Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
05.06.2013 , 12:15 PM | #71 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
05.06.2013 , 12:20 PM | #72
Wow. Magnus will be annoyed... Thanks for the answer but I seriously can't imagine how can any player be fond of Revan's armor having two hoods

Master Musco, please tell me there is hood toggle coming in 2.1 so we can dye other armor pieces into our Revan armor?

And not releasing classic versions is kinda unfair, considering all other pieces got them.

dpwms's Avatar


dpwms
05.06.2013 , 12:20 PM | #73
Terrible decision. Something that is broken or not working as intended should be fixed, period. You are going to potentially have people upset either way, so why not err on the side of making things right? This decision really makes no sense. I don't care much about this particular armor piece, but this sets a bad precedent for dealing with future errors.

Exastify's Avatar


Exastify
05.06.2013 , 12:21 PM | #74
My vote: keep it.

The RPing lore-freaks may be outraged but most people don't care.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
05.06.2013 , 12:22 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Exastify View Post
My vote: keep it.

The RPing lore-freaks may be outraged but most people don't care.
How? Why would you care? It doesn't look aesthetically.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
05.06.2013 , 12:23 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Wow. Thanks for the answer but I seriously can't imagine how can any player be fond of Revan's armor having two hoods
I guess some people could like the bugged look, but it's almost certainly the minority who would their gear to clip.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Exastify's Avatar


Exastify
05.06.2013 , 12:24 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
How? Why would you care? It doesn't look aesthetically.
Well, I use the set on my trooper (you can already tell I don't care much for lore ) and I like the way it looks?

Shikyo's Avatar


Shikyo
05.06.2013 , 12:25 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric
Garbage....
You guys have done so well with the other iconical characters in making their sets as close as possible in and all of their cases, so close that we barely hear a peep about anything with them.

Then the ONE, most iconical character to the series, you really do butcher and beat it to the ground.

Does the look have it's one flare? Sure it does. But with 2.1 I can completely mimic that set with another easily obtainable set in the game. Can I fix a design bug to it? Nope, that's on the devs.

You are trying to aviod the "mistake" you made last time with having to introduce classic sets, because "understandably" people got use to the look of the bugged versions with some even buying them for their bugged look, and here you are just flipping the side in which you are going to make angry.

What about those that bought them to have them, assuming in good faith that you would fix the bug that was NEVER intended?

This by far seems more like a, "We honestly already made our money off of Revan's robes and don't feel like spending the money or man power to fix it like we did before." Why does it sound like this? Because the logic in the decision you posted just doesn't make sense. Last time the bug made some people mad so we fixed. Then it made others mad who liked the bug version so we had to put it back for them too. So rather then making everyone happy this time, we're just going to leave 50% mad and say sorry....

The fact that you couldn't even put a cape on Revan's Robes was disappointing enough. The hood bug was added spit to the eye. Now this is a HUGE let down in my personal opinion.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
05.06.2013 , 12:33 PM | #79
To be honest: I think we'll see ORIGINAL Revan's set in the last shipment of the contraband packs. That's why they can't really be bothered.

DarthVengeant's Avatar


DarthVengeant
05.06.2013 , 12:33 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric
Now everything makes sense to me. You guys are so utterly disconnected and uncaring about your game that you would rather have a half a**ed game full of easily fixed bugs, then something of quality. This explains why you created an achievement system, but "forgot" to fix the codex entries which are bugged so now people cannot get the some achievements AT ALL. You guys actually make a decision NOT to fix something in you game. That shows everyone right there what the problems is. If I worked at a company who made such a decision, I would be embarrassed to work there.

People want QUALITY, not quantity. That's something these corporations just don't seem to grasp anymore.

Yes, adding more cartel crap is much more important THAN FIXING YOUR GAME!!!

I seriously can't believe this kind of statement. Flat out refuse to fix something in your game. "face palm"