Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Virus_Bot
05.07.2013 , 02:05 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates

Page no longer features "coming soon" details. Is this all we can expect from 2.1? Where is the content subscribers are paying for? Is there anything in the update we won't be charged extra? Twenty dyes for players to craft won't really cut it.
You have enough content already, you do not need any more content.

EricMusco
05.07.2013 , 07:44 AM | #122 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I wanted to specifically address the concern of “what is a subscriber getting in an all Cartel Market update?” Game Update 2.1 brings a whole lot of customization and convenience features to the game which have been requested for quite some time, such as character name changes etc. As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month, and certainly more options for your monthly Cartel Coin grant can’t be a bad thing!

I think the core of some of your frustrations is that you feel like Game Update 2.1 is “eating up a slot” for our regular content cadence, and because of that, you won’t actually be receiving any new content in this “cycle.” I figure the best way to address that is to lay out a bit of a road map of what the next few weeks looks like! This will help especially if you are only looking at what you are getting within one “content cycle.” As I have done in the past, I need to make it clear that everything I am about to say is our current plan and that it is subject to change, but I want to give you as many details as I can! Here is our current plan:
  • Game Update 2.1 will release on Tuesday, May 14th
  • Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th
If you are keeping track and we hit those dates, Game Update 2.2 will releasing 8 weeks and 2 days from the time we released Rise of the Hutt Cartel (so basically around our 8 week cadence that is often referenced). What that means is that even though I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features… Also, both of these Game Updates will come with the usual bug fixes, quality of life improvements, etc. which you have come to expect (reference the patch notes for more info).

I know many of you will reserve full judgment until you see what happens over the next few weeks. I hope getting a little bit more information on our timeline will help alleviate your concerns. I have stated before that our Cartel Market and content teams are two very different things internally, which is why we can have these two Game Updates release so close together. Hopefully that provides some insight into our plans!

TLDR – If you’re concerned that Game Update 2.1 is taking up space in our content cadence and only contains Cartel Market stuff, fear not, Game Update 2.2 is coming sooner than you would expect!

-eric

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SNCommand
05.07.2013 , 07:48 AM | #123
Appreciate the roadmap, just hope people will understand it if 2.2 gets delayed for a few weeks if necessary

Personally I'm content with 2.1 if 2.2 will arrive about 4 weeks after, Rise of the Hutt cartel was a large content update
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

DarthTHC
05.07.2013 , 07:54 AM | #124
Again they reiterate that subscribers' cartel coins are an allowance they design against rather than a gift.

Again they announce that the Gree are coming back "soon" in response to player complaints of lack of new content.

Veerlo
05.07.2013 , 08:01 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Again they reiterate that subscribers' cartel coins are an allowance they design against rather than a gift.

Again they announce that the Gree are coming back "soon" in response to player complaints of lack of new content.
OMG! Anyone who thinks that our monthly allowance of CC is not considered when putting stuff out for Cartel Market is a fool. I have 2 kids and i do it with my own kids. I give them a fixed amount of $ and when they ask for something i tell them well if you save up on that allowance we might help you get it.

As for -eric : Thanks again for the improvement on communication. Seeing a more fast paced than every 6-8 weeks is good even though it's divided in two departments. 2 updates ( 1 CM and 1 content ) in the 6-8 week window is better than 1.

Just one question though when are you gonna use PTS for the updates regularly ? 2 possible reason for me to use PTS. First is to help out on bugs but second is to get ahead and get prepared for when it goes live. I've been racking up on basic comms and mats on my artificer to make sure i'll be able to make all dyes but i still not sure what it'll take. lvl 55 mats or lvl 50 mats ?
CE owner,
New to SWTOR or wanna have 7 days of sub level account, goodies and free transfer ? Click here

TUXs
05.07.2013 , 08:01 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month!
Thank you for the road map Eric, it's very much appreciated!!!

I just wanted to ask about this comment - you realize most of us have multiple toons right? Do you also take that into consideration when trying to set cartel prices?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Shingara
05.07.2013 , 08:03 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

[*]Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th

I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features…

TLDR – If you’re concerned that Game Update 2.1 is taking up space in our content cadence and only contains Cartel Market stuff, fear not, Game Update 2.2 is coming sooner than you would expect!

-eric

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…
So 2.2 drops the same day as E3 starts, you wont say what it is but we can suspect its gonna be in the big ea announcment thingy mabob thing they do at E3 so im gonna stab at the SSSP.

Quoted post cut down to relevent part.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

stephenalandavie
05.07.2013 , 08:07 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
So 2.2 drops the same day as E3 starts, you wont say what it is but we can suspect its gonna be in the big ea announcment thingy mabob thing they do at E3 so im gonna stab at the SSSP.

Quoted post cut down to relevent part.
Its will be the green enclave most likely. He pretty much hints that at the bottom. Still no post on fixes though i see.
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

Shingara
05.07.2013 , 08:08 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Its will be the green enclave most likely. He pretty much hints that at the bottom. Still no post on fixes though i see.
Gree enclave is an event isnt it, not a content update big enough to grant its own reference main number.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Benfynyn
05.07.2013 , 08:09 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Thank you for the road map Eric, it's very much appreciated!!!

I just wanted to ask about this comment - you realize most of us have multiple toons right? Do you also take that into consideration when trying to set cartel prices?
This. More account wide unlocks, legacy pricing on multiple sets of gears and legacy bound items.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.