Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Celise
05.07.2013 , 01:47 AM | #91
was in BT FP NM as a level 12, someone was asking the team to skip the conversations, just before the introduction of the droid where 1 other player was not cooperating, i was vote kicked for some reason and booted out moments later. i had no idea why. but besides that highly questionable use of the vote kick system. I joined another FP and got on with it.

sometimes i run across the odd person who forgets that they should be dealing with the sabotage droid and heads for the elevator in the middle. others fail to realize the bonus droid before Yadira and wonder off to kill their own target leaving me to pick up the pieces. yeah, so some things i have seen are silly others are like a bad embarassing memory that should be be forgotten.

Nkya
05.07.2013 , 02:16 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
was in BT FP NM as a level 12, someone was asking the team to skip the conversations, just before the introduction of the droid where 1 other player was not cooperating, i was vote kicked for some reason and booted out moments later. i had no idea why. but besides that highly questionable use of the vote kick system. I joined another FP and got on with it.
I had the same handling in the Esseless (first republic flashpoint), after a couple of "skip" and "spacebar" post in the chat, I was vote kicked for watching the story... in the story mode. Not much else to do than /ignore those rude people.

I ran this flashpoint again, that time just one player was flooding the chat with angry "SKIP". We told him we're going to watch the story but he kept flooding the chat. He told he us has a real life and no time to spend at watching the cutscenes. Ironically he was a free player without the "Speed" buff, while we all had, and we had to wait him after each run in the corridor. So I suggested him he could save precious minutes of his life by spending few bucks to become privileged. More and more angry since we continued to watch the story, he started to reset the chat and not picking a choice, making the whole thing even longer for himself. Apparently the other players were unfamiliar with the vote kick system, but we managed to boot him out after a few tries and finished the flashpoint without further incidents.

Never_Hesitate
05.07.2013 , 03:14 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
I had the same handling in the Esseless (first republic flashpoint), after a couple of "skip" and "spacebar" post in the chat, I was vote kicked for watching the story... in the story mode. Not much else to do than /ignore those rude people.
I think the player you quoted, was skipping the cutscenes and oddly booted.

BT and Esseles are the only fp's I write in the fleets general chat to form a group.

This is for two reasons:
1. It's a h2+ and easily doable with two players
2. I specify that I want to skip the conversations (no other fp has a big enough amount of conversation for me to care about skipping)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Rahizm
05.07.2013 , 03:26 AM | #94
I went into TFB SM a week ago with 2 other PUGs and 5 members of a certain guild on the Harbinger. Everyone needed Arkanian gear still.

Took down the ***** queen and the agitated guards with no problem. Then we got to Operator dix. Spent 10 minutes figuring out who gets what color, and I stood there not changing any colors for that duration. To be continued.....

Right now. Wipe x3. I was wondering why. Till the 5 members of that certain guild told everybody "please fail the purple phase, since 2.0 this is exactly like hardmode"......

Uhm. Yeah. No.

I played along till we wiped twice more, then I opened my mouth, told em to play my tactics, and I'm not bragging :P Was told again: "No we can't make it, we have to fail purple phase this is like hard mode now since 2.0". Anyway, after like 5 minutes of talking about the subject, they went for my tactics (hooray) and we beat the encounter.. Woopteedoo. Next thing the 5 members of the guild leaves with "thanks all see ya!". Turned out they went for the weekly instead through groupfinder, skipping Ultimate comms and all that. I slapped my forehead so hard....

JouerTue
05.07.2013 , 05:56 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Maybe he felt like there's no need for any tactics on trash. I wouldn't be so bold to do that in ops, but in FPs, when I know it will make zero difference, I'll pull before tank without thinking twice.
i don't heal this kind of dps and i don't tank pulls open by others. no rant no insults no leaving the group. they leave after they die again and again.

best things for me:
one was an op dps spamming just his main attack and frag grenade..maybe a lover of realism..
and the big find H4 on hoth and the two area4 the dps were two marauders with one in cunning, aim and willpower gear and he was better than the other.

again on dps roling tank:
when you have a good healer i think you don't realize how fast your health goes down and how big is the effort in human and ingame resources for the said healer to keep you alive.

zzoorrzz
05.09.2013 , 05:06 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
i don't heal this kind of dps and i don't tank pulls open by others. no rant no insults no leaving the group. they leave after they die again and again.

best things for me:
one was an op dps spamming just his main attack and frag grenade..maybe a lover of realism..
and the big find H4 on hoth and the two area4 the dps were two marauders with one in cunning, aim and willpower gear and he was better than the other.

again on dps roling tank:
when you have a good healer i think you don't realize how fast your health goes down and how big is the effort in human and ingame resources for the said healer to keep you alive.
Do whatever you want, I can say I never had any problem with healers or tanks in my group, not a single word, not a single leave. So I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. As I said I'm talking about mobs where I know it makes zero difference for the group. Mobs that are mostly dead before they can reach me.

Seireeni
05.09.2013 , 05:27 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Do whatever you want, I can say I never had any problem with healers or tanks in my group, not a single word, not a single leave. So I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. As I said I'm talking about mobs where I know it makes zero difference for the group. Mobs that are mostly dead before they can reach me.
At least when I'm tanking and someone does this, I just run after them aoe taunting when they pull everything and /facepalm in my mind. I don't actually say anything unless they cause wipes. Same with my healers, if I can keep everyone up easily, I won't say anything, even though it might annoy me.
There's a differerence between desirable behaviour and tolerable behaviour. And unless it becomes intolerable behaviour, I at least don't say anything. Maybe I'm the only one who does that, or maybe I'm not.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

Zombietroll
05.09.2013 , 07:07 AM | #98
I made it through SM TFB using group finder last night. We one shot the first two bosses, but operator 9 gave us a bit of trouble. We had a token wipe, where everyone was just getting a feel for the fight and mechanics, to be expected.

Our next try took us to yellow phase almost flawlessly. Then the Sorc healer who was supposed to go to the middle completely spaced out. We typed directions into ops chat in caps, whispered him where to go, even had the tank try kiting him into the middle. We even had another Sorc extricate him into the middle, which he promptly force sped out of, I guess thinking it was a fight mechanic to run out of. We cleared the fight 2 pulls later.
Cheezeburger - Jedi Covenant - 55 Operative Healer

AlrikFassbauer
05.09.2013 , 07:58 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by DonkeyGobbler View Post
The tank dictates the pace. Don't like it? Enjoy queueing for another hour.
Me, I'm a slow player. As a healer, too.

If I come too late - and I always have to write that I'm a slow player ! - when battle is already on, things tend to become dangerous.

If the tank wants a faster healer, then he'd have to say so.

Jeweledleah
05.09.2013 , 08:35 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
At least when I'm tanking and someone does this, I just run after them aoe taunting when they pull everything and /facepalm in my mind. I don't actually say anything unless they cause wipes. Same with my healers, if I can keep everyone up easily, I won't say anything, even though it might annoy me.
There's a differerence between desirable behaviour and tolerable behaviour. And unless it becomes intolerable behaviour, I at least don't say anything. Maybe I'm the only one who does that, or maybe I'm not.
same here. I just ignore them so that I never have to group with them again. I know I should say something, but more often than not, dps like that means i have no time to say anything without contributing to a wipe. and sometimes they have gotten me too annoyed to say anything.