Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Misqueue Etiquette, how do you react?

Kenj
05.09.2013 , 12:27 AM | #1
So you're that guy who queued wrong, do you switch specs and try to fill the role you mistakenly queued for or do you leave the group hanging because it's not the role you want to play? Not the role you can play?

Or maybe you're in a guild run, and one of your guild mates queues wrong and you end up needing a role filled that nobody can fill. Does one of your guild members leave? or do you remove the one unknown from the group? Do you offer the unlucky pug anything for their trouble? or just the false sorry, and perhaps false hope that you'll offer to run something with them once your run is finished?

You're the unlucky pug who's been in DPS queue for a seemingly ungodly amount of time. You get into a group, maybe it's in progress, maybe not, and the group has someone queued wrong. You're the one kicked of course, so how do you react? should you just accept it? complain about it? Ignore list the players, and possibly the entirety of a guild over the matter? Bad mouth the players in General Chat?

--------------------------
When it's me it's not normally a problem. I usually keep two sets of gear on all my characters, given the RNG it's not uncommon for my offspec gear to be better then my main, so with that and field respec and just play the role I land in to the best of my ability, giving the group fair warning. When I'm on a pure DPS character my options of role are limited obviously, but the chance the misqueue is my fault is just as limited.

When I'm a DPS who gets kicked from the group I try to take it, but some days, when queue time seems to take an hour, or more, and I'm pressed for time, or knowing that it will be several hours at least before my turn comes again I complain about it to the group, say how long I've been in queue, and such. Maybe the group offers false hope, maybe they don't, either way it ends with me being kicked out to wait in queue again. A few times it happened twice in one night.

ChrisRedmond
05.09.2013 , 01:50 AM | #2
These things happen. Draw a line and move on.

Make a nice cup of tea, Earl Grey is good, the fragrance of bergamot wonderful for soothing the nerves, and show my working class origins by shoving a biscuit in it.
If you can't fix it, forget it.

zzoorrzz
05.09.2013 , 01:53 AM | #3
I'd whisper them, that tonight I'm going out with their mother, and then I'm never gonna call her again.

Seireeni
05.09.2013 , 03:52 AM | #4
I check my role before accepting the fp/ops, and if it's wrong, I decline. Simple.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

Snapsix
05.09.2013 , 06:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
I check my role before accepting the fp/ops, and if it's wrong, I decline. Simple.
This ^

It's very simple, people know what they are specced as and what equipment they have, especially the closer you get to max level...so check before you queue.

I for one am getting seriously fed up with joining groups where the healer/tank are in fact dps specced and either fail spectacularly to tank because they have low endurance and no mitigation or don't bother healing because they are too busy dps-ing. To say "oh but I get group faster if I queue as both" is a waste of everybodies time - groups containing these people have little to no chance of completing the content, so please just don't.

DON'T QUEUE FOR A ROLE YOU CAN'T/WON'T FULFILL!

If you have field respec and two sets of gear then that is a whole other story, fairplay to you for being flexible. IMHO, you should only be able to queue for multiple roles in FPs once you have field respec unlocked - this would help solve a LOT of these kind of mistakes/problems...

CyberTronX
05.09.2013 , 05:23 PM | #6
1: If it's me that got the wrong queue, I'll be LOOKING AT THE POP when it happens, and decline if I got something wrong.

2: If it's another group member, I expect them to either do just as good as someone in that role should, or own up to it and leave, or be intelligent and don't accept the pop before you confirm your role.

You have 2 minutes from when it pops to accept. Granted, I may put you on ignore if you take that entire 2 minutes because you're wasting my time, but it's more than enough to: Check who your group members are, if you don't want to run with specific classes, confirm their roles, and confirm yours. I really don't understand how you can "mistake" picking a role you shouldn't be in when you have so many opportunities to correct it before hitting "travel now".
"The following statement is false: The previous statement is true.
Welcome to our corner of the Universe." - Anonymous Seefra Denizen CY 10210

zzoorrzz
05.09.2013 , 05:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CyberTronX View Post
1: If it's me that got the wrong queue, I'll be LOOKING AT THE POP when it happens, and decline if I got something wrong.

2: If it's another group member, I expect them to either do just as good as someone in that role should, or own up to it and leave, or be intelligent and don't accept the pop before you confirm your role.

You have 2 minutes from when it pops to accept. Granted, I may put you on ignore if you take that entire 2 minutes because you're wasting my time, but it's more than enough to: Check who your group members are, if you don't want to run with specific classes, confirm their roles, and confirm yours. I really don't understand how you can "mistake" picking a role you shouldn't be in when you have so many opportunities to correct it before hitting "travel now".
You really put people on ignore for that? That's a bit crazy since you don't know why that person didn't respond. And it's hardly wasting your time since you can do basically everything you did before the window poped up during those 2 minutes.

CyberTronX
05.09.2013 , 06:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
You really put people on ignore for that? That's a bit crazy since you don't know why that person didn't respond. And it's hardly wasting your time since you can do basically everything you did before the window poped up during those 2 minutes.
Yes. I do seriously put people on ignore if they're THAT ONE GUY who won't accept the queue. Perks of being a tank, no matter how many people I ignore, I shall get an instant queue, unless I ignore 99% of the server. Being bitter about queue acceptance comes from WoW, where I'd get to wait through 5-10 queue pops before we get 3 dps who aren't kicking the cat or whatever.

And it's ALWAYS a dps.

If I'm on a dps toon, I'll also occasionally get a tank who's doing what I call "fishing". He'll queue, and then check who's in the pop, and if he doesn't like the potential group, he'll unqueue and immediately requeue 10 times in a row till he gets what he wants. I ignore for that too.
"The following statement is false: The previous statement is true.
Welcome to our corner of the Universe." - Anonymous Seefra Denizen CY 10210

GeckoOBac
05.09.2013 , 06:31 PM | #9
Depends... If I'm on my commando I'll just respec if I actually get the pop, not much of a problem. It doesn't really happen with my tank or healer as those roles will be chosen first always so I won't find myself having to dps.

If it happened on my dps guardian I'd probably just decline.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

Vegabond
05.09.2013 , 10:01 PM | #10
Vote kick them. You have 2 confirmation windows on before accepting especially when its story mode operation queues to see that you are queued as wrong spec