Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the best recommended Video Card?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is the best recommended Video Card?

JerrySeinfld
05.07.2013 , 06:28 PM | #1
First off, SWTOR is the only game I play on PC, and unfortunately my current video card cannot run it very well. Now at some points in the game the performence is very smooth, but at other points it is absolutely dreadful. So I was wondering, what is your recommended video card to run this game while experiencing few to none frame rate drops. I have been buy and returning video cards non-stop with no luck. And BTW my current card is a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI-E Video Card (100315L)

Arkerus
05.07.2013 , 06:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JerrySeinfld View Post
First off, SWTOR is the only game I play on PC, and unfortunately my current video card cannot run it very well. Now at some points in the game the performence is very smooth, but at other points it is absolutely dreadful. So I was wondering, what is your recommended video card to run this game while experiencing few to none frame rate drops. I have been buy and returning video cards non-stop with no luck. And BTW my current card is a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI-E Video Card (100315L)
That card is more than enough to run this game. You've probably been returning video cards and just making people angry with open box products.

You need to look at your computer and your in game settings. I have a 6770 and I run everything on high with NO shadows and my game is pretty smooth (exception of extreme high traffic areas).
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Doctoglethorpe
05.07.2013 , 07:21 PM | #3
My GTX 570 runs it pretty well. Could be a little better but its beyond good enough.

Your card wasn't that bad though. Unelss yor aiming for pure 60fps/1080p at max settings it could be something else in your pc holding you back, gpu's arent everything. Whats you CPU, PSU and RAM?

JerrySeinfld
05.08.2013 , 03:04 AM | #4
Thanks for the recommendations guys, but I solved the issue of low FPS by just making the AA in the Catalyst Control center 2x, and it runs extremely smooth now. But thanks anyway.

Shingara
05.08.2013 , 03:24 AM | #5
Anything above a 560ti will play this game at full settings really, i think even the old 480 can.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731