12. The right side bar is number hot keyed to ALT+1 - ALT+12 for heals and self buffs and the left side bar is CTRL+1 - CTRL+12 for those abilities. Click Scroll Wheel is to look behind you, and the two "Button 4/5" on the left mouse bottom are for auto run/stop. I also hot keyed the marks using CTRL+Button4/CTRL+Button5, SHIFT+Button4/SHIFT+Button5, ALT+Button4/ALT+Button5.

If you find a way to fill every slot with something, skills, heals, stims, buffs, marks, armor switch, weapon switch you'll have 48 boxes. You can bind all 48 to the Naga with the standard row 1-12, CTRL+1 - CTRL+12, SHIFT+1 - SHIFT+12, ALT+1 - ALT+12.

Once you get used to using your thumb to press all 12 of the buttons, it's a cakewalk. Started using with Aion. Now I can't imagine playing a MMO w/o my Naga.
Ohh that is so true you can drop the G13 easily but those keys on the mouse are the best idea since sliced bread ヽ(▽`)/
--- May your blade be swift, your blaster accurate and your credits abundant. ---

TempestasSilva
12.21.2011 , 12:41 PM | #13
I play with a G13 and Naga. I love the flexibility. That being said, there are SO MANY options. Several people have brought up good ones whcih you should consider. I will bring up one that has not been mentioned. While I have not tried it, I see keybinds for switching bars. So You should be able to load up your DPS options in one bar, and your healing options in another and then switch bars back and forth at will. Think of it in terms of a DPS stance and a healing stance and you have a key bind that switches them. I plan to play with it, I have not yet.

Edit: Oh and you I'd give up the Naga before the G13. Using the stick for forward/back/strafe R&L and the mouse to turn gives me unrivaled freedom of movement without taking up good locations for keybinds.

Zellot
12.21.2011 , 02:15 PM | #14
I'll never give up the G13.. i love the thumbstick too much to every go back to anything else.

I want a mouse to supplement the G13 not to replace it. I did some research, so I think i'm going to get the G700 instead of the Razor Naga.....

G700 looks perfect for healing....