Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant subsecribe, you wont take my card, first time ever that i encunter this

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Cant subsecribe, you wont take my card, first time ever that i encunter this

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khellendros
12.21.2011 , 02:08 PM | #81
I have the same problem. Red Zone.

i tried to complete the subscrition a few times, i tried different subscription plans,and i also tried to write the address as it appears on cc bill..etc. If they charge them all i have already paid for like 2 years of game time

I hope they will fix it soon.

Xaryell
12.21.2011 , 02:12 PM | #82 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

We are aware that some of you are experiencing issues when trying to set up your payment method for a subscription, and are receiving an error such as: “We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one.”

We would first appreciate it if you could try the following to see if it resolves your issue:
  1. Clear the cookies from your browser cache. You can visit the following link for a guide on how to delete your cookies: http://www.aboutcookies.org/
    (Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for content on any external websites.)

2. Ensure that you are using an up-to-date web browser. We recommend using 32-bit Internet Explorer 8+ or Firefox 6+. These browsers can be downloaded from the following links:
  3. After checking the above, please try to set up the subscription once more.

If the issue is still occurring for you after trying the above steps, then to assist us with investigating this matter we would appreciate it if you email support@swtor.com with the following information:
  1. The subject 'Credit Card Subscription Issue'
  2. Your current location
  3. Is the credit card under your own name?
  4. Type of credit card
  5. How many times you have attempted to create a subscription using the above card
We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Gelos
12.21.2011 , 02:14 PM | #83
Thread got a Goldie RESPONSE!! We Got a GOLDIE RESPONSE!!

TalonImhotep
12.21.2011 , 07:24 PM | #84
Actually, I contacted my bank today about this. They see declined charges for $1.00(verification hold). They explained to me its because the payee is out of the country. Unfortunately, I have no idea which country they are in. From what I understand you have to get the entire country added to your 'happy list' for your bank. (and you have to make sure to tell them its permanent otherwise they will only approve it for the first billing cycle as if it were a one time transaction.)

Please advise,
Talon

prisbot
12.21.2011 , 07:27 PM | #85
I am also having this issue. I bought a prepaid American Express card specifically for the purpose of activating my sub for this game. I even added extra money beyond the first months sub fees to make sure there would not be any problems. I have deleted all cookies as requested in the above gold post, but the error is still there. I also tried both Mozilla FireFox and Internet Explorer. I appreciate all the hard work that it takes to launch a game such as this, but I will still be disappointed if I cannot play due to things that are only in the suppliers control.
"Cake or Death?...Cake Please!...Sorry we are all out of that. We didn't know there would be such a rush!" Eddie Izzard

Mechavomit
12.21.2011 , 08:26 PM | #86
Same problem here. VISA Classic.
Tried Visa Delta, didn't work.

I'm a Red Zoner, if it makes a difference.

Raffoozle
12.21.2011 , 09:03 PM | #87
Same here. Tried with my Paypal and Debit. Still wont work

captaindonut
12.21.2011 , 09:12 PM | #88
While I appreciate that you guys are looking into this, please keep in mind that we are all having our subscriptions shut off for reasons beyond our control. This will also cost us a few days worth of the 30 day playtime that comes with the game that we paid for, while you guys look into and fix this issue.

While asking for 'free days' would be unreasonable in this case, I hope that you move quickly to fix this to minimize our time loss.

Darth_Victus
12.21.2011 , 09:17 PM | #89
Greeting,

I am Protocol Droid W4-Z6 of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding setting up subcription for your account. We apologize for the inconvinience.

I have checked your account and it says that your were able to subscribe for the 30 day game play. Subscription starts at December 22, 2011 to January 21, 2012.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W4-Z6 (aka Daniel)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

This is an email I got just a few minutes ago. I hope it is true.

I checked my subscription but nothing shows up still. So who knows.

Ashilyn
12.21.2011 , 10:35 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Victus View Post
Greeting,

I am Protocol Droid W4-Z6 of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding setting up subcription for your account. We apologize for the inconvinience.

I have checked your account and it says that your were able to subscribe for the 30 day game play. Subscription starts at December 22, 2011 to January 21, 2012.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W4-Z6 (aka Daniel)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

This is an email I got just a few minutes ago. I hope it is true.

I checked my subscription but nothing shows up still. So who knows.
Even if it's wrong, I would love to at least get an email like that. I put in a CS email about it as soon as the goldie post went up, and still haven't heard back, and the grace period ends in less than a half hour, and I can't really just run out and get a game time card because no one actually seems to have them (despite websites saying otherwise), and neither of my cards has quite enough on them atm for a digital one :\ I can't help but feel like I'm getting rather screwed here, plunking down $60 for a game at launch just to not be able to play it because the awful service they went with won't take my cards.