Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fleshtaker
05.08.2013 , 06:50 AM | #5261
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
Is this a new transfer system or the transfer system for making copies on the PTS before they released Makeb, because it was regularly causing faults and errors with transfering characters costing valuable manhours of manual fixing. Between that and the state of Harbringer they are a long way from technically ready for this merger.
Thay have a system from when they opened the apac servers the apac players were allowed to xfer here from US servers and it ran smoothly

odonoghuet
05.08.2013 , 09:30 AM | #5262
Quote: Originally Posted by fleshtaker View Post
Thay have a system from when they opened the apac servers the apac players were allowed to xfer here from US servers and it ran smoothly
That was a manual system that took a staggered over short time implimentation and still had issues and complaints requiring manual fixes. Since then we have expanded legacy, reputation, and achievements as well as all the character changes going F2P, CCs and the CM, and 2.0 brought us. With all the cut backs on personel they obviously not want to waste man hours on closing us down.

As Eric has stated in his last post, we will get our choice of destination transfer before the APAC servers are closed, we can only assume he means for us to be using the automated transfer system they have been talking of since release and never made working yet. A system they have said nothing since I think SotG2 which was that it will be coming this year.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

Prabhunath
05.08.2013 , 05:17 PM | #5263
My shameless bump. Bioware, we're still waiting.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

Dafydil
05.09.2013 , 12:44 AM | #5264
Bump..
Dafydil merc (Midian)
Jazre mando (Don't Panic)

Roalmo
05.09.2013 , 04:45 PM | #5265
Sigh....

Dacce
05.09.2013 , 05:45 PM | #5266
The biggest issue out of everything is that they put some info about us getting transfers close to 2 months ago... and yet there has been no new information about what is going on.

Not even a "So yeah guys still looking into this one for you - nothing new just letting you know we are still working on it!"

I thought this was where we got community engagement - eric must have us on Ignore!

fushnchips
05.09.2013 , 07:33 PM | #5267
Well what happened to Eric Musco did they send him out on some EA community camping trip with no chance of return.
Worldfirst Imperial Agent Non Advance Class R.I.P

The Revanchist The Ruined World Dread Master Gate Crasher Dragon Slayer
From Beyond Warstalker The Unyielding The Infernal

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

iamthehoyden
05.09.2013 , 08:30 PM | #5268
9/21/2012 (pg 9) Joveth - listening to concerns, "evaluating this in the next few days."
...over 2 weeks pass...
10/9/2012 (pg 47) Joveth - "no new information"

....a month later...
11/6/2012 (pg 88) Joveth - "now you have the latest on our plans."

...over 2 months later...
1/16/2013 (pg 194) Joveth - "I know it's been awhile since we updated this thread,..." please give us your ideas
...a week later...
1/25/2013 (pg 235) Joveth - "going to review these and see what we can do."

...a month later...
2/27/2013 (pg 284) Eric - "not forgot about the APAC server concerns"

...a month later...
3/21/2013 (pg 309) Eric - "update of sorts" look for details next week
...4 days...
3/25/2013 (pg 318) Eric - servers will be closed, pop shifted to NA servers
...same day ...
3/25/2013 (pg 325) Eric - expansion on reasoning for server closure
...2 days...
3/27/2013 (pg 426) Eric - expanded transfer options

...over a month...
5/9/2013 (pg 527) .....

Um...wow. That's really really ridiculous. You all have my deepest sympathies. Eesh.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Prabhunath
05.10.2013 , 07:01 PM | #5269
Bump...the APAC community wants to love this game, Bioware, why are you so intent on alienating us?
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

CrazyMcGee
05.10.2013 , 11:35 PM | #5270
So, BW, about that whole APAC thing...? We're still here, in case you wondered!