Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weapons with crafting skill requirements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weapons with crafting skill requirements

Selethar
05.07.2013 , 01:46 PM | #1
I am looking for information of what I thought were new weapons added to the game where you had to have a certain skill level in a crafting skill to use them (example 450 artifice to use XXX saber). Are there any such items in game? This is not reputation requirements, but crafting skill requirements

Jimvinny
05.07.2013 , 01:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Selethar View Post
I am looking for information of what I thought were new weapons added to the game where you had to have a certain skill level in a crafting skill to use them (example 450 artifice to use XXX saber). Are there any such items in game? This is not reputation requirements, but crafting skill requirements
As far as I know, no such thing exists. And I hope that remains the case. what a ridiculous idea.

Sentinel-Jordal
05.07.2013 , 01:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
As far as I know, no such thing exists. And I hope that remains the case. what a ridiculous idea.
Agree 110% with you :-D
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Quraswren
05.07.2013 , 02:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Selethar View Post
There are a few things that seem to have the crafting skill requirement but they are not really weapons (except maybe cybertech)

Biochem has a few reusable crafts that have that requirement.

I think Cybertech also have grenades that have that requirement.

I don't think the other crafting professions have that.

Unlike the others, I wouldn't mind the other professions having something unique to them that would make them more interesting even if it had a requirement that only a high level user of that profession could use.

Eldrake
05.07.2013 , 02:59 PM | #5
Cybertech and Biochem are the only two crew skills which i am aware of which can create items that require skill in the crew skill to use. For Biochem, they can make reusable stims, adrenals and medpacks. For Cybertech, they can create reusable grenades. For both classes, there are Blue, non-reusable, options, but for the Purple, reusable, items, you need to have a minimum skill in the crew skill to use them.

Selethar
05.07.2013 , 08:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
I'm sorry but I disagree. I find it a grand idea to have something that you can have special for all the time and credits spent leveling a skill.

Mugen_no_Jidai
05.07.2013 , 09:35 PM | #7
Back at the game's launch, Armormech/Synthweaving could make near-BIS bracers and belts that were bind on pick-up, while Artifice had BOP Rakata relics. These were the unique "perks" at that point in time. Armstech was pretty much crap until augments/top tier barrel crafting came out, and never had such a perk.

Why this was a bad idea, is that most enterprising people would level up Armormech/Synthweaving for belts/braces, drop that, then take Artifice for Relics, and drop that before ending with Biochem or Cybertech for the perks of reusable stims/adrenals/medpacks and grenades, respectively.

Since Bioware saw fit to kill endgame crafting as we knew it pre-2.0, it would be nice if professions had unique perks again (for which you would need the correct active crewskill to actually use at all), as there's little reason beyond credit-making to have anything besides Biochem or Cybertech (mostly Biochem) for endgame raiding.