Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

More rewards for tanks and healers


Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
05.09.2013 , 07:17 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Does that actually work on anyone anywhere where you were dragged up to talk to them like that, i am wondering because your basic concpet of the problem is so far out of whack its not even funny. You state 'rewards are optional' yet are trying to endorse a reward scheme specifically for just tanks and healers, only giving it to tanks and healers encourages dps to roll out of there role specificaly for rewards, you know like you did. That role you didnt really like but you did because and the answer is........ ding, rewards.

And again, show me proof. I have yet to see proof where just treating the tanks and healers increase rgf, so show me that proof, go on, im waiting, but all im seeing is alot of hot air.
you are pointless to argue with. you are the one who is so out of wack I don't even know where to begin anymore

I've given you proof, but that proof is not good enough for you. the fact that I know personally people who queued more specifically for that reward is not good enough for you.

if someone who plays dps chooses to switch to more needed role because of the reward, how is that bad? people who chose to STAY dps are REWARDED with faster queue times, that's to people who chose to play tanks/healers more often due to extra incentives.

and I never said I didn't like that role, I said that I prefered other roles better. if someone chose to be pressured to play a role they do not like, because of extra reward, its THEIR problem. not that it doesn't happen already, with dps who are tired of waiting so they switch. except now there's no reward for them other then getting to play less preferred role faster.

either way. just. stop. please stop. your argument boils down to "I don't like it, so it doesn't work" its pointless and its not constructive.

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 07:19 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
you are pointless to argue with. you are the one who is so out of wack I don't even know where to begin anymore

I've given you proof, but that proof is not good enough for you. the fact that I know personally people who queued more specifically for that reward is not good enough for you. if someone who plays dps chooses to switch to more needed role because of the reward, how is that bad? people who chose to STAY dps are REWARDED with faster queue times, that's to people who chose to play tanks/healers more often due to extra incentives.

and I never said I didn't like that role, I said that I prefered other roles better. if someone chose to be pressured to play a role they do not like, because of extra reward, its THEIR problem. not that it doesn't happen already, with dps who are tired of waiting so they switch. except now there's no reward for them other then getting to play less preferred role faster.

either way. just. stop. please stop. your argument boils down to "I don't like it, so it doesn't work" its pointless and its not constructive.
You have given me hot air (which your post is) and opinions but no proof. so again proof, begin with that. 3,2,1 go.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

DolGrenn's Avatar


DolGrenn
05.09.2013 , 07:26 AM | #43
As a guy who mainly plays on his tank and healer, I would like this idea. Atm, my tank always gets instant queue pops in group finder, so a little extra reward on top of the quick daily comms would be nice. I just hope I'd still get instant queue pops with the influx of tanks!

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
05.09.2013 , 07:29 AM | #44
this is like talking to a child.

no U
its basic logic and math you know.

incidentally, there's another little but crucial point that you missed.

reward would be offered to the role most needed at any given time. so in your rare as unicorn example of actually having tanks and healers but not enough dps? guess who gets the extra incentive? that's right, dps.

its a self correcting system.

so. please do try again.

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 07:31 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
this is like talking to a child.

no U
its basic logic and math you know.

incidentally, there's another little but crucial point that you missed.

reward would be offered to the role most needed at any given time. so in your rare as unicorn example of actually having tanks and healers but not enough dps? guess who gets the extra incentive? that's right, dps.

its a self correcting system.

so. please do try again.
So you cannot find the proof then which is why you are doing the insults to try and provoke, you know just providing the proof would stop this. I do realise you like to alter your posts after the fact, this is why im quoting you so the original is saved. Ill just sit here awaiting that proof.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

jgoldsack's Avatar


jgoldsack
05.09.2013 , 07:50 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
A smuggler who is a sawbones and a smuggler who is a gunslinger are still a smuggler.




And it doesnt allow a pure dps ac to become its alter pure heal/tank ac. So no its not. Have a nice day.


next time you are in game, open up your guild window. Look at the column "class". I don;t see anything there for "smuggler", "Sith Warrior", or any generics, unless the player is below level 10.

So int eh Bioware world, Scoundrel and Gunslinger are 2 different classes.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 07:52 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
next time you are in game, open up your guild window. Look at the column "class". I don;t see anything there for "smuggler", "Sith Warrior", or any generics, unless the player is below level 10.

So int eh Bioware world, Scoundrel and Gunslinger are 2 different classes.
Can you swap acs, if or when they introduce duel spec do the majority want it to be from different acs. simple question.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
05.09.2013 , 07:58 AM | #48
ROLF. priceless. this is absolutely priceless.

anyways, back to the original topic.

if rewards for the role most needed were to be implemented, there need to be safeguards in place. something in a system that reads your current talent trees (since currently, you cannot save presets in TOR). otherwise, the issue with dps queueing as healers/tanks will be exacerbated from already frustrating occurrences we get now.

reward cannot be direct upgrades. it needs to be something desirable, but at the core - still fluff.

I'm still not the biggest fan, since no system is cheat proof and you cannot fix stupid, or malicious, you can only avoid it in future run by utilizing ignore and/or kick function. but. if anyone has any ideas of how to minimize cheating potential, its worth looking into.

also, in WoW, the annoying issue with this system is that role most needed sometimes changes while you are waiting for everyone to hit accept, so even if you were eligible for reward when you first had the group pop, you may not be getting it after all. solution? code reward to the moment of accepting the pop, not the moment of last person hitting accept and flashpoint quest upgrading.

jgoldsack's Avatar


jgoldsack
05.09.2013 , 08:00 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Can you swap acs, if or when they introduce duel spec do the majority want it to be from different acs. simple question.
Dual spec is not "dual AC". You seem to be thinking it is.

Dual spec allows you to swap specs within your class quickly and easily. That is all.

Class is not smuggler. Class is Gunslinger, class is Scoundrel. This is not my definition, this is Biowares definition.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 08:02 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Dual spec is not "dual AC". You seem to be thinking it is.

Dual spec allows you to swap specs within your class quickly and easily. That is all.

Class is not smuggler. Class is Gunslinger, class is Scoundrel. This is not my definition, this is Biowares definition.
Thats not what i asked you is it, what i asked you is if or when duel spec comes in that the majority want duel spec to allow you to switch between your Class http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes Advanced skill trees.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
ROLF. priceless. this is absolutely priceless..
Still waiting for the proof that this works as you state.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731