Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

Nyysjan
04.30.2013 , 12:05 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylvidre View Post
I don't agree on this point (because if I want to play solo I don't load on a MMO) The fact is that if the quest wasn't bugged it would be a lot less annoying ^^
I do not mind heroic quests, although i do hate it when the whole group requirement is due to amount of clickies needed to be used at the same time, but making a looooong solo quest chain, then suddenly slamming a 4 man heroic at the end, makes it lot hard to find groups that are all on the same stage.
Especially if/when many people don't bother with the chain to begin with, or, especially if the heroic4s are in places where people of appropriate level are otherwise unlikely to be.

And yes, it not being bugged would be awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

CrownofGold
04.30.2013 , 03:13 AM | #72
Here is MY issue with this questline: the entire thing leading up to the final battle is designes to be soloed. At the end you're going to go and switch it on us and demand that we need not just one other person but THREE? I am ok with missions being challenging but you need to be realistic.

And while I am on my soapbox:

One of the best qualities about SWTOR that made it a better MMO than others was that by grouping up with other people, you were able to accomplish more in a slightly easier fashion. With the exspansion, all misssions you groul ip with become HARDER! Not just twice as hard for two people but almost four times harder if you just add ine additional player to the group. Where is the motivation to group up with other players if it is going to make your game play a head ache. Thirty minutes for a group of four to kill the Archon? ARE YOUR SERIOUS?!?!

And oh yeah, I am glad there are level 55 flashpoints but who's idea was it to make the healers job even MORE difficult than it already was? They already had the hardest job in the group! STUPID DESIGN CHOICE!
"I am Revan reborn and before me you are nothing!"
Nox 55 Sorc (D), Imperius 55 Sorc (H), Sinthea 55 Sin (D), Ra'vij 55 Marauder, Thanavesh 55 Juggernaut (D), Toxic'blade 55 Operative (H), Priss 55 Mercenary (D), A'ala 55 Sentinel, Snowflakes 55 Shadow (D) Dread Guardians @ POT5 Server

JoseWan
04.30.2013 , 07:09 AM | #73
It's been 2 weeks now without finding a group. Soloing it as far as I could, I discovered you only need 3 players to press the buttons.

EDIT. Only works for the first 3 buttons.

Never_Hesitate
04.30.2013 , 07:18 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by CrownofGold View Post
Here is MY issue with this questline: the entire thing leading up to the final battle is designes to be soloed. At the end you're going to go and switch it on us and demand that we need not just one other person but THREE? I am ok with missions being challenging but you need to be realistic.

And while I am on my soapbox:

One of the best qualities about SWTOR that made it a better MMO than others was that by grouping up with other people, you were able to accomplish more in a slightly easier fashion. With the exspansion, all misssions you groul ip with become HARDER! Not just twice as hard for two people but almost four times harder if you just add ine additional player to the group. Where is the motivation to group up with other players if it is going to make your game play a head ache. Thirty minutes for a group of four to kill the Archon? ARE YOUR SERIOUS?!?!

And oh yeah, I am glad there are level 55 flashpoints but who's idea was it to make the healers job even MORE difficult than it already was? They already had the hardest job in the group! STUPID DESIGN CHOICE!
All the things that you find frustrating, make the game even more fun for me:

- scaling with group size is cool, so we still have a bit of a challange, if we group up
- I loved the h4's at the end of the quest chains, it was so much fun to figure things out with three other players
- the new fp's are not just roflstomp at the moment and the dps actually have to watch not to pull aggro.
(I play as healer as well as tank)

(We had around 5 min maybe 10 min with 3 people for archon, don't know how you took 30 min there)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

JoseWan
05.02.2013 , 03:59 AM | #75
I was able to finish it yesterday. At last! It required some commitment from all the players to finish it.

Themanthatisi
05.06.2013 , 09:43 AM | #76
My wife and I got lucky and happened to find to other players, DPS, to join us... I have to say, that boss fight is hard, we wiped several times...

I love the missions, but I do agree, its a bad spot for a H4.... One of the guys was a GM of a guild that does lots of Raids, he said, its may be the hardest boss fight of any in his opinion.

Because of the location of this H4 and it can only be done with people in that stage of the story, I see this as a mission series many will never complete, either out of frustration or they simply cant find others to play with.

Thundergulch
05.06.2013 , 11:40 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
Needs to be nerfd.. Finding a group is almost impossible, and then when you get to the last boss and you wipe everyone quits and you have to look for another group for the next 2-4 days with absolutely 0 whispers..

It's bull crap.. it should be nerfd so it can be 2 manned
All I see is QQ.
Join a guild, stop trying to pug everything.
You choose to not be in one, therefore you're limiting yourself.. and then you want them to change it because YOU are too lazy to be in a guild.

Themanthatisi
05.06.2013 , 12:40 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
All I see is QQ.
Join a guild, stop trying to pug everything.
You choose to not be in one, therefore you're limiting yourself.. and then you want them to change it because YOU are too lazy to be in a guild.
A guild would not help my wife and I nor the 2 other people from another guild....

The guild I am in, no one got to that part, so no one could help. The other 2 players, from a larger guild, including the GM, also had no others in the guild that was at that point. It was by luck we met up at the same point.... However, finding people to group with, should not rely on luck.

This is not a typical H4 and its not repeatable and it can only have players that actually are at that point.... He is not being lazy, he has a VALID POINT!

canuckly
05.06.2013 , 12:42 PM | #79
the last boss is a pain if people don't know what their doing

i had several wipes caused because people weren't going back to their panels and once that starts happening its game over

several wipes due to a commando dps not realizing the healer is down and maybe they should revive that healer instead of throwing out heals as a dps

i finally got basically a full guild group except a dps and did the boss one try

very fun quest line hope they give us more of these the game needs to be challenging we don't need a lost island nerf

Thundergulch
05.06.2013 , 12:48 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Themanthatisi View Post
This is not a typical H4 and its not repeatable and it can only have players that actually are at that point....
The highlighted part is absolutely 100% false.
My first time doing this was with 2 people that had the quest, and 2 that didn't.
2nd time, I was the only one on the quest.
As long as 1 person has the quest, all they need is 3 other players.