Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kajuratus
05.08.2013 , 08:23 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
A worrying precedent.

It's not a quirky bug that people shrug off but a very noticeable looking error that mars the appearance of what was supposed to be a visually cool item.

It's sloppy and unprofessional to acknowledge this obvious error but fail to rectify it due to 'some liking the current version'

That argument can be used to NOT fix any bug ingame:

Codex borked? "Some like the challenge of finding out which are broken and which aren't so we're not fixing any of them, yay."

Ship grade 7 blasters no longer do the right damage? "Well, we've found that a few players have enjoyed this artificial challenge increase and so why disappoint those buggers with a fix?"

Naked bolster gives better results than fully geared in Warzones? "Well, I've met a few ingame who love the current diversity in appearances now in Warzones. With varying degrees of darkside corruption few naked players are the same colour and that adds more variety to the WZ landscape...for some people that is. No fix incoming."

My 2 Cartel coins.
This is exactly what I thought when reading Eric's post, what about other clipping bugs like capes and long coats on certain speeders? Will they just not bother to fix them because people may like the look of the fabric going straight through their vehicle?

XenonDarkstar
05.08.2013 , 08:46 AM | #202
Almost tempted to unsub and play KOTOR again...

The double hood thing is is stupid, the color mismatch is lame as well. However IMO the MASSIVE shoulders that was ripped off of the generic inquisitor gear is the biggest issue along with the missing CAPE. I mean really? Instead of Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith who nearly destroyed the republic, I get Genie Revan, he who grants no wishes.

huh, grants no wishes, sounds familiar amirite Bioware?

Aelther
05.08.2013 , 09:56 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by qAsandra View Post
I don't care for the double hood either, but to be honest, I don't use my Revan's chest much anymore. When you "Unify colors" when using it, it turns some items an ugly burnt orange color. (I'm guessing it's supposed to be brown?)

If both issues were corrected I would probably use it more.
Eeem... What are you talking about. It's unify to chest. How could unifying other pieces to chest would make the chest...orange? I want what you're smoking.

Anyway Revan always wore a black robe with a bronze chestplate. He never wore anything brown. Except maybe when he was still a padawan of the jedi order.

uaintjak
05.08.2013 , 10:04 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Eeem... What are you talking about. It's unify to chest. How could unifying other pieces to chest would make the chest...orange? I want what you're smoking.
Seems like you already had some of what he was smoking. Go back and read what he wrote, then read what you responded.

Aelther
05.08.2013 , 10:07 AM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by uaintjak View Post
Seems like you already had some of what he was smoking. Go back and read what he wrote, then read what you responded.
It does not turn any items orange. If turns them black. And nothing is "supposed" to be brown.

EricMusco
05.08.2013 , 03:36 PM | #206 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

YoshiRaphElan
05.08.2013 , 03:41 PM | #207
Good! Thank you! This is awesome! You guys rock!

This is what I like to hear.

Selenial
05.08.2013 , 03:42 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
No classic armor?
So much for "err on the side of caution" Fools. You obviously have no idea how to keep players happy, EA has taught you well.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
The Gate Crashing, Dragon Slaying, Eternal Warrior from Beyond.

jersyiii
05.08.2013 , 03:46 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
No classic armor?
So much for "err on the side of caution" Fools. You obviously have no idea how to keep players happy, EA has taught you well.
they say they wont change it => u nag
they say they will change it => u nag more

get over it allrdy

YoshiRaphElan
05.08.2013 , 03:52 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
No classic armor?
Good grief, this is why they didn't want to change it. Don't change their minds. Again.